What's new

PEMRA bars TV channels from airing contraceptive ad

RuheTag

Reaction score
PEMRA bars TV channels from airing contraceptive ad – The Express Tribune

580810-mathira-1374576702-143-640x480.jpg

Ad : Video Link

I mean seriously doesn't have PEMRA anything else to do like blocking all dogs barking on air against the country on channels than blocking this ad?

TBH... the ad is not particularly appealing but I doubt if they blocked because of its distastefulness.

BTW: I haven't used Josh condoms, are they really good?

PEMRA bars TV channels from airing contraceptive ad – The Express Tribune

580810-mathira-1374576702-143-640x480.jpg

Ad : Video Link

I mean seriously doesn't have PEMRA anything else to do like blocking all dogs barking on air against the country on channels than blocking this ad?

TBH... the ad is not particularly appealing but I doubt if they blocked because of its distastefulness.

BTW: I haven't used Josh condoms, are they really good?

im gald they blocked it.

btw: there is nothing special about flavored condoms unless you know.

The ET audience was talking about the threats of over population and such.
Is that really an issue for us? Yes resources are going down but over-population was never seen as a national issue was it?

What were they thinking putting up flavored condoms in the ad? That was a disaster waiting to happen.

P.S There are many other condom ads that used to run with no problems on TV before. So it has to be the presentation of the flavored condoms or just the epic raunchiness that was shown that got it off the air. Saathi condoms used to run their ads back in the day, and even had a public service announcement of some kind as well. Not too sure if my memory is correct.

whats the difference between flavoured and non flavoured? :P :P

i wonder if flavored condoms would be popular in Pakistan? Do anybody has any statistics on condom usage in Pakistan? Like Sometime ago I saw some news on BBC regarding condoms that universally normal size (i don't know what that is exactly) condoms were too large for Indians.

no point of banning, however the ads should be decent, purposeful and matching with our social norms.

Sometimes I thinking there should have been tight regulations made by Musharaf for Media. While opening up the ground. He should have atleast see how west is letting media to operate. Even critical news in USA get clearance from FCC. But in Pakistan, Media is free to show, even things which could be critically go wrong. Musharaf tried to impose, but it was way too late. In this manner, Zia was best, in his presence, even powerful group like Naw-e-Waqt, Jang Groups, no body was posting anything against Pakistan, or against Pakistan Foreign Policy. Here, Internal Media shows things which Pakistan internationally is denying.

Back
Top Bottom