What's new

Pistol review CF-98

EasyRider

New Recruit

Reaction score
Hey guys,
today i went market to buy CF-98, i visited 4 dealers, all were having this pistol, 3 of them were selling on Rs.29000, 1 was selling for Rs.36000, he said who are selling in 29k are not originally Chinese made brands and they have an eagle on the pistol, but the one i have is original and see there is no eagle on the pistol.
So i didnt buy any of them bcz i thought to ask you guys before i purchase.
You people seem expert and i read some of you are having this pistol, Please do let me know is there really a diff? and the one you got, does it have eagle/Or there is no diff, is he trying to scam?
secondly, there's is another pistol taurus, i dont know if it is PT111 or 24/7, it was around Rs.58000, and was very smaller than CF-98, looked like http://world.guns.ru/handguns/taurus_pt111.jpg
SO Which one is better CF-98 or the taurus?
If i talk about my budget i would rather go for CF-98, but if taurus is much better than that, i can wait some more time to increase my budget, Because i am not a gun collector i will buy a gun once for self defense so suggest me the best one.
I would appreciate if you answer both questions.

Last edited:
Dear Easyrider,
CF-98 is a good weapon but a better variant would be the NP-42, which in terms of looks and functionality is almost the same except for the better barrel life of NP-42. I will not recommend a Taurus 24/7 pro because of its internal hammer and delay action, though it looks really nice.
If you can raise your budget just a little go for the Taurus PT-92 (57,000 in khi) capacity 17+1, has a loud bang and by the looks of it conveys the message that you mean business, it is made on the same designs of the legendary Beretta 92 FS

Taurus PT-92

go 4 cf 98 widout hesitation....its around 30 to 32 now.....get it sealed /packed.....there shud b "ENTERCON" written on the barrel.....its the real deal..official sidearm of the chinese police and army offrs:china:

i hav bout a cf 98 in 25k and can arrange for any1 in the same price .. also if ur not a pro no one can differentiate betwen copy and original even thers a chinese copy of the original chinese cf98 but i gue its blackstar cf98 thats the original ... the dealer i bout has given me life time guarantee that ther be no missing jamming or systematic failure .. or he will replace .. so i gues its a good handgun fels good in hand ... blend of metal n polymer ... a good allround choice ...

hey dude, why you want to buy guns?? Its dangerous to keep fire arm.. This is very dangerous gun, You must not buy it...

There is a modified .30 bore with 14 bullet's cartidge made in Darra, it can fire brust as well as single fire as well. One of my friend bought it around 15k.

hey dude, why you want to buy guns?? Its dangerous to keep fire arm.. This is very dangerous gun, You must not buy it...

Because he CAN? IMO, every human should be free to own a firearm.

Is the pistol going to leap into the air and begin firing on family? Does it have evil motivations?

A gun is a tool, and has no morality.

Because he CAN? IMO, every human should be free to own a firearm.

Is the pistol going to leap into the air and begin firing on family? Does it have evil motivations?

A gun is a tool, and has no morality.

In ny country an old lama hand gun of 80's will cost you around about 5k-6k and you are only allowed to keep a pistol if you have a life threat or you cant own one

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

Ps 5k 6k dollars

One more thing can you put a sillencer on a gun in pakistan and can you keep guns like m24

Hi blackops. I realize every country has differing laws and sometimes the laws can artificially inflate prices, so a pistol that should cost $150 now costs $5,000.

I'm a believer in the freedom to defend one's self (and family) from human predators, and from government predators if needed. Everyone knows about the U.S. "wild west" with gunslingers, cowboys, everyone with a gun at their hip. What few realize is that crime rates were lower then than they are now. Women were treated with huge respect; sex crimes were almost non-existent.

IMO, Culture, not firearms, drives crime.

Desert Eagle FTW! I know I'd buy, even through the black market :P

Hey guys,
today i went market to buy CF-98, i visited 4 dealers, all were having this pistol, 3 of them were selling on Rs.29000, 1 was selling for Rs.36000, he said who are selling in 29k are not originally Chinese made brands and they have an eagle on the pistol, but the one i have is original and see there is no eagle on the pistol.
So i didnt buy any of them bcz i thought to ask you guys before i purchase.
You people seem expert and i read some of you are having this pistol, Please do let me know is there really a diff? and the one you got, does it have eagle/Or there is no diff, is he trying to scam?
secondly, there's is another pistol taurus, i dont know if it is PT111 or 24/7, it was around Rs.58000, and was very smaller than CF-98, looked like Современное стрелковое оружие мира - Пистолеты и револьверы
SO Which one is better CF-98 or the taurus?
If i talk about my budget i would rather go for CF-98, but if taurus is much better than that, i can wait some more time to increase my budget, Because i am not a gun collector i will buy a gun once for self defense so suggest me the best one.
I would appreciate if you answer both questions.

For all you firearm questions and advice visit PakGuns.com - The Front Page. Its a very professional and well maintained forum, and the best part is that almost all the members are very friendly and helpful.

Forum Starter and mods Abbas and senior members Kamran Khan (KK), Tuarus, and many others will give you good advise.

Regarding CF98, Its a good sturdy handgun for its price but I personally never liked it's trigger, which is gritty, long and heavy. I'll suggest that you also check Turkish handguns which are very good and reasonably priced, I owned B6 (a CZ clone) besides many others and found it to be very good. You can also check CZ999 (its not Check CZ, rather Serbian). Its a millitary pistol with 15 round cap and very robust.

Taurs handguns are are good-looking and shiny, but they are prone to problems more than other guns in that price range.

Before buying a handgun, you first have to know the exact purpose wether you want oit for HD or daily carry SD. And one final advise, listen to everyone, but buy the gun which fits your hand well and that you are comfortable handling and shooting.

If you have liscence / permit you can keep any weapon, AK47, AK74, M15, M14, Druganove, G3, MP5, .....name any...............I love the freedom and liberty and large choice of weapons in Pakistan.

One more thing can you put a sillencer on a gun in pakistan and can you keep guns like m24

Back
Top Bottom