What's new

PDF should support png format

vi-va

Reaction score
Country
China
When I copy news from other website, one of the frustration is png format graph.
JPG, png, gif are most common format. I think PDF should support png format.

png format takes more memory & increases the loading time so what is a solution for that?

The amount of load it will put on the server as PNG format take too much space plus processing power of server.

When I copy news from other website, one of the frustration is png format graph.
JPG, png, gif are most common format. I think PDF should support png format.
Its already supported.

png format takes more memory & increases the loading time so what is a solution for that?

I notice a lot of older threads have pictures missing or removed, is that because of the same problem?

Can't the forum integrate some third party hosting like imgur instead

I notice a lot of older threads have pictures missing or removed, is that because of the same problem?

Can't the forum integrate some third party hosting like imgur instead
No, that's mostly because people use sites like imgur and then they delete the files after some years. Instead users should use the attachment here on the forum to display images.

I can copy and paste other website with jpg and gif, but failed to do so with png files.
I tried many website, such as quora, not working.
Try saving file and uploading.

No, that's mostly because people use sites like imgur and then they delete the files after some years. Instead users should use the attachment here on the forum to display images.

Try saving file and uploading.
Saving and uploading is ok, I knew. But it's time costly.

I can simply copy&paste a whole web page into PDF thread with jpg format, but I can NOT do it for png. That's the problem.

I tried many websites, they all have the same issue.

Some website has many graph, uploading is quite a burden, tbh.

Saving and uploading is ok, I knew. But it's time costly.

I can simply copy&paste a whole web page into PDF thread with jpg format, but I can NOT do it for png. That's the problem.

I tried many websites, they all have the same issue.

Some website has many graph, uploading is quite a burden, tbh.
Ok point noted.

Back
Top Bottom