What's new

Pemra issues notices to TV channels over graphic footage

Dance

Reaction score
ISLAMABAD: The Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority (Pemra) has served show cause notices to 17 TV channels for airing unedited live footage of blood, gore, dead and mutilated bodies amid a private plane crash.

According to a press release issued here Wednesday, the authority has also issued notices to other 24 entertainment TV channels on account of airing “indecent, vulgar and unethical programs, advertisements, shows, excessive foreign content and intruding into personal and family life of people”.

In the warnings issued to the TV channels, the coverage was termed extremely unethical and irresponsible.

There is no harm in taking edge over other channels in dissemination of timely and accurate news but the quest must not be to take lead in indecency or irregularity, said the press release.

The channels have also been summoned to show cause under section 20 (c) & (f) of the Pemra Ordinance and Rule 15 (1) of Pemra Rules.

Pemra issues notices to TV channels over graphic footage | DAWN.COM

That is very good, When I saw those video clips on TV I was laughing on the immaturity of Pakistani media and the way they were taking interviews of families of the dead people. It was more like as if they were laughing on the state of the dead. First they kept on showing the dead bodies, parts of the body, blood all over the ground and then asking brothers/sisters/wife of the victims as how they were feeling and what were they doing when they heard of this news and what happened after that and so on.

Never saw Pakistani media so irresponsible like the way they were handing this matter and showing footage of the dead bodies in every TV channel.

I agree with not showing all the blood and gore stuff.

But what do they mean by "indecent, vulgar and unethical programs"?

Finally they took the step, our media is totally out of control and they act more or less like neighborhood bullies than anything else

love it...
how would one feel when a man with mic comes to them while they are crying for their dead relative....and ask them "How are they feeling"
thats a silly and humiliating question...

but give the media some time..hopefully they will mature.

Back
Top Bottom