What's new

Pictures of Iranian people - a country with many ethnic groups

Surenas

Reaction score
Iran is a diverse country, consisting of people of many religious and ethnic backgrounds, which is cemented by the Persian language and culture. The majority of the population speaks the Persian language, which is also the official language of the country, as well as other Iranian languages or dialects. Turkic languages and dialects, most importantly Azerbaijani language, are spoken in different areas in Iran. Additionally, Arabic is spoken in the southwestern parts of the country, although Arabs constitute a minority in these regions. The exact ethnic breakdown of Iran is unknown as there are no official numbers, however some organizations have made estimates. The World Factbook released the estimate: Persians (61%), Azerbaijanis (16%), Kurds (10%), Lurs (6%), Arabs (2%), Balochs (2%), Turkmens and Turkic tribes (2%), Laks, Qashqai, Pashtuns, Armenians, Georgians, Persian Jews, Assyrians, Circassians, Tats, Mandaeans, Gypsies, Brahuis, Kazakhs and others (1%). However according to them Persian is spoken as first language by 53%, while Azerbaijani and other Turkic dialects is spoken by 18%, Kurdish by 10%, Gilaki and Mazandarani by 7%, Luri by 6%, Balochi by 2%, Arabic by 2% and that some 2% have other languages as first language.

The Library of Congress estimates are as following: Persians (65%), Azerbaijanis (16%), Kurds (7%), Lurs (6%), Arabs (2%), Baluchi (2%), Turkmens (1%), Turkic tribal groups such as the Qashqai (1%), and non-Persian, non-Turkic groups such as Armenians, Assyrians, Pashtuns and Georgians (less than 1%). According to it Persian is spoken as a mother tongue by at least 65% of the population and as a second language by a large proportion of the remaining 35%.

Iran_ethnoreligious_distribution_2004.jpg

pd1421746.jpg

240905077_a1a0a89e91_z.jpg

530192424_92dc9a9215_z.jpg

249901762_83c53671a1.jpg

portrait.jpg

Iran-actress-Guardian-Bonnie-Elliott-Miranda-Brown-Publicity-EPA.jpg

milani_news.jpg

The World Factbook released the estimate: Persians (61%), Azerbaijanis (16%), Kurds (10%), Lurs (6%), Arabs (2%), Balochs (2%), Turkmens and Turkic tribes (2%), Laks, Qashqai, Pashtuns, Armenians, Georgians, Persian Jews, Assyrians, Circassians, Tats, Mandaeans, Gypsies, Brahuis, Kazakhs and others (1%). However according to them Persian is spoken as first language by 53%, while Azerbaijani and other Turkic dialects is spoken by 18%, Kurdish by 10%, Gilaki and Mazandarani by 7%, Luri by 6%, Balochi by 2%, Arabic by 2% and that some 2% have other languages as first language.

The Library of Congress estimates are as following: Persians (65%), Azerbaijanis (16%), Kurds (7%), Lurs (6%), Arabs (2%), Baluchi (2%), Turkmens (1%), Turkic tribal groups such as the Qashqai (1%), and non-Persian, non-Turkic groups such as Armenians, Assyrians, Pashtuns and Georgians (less than 1%). According to it Persian is spoken as a mother tongue by at least 65% of the population and as a second language by a large proportion of the remaining 35%.

There is a huge uncertainty about the figures of minorities, even in the US official figures and even in the documents of Congress:

"Roughly one out of every four Iranians is Azeri, making it Iran’s largest ethnic
minority at over 18 million" www.fas.org/sgp/crs/mideast/RL34021.pdf

"Azeri Turks, concentrated mainly in the oil-poor northwest of Iran (along the border with Turkey, Armenia, and Azerbaijan), make up an estimated one-fourth of Iran’s population of 70 million." Iranian Azeris: - A Giant Minority - The Washington Institute for Near East Policy

"Azeris – a group that comprises a quarter of Iran's 68 million people" Iran: regionalism, ethnicity and democracy | openDemocracy

I remember there used to be a thread on iranian women. I must say Iran has some of the most beautiful ladies in the world. Pure, simple, no make up, decent and pretty. Can someone link that thread if its still on this forum?

I remember there used to be a thread on iranian women. I must say Iran has some of the most beautiful ladies in the world. Pure, simple, no make up, decent and pretty. Can someone link that thread if its still on this forum?

Don't you know this forum has a search function?

It's closed :D

I almost feel bad looking at this map of iran. Poor iran is completely surrounded by America and its traitor rat allies (afghanistan, iraq, and Pakistan). Pakistan really needs to elect a person who is an actual and true representer of 180 million pakistani people.

I don't think so. I think Pakistanis are more beautiful people than any other country in Middle East or South Asia, also Pakistan is very diversed country, you will find different people everywhere.

I will stop here cuz i don't wanna ruin this thread.

BTW nice pictures & nice people.

Humans of New York blog has visited Iran and has taken pictures of all kinds of Iranians. See the different faces and fashions:

tumblr_mesgmfxMDl1qggwnvo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mfimndkAoC1qggwnvo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mfim03LKgy1qggwnvo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mfibeiZOVS1qggwnvo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mfhssjp75q1qggwnvo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mfefh8LDgZ1qggwnvo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mfcqfrX2UD1qggwnvo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mfchhsah5C1qggwnvo1_1280.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom