What's new

Photos of 1965's Istanbul

Gaara

Reaction score
Taken by Charles W. Cushman, from University of Indiana, in 1965. I am aware of the fact that they are not defence related but, in my humble opinion, these photos worth millions. I hope you like them as much as I do.

Milliyet - 1965 y

1965-yilinin-istanbul-u-istanbul-charles-w-cushman-1277058.jpg

1965-yilinin-istanbul-u-istanbul-charles-w-cushman-1277044.jpg

1965-yilinin-istanbul-u-istanbul-charles-w-cushman-1277048.jpg

1965-yilinin-istanbul-u-istanbul-charles-w-cushman-1277042.jpg

HTML:
You like this This Third World Dump? You, my friend are one of the strangest members

You apparently didnt visit Istanbul once. It used to smell history from the buildings. You could have traveled through the centuries when touched those buildings, in the past decades. Now it transformed into modern but spiritless city.

modern but spiritless city.

Hardly... I agree that İstanbul's historical legacy took damage and people keep on damaging

But I can say that most important historical districts like Fatih, Galata and Kadıköy are pretty much preserved, We've focused skyscrapers and modern buildings in business districts like Şişli, Maslak and Levent. So i think we have managed to keep the two seperated from each other as much as possible.

I only wish if we can move the docks from Kadıköy to somewhere else. It can open a lot more fvcking space than the Atatürk statue.

HTML:

You apparently didnt visit Istanbul once. It used to smell history from the buildings. You could have traveled through the centuries when touched those buildings, in the past decades. Now it transformed into modern but spiritless city.

Of course Istanbul changed. Just as China did.. From a poor backward nation to a modern State.
But the Killumati dude wanted Turkey to devolve

Of course Istanbul changed. Just as China did.. From a poor backward nation to a modern State.
But the Killumati dude wanted Turkey to devolve

Most of European cities preserve old quarters of their cities. One can build a modern city in distance of 5 km from the oldtown, and other one builds city by destroying oldtown.

Each historic piece is voyage through the time, represents not only centuries, but lives of those who are not with us by now. Each demolished historic piece is a history erased and cannot be brought back. Whether Roman or Ottoman, unimportant.

If we didnt have ancient writing or statues, we could have not identified ourselves with a culture. Then we could have Been modern but in the meantime cultureless and rootless.

Its very good knews that historical houses , hundreds of years old are being refurbished and is looking much better.

uskudarahsapbina.jpg

Back
Top Bottom