What's new

Pictures from Gaza, attack by Savage Israel before their election in Jan

There's something else, too, Ptex. I've met and gotten to know Pakistanis several times in my life over the decades. Neighbors who by example taught me by example about dignity and decency. A devoted lab partner and classmate. A radiologist whose skill - together with that of his Jewish boss and Indian assistant - extended a relative's life for over a year. One or two others. Most of these people had to flee Pakistan for one reason or another and some miss it a lot. They make good Americans but it seems a shame they can't safely go home or make a decent living there. By making the effort to change their home country I feel I'm paying them back a little for what they gave me.

Moderate Pakistani's tend to escape from the country at first chance. A lot of minorities have already become largest Pakistani diaspora overseas. There is a local saying "Pakistan sa zinda bhag" meaning escape from Pakistan alive.

As for JA, he's trying to divert the thread by insults. If he gets banned he may feel he's off the hook. I hope the mods merely delete his violations and leave him be. Then he has no excuses.

Just report his post.

Free world? The last time i checked you were a slave.

@Solomon2
That is honorable of you, Solomon2. I cannot share your sentiment because i see the world differently than you but i respect your way.

Terrorists cannot be comprehend honor and honor shouldn't be wasted on terrorists.

There are good people who are Pakistanis, i've met them. But there are Osama wannabes from there as well.

Pakistan is going towards Facism due to lack of national identity and cohesion. Moderate, ethical and reform minded people tend to escape from the country leaving it behind with an ever growing pool of extremist factions. While the extremist are majority, they can have a negative impact on the entire country.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a local saying "Pakistan sa zinda bhag" meaning escape from Pakistan alive.
I think I've heard it but I didn't know what it meant. How horrid.

Pakistan is going towards Facism due to lack of national identity and cohesion.
That might be what some of the military and religious extremists want; however, Pakistan is not Germany or Iran and imo such efforts will encourage disintegration long before a fascist regime can dominate. Given the 1971 experience conventional weapons won't suffice, yes? The would-be dictator will have to be willing to employ Pakistan's nukes to cow the population.

Moderate, ethical and reform minded people tend to escape from the country leaving it behind with an ever growing pool of extremist factions. While the extremist are majority, they can have a negative impact on the entire country.
Which is why expats should build their own political base OUTSIDE the country to offer a vision of reform to the "moderate and ethical" people who are still in Pakistan, but too poor to escape.

Back
Top Bottom