PLAAF has not Endorsed JF17 Thunder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Storm Force

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
For many years people have asked the question as to will PLAAF induct the JF17 Thunder.

I have found this statement on another forum re PLAAF stance on the Thunder

An unknown but interesting facet of JF-17 is that it is a privately funded project of China's CAC company. The PLAAF neither endorses it, nor is obliged to evaluate it. (I was surprised when I got to know this inspite of following JF-17 since past 4 years). It is similar to the private F-20 project of Northrop, that the USAF rejected.

It appears the whole project was for the PAF only. Funded by Pakistan entirely...

I would guess the PLAAF will stick to inducting J10 as their main single seater fighters and the J11 su30/27 as their twin seaters

Very surprised they are not even remotely interested in testing the plane built by their own Aviation company.

From your dozen of previous posts, it looks lyk as u have started a war against JF-17?

jf-17 phobia:lol: he think he post such news and got madel of ignorent. dude jf-17 is best for us even no one buy it or even no one test it.

Fc1#06
5ba09bab373a3dc9fa515865239aa22a.jpg

310cff360bd8ae784715f9a0ac4aad1a.jpg

Storm force
FC1 is being evaluated by PLAAC. Whether they select it otr not depends on their requirements. On a personal note, they will not be able to replace all their aging G2 fighters with J10 and J11.They have to induct FC1.
Araz

Until JF-17 satisfying the requirments of PAF where is the problem? China must be planning according to their requirements and also JF-17 suits well to PAF economically and politically. The good thing about JF-17 is that it is totally chinese so no end user restrictions. Can't PAF guys put some sort of F-16 block 52 avionics to JF-17 ?? If you could, it would be awsome.

Last edited:
Contrary to what people think I REALLY LIKE THE plane.

Its absolute bargin at $15m each
It has BVR ability
And can be upgraded because of open architecture.

But for PLAAF just not relevant and this is why

I do believe the PLAAF which is building to match a Super Power air force will not be buying this

The reason being PLAAF will induct 4 types of fighter

TWIN SEATER = J11 flankers which they have too due to their vast landscape
SINGLE SEATER = J10 multi role true generration fighter in class of F16C/Dand cheap at $30m each

Strike platforms = both land and sea JH7 again heavey loads long range but geared toward attack missions

plaaf 5th gen fighter = According to many on this forum PLAAF is close to test flying a chinease version of the PAK FA..If its true this where PLAAF will concentrate for next 10 years.

Remember who PLAAF is trained to fight USN F18 S/H and F15/F16 of taiwan/korea and IAF SU30MKI & MMRCA

The Thunders role will be taken up by 400 J10s which fits the hi low mix with the J11.

J11/FLANKERS SU27/30 X 400
J10 X 400
JH7 X 200
J8 X 200
Chinease 5 gen x 200

Thats 5 combats types and 1400 planes.

Global defense report on Fututre of FC1 IN PLAAF

http://www.****************/the-fc-1jf-17-thunder-future-prospects-part-5-2787/

This is the point i,m trying to make i think the PLAAF see the JF17/FC1 PURELY AS A LOW COST MEDUIM TECH EXPORT PLANE not primary single seater for PLAAF where the J10 is a much better prospect.

Believe me when i say PLAAF can afford 400 or even 500 J10 over next 15 years

Current defense budget estimated china $ 100 billion

Compare India $30 billion or Pakistan $6 billion.

no problem for plaaf to have the best

whether PLAAF buys it or not is not out problem. PAF is happy with it. the most important feature is open structure suitable for vast varity of upgrades.

yes we will be intrested in selling this to other friendly nations as it will generate a handsome amount of Foreign exchange and also will bring ood name to PAF arms industry.

it is all about making your mark in export market, once this is acheived Al-Khalid tank, APCs, JF17 etc will be good revenue generators.

regards!

J11+SU30: around 280

J11B: uncertain

J10:300

J10B:at least 300

JH7: at least 200

J8:400

J15+J11BS:at least 100 (3AC before 2020)

jf-17:uncertain

J-XX: uncertain

1400 planes doesn't meet our need

:woot::woot::woot::woot:
man u have the biggest airforce in the world
i think its enough for covering ur entire territory

I would guess the PLAAF will stick to inducting J10 as their main single seater fighters and the J11 su30/27 as their twin seaters

J-11A/Su-27/30 induction has finished - My take on this is that they were a stop gap measure until more advanced platforms were matured like J-10/J-10B and J-11B.

J11+SU30: around 280

J11B: uncertain

J10:300

J10B:at least 300

JH7: at least 200

J8:400

J15+J11BS:at least 100 (3AC before 2020)

jf-17:uncertain

J-XX: uncertain

1400 planes doesn't meet our need

400 J-8? Aren't they a bit obsolete? Isn't that what J-10 is supposed to replace?

Why not have JF-17 to replace the 500 J-7s

It has BVR ability

I do believe the PLAAF which is building to match a Super Power air force will not be buying this

SINGLE SEATER = J10 multi role true generration fighter in class of F16C/Dand cheap at $30m each

Strike platforms = both land and sea JH7 again heavey loads long range but geared toward attack missions

plaaf 5th gen fighter = According to many on this forum PLAAF is close to test flying a chinease version of the PAK FA..If its true this where PLAAF will concentrate for next 10 years.

Remember who PLAAF is trained to fight USN F18 S/H and F15/F16 of taiwan/korea and IAF SU30MKI & MMRCA

The Thunders role will be taken up by 400 J10s which fits the hi low mix with the J11.

J10 X 400
JH7 X 200
J8 X 200
Chinease 5 gen x 200

well i would like to make a few corrections
China has uptill date only 2 platoons of J-11Bs and one of the articles did point out to slow production at SAC (i dont know whether it was unbaised or not) but looking at the current status of J-11B induction seems somewhat convincing but that does not mean that PLAAF will induct JF-17, I see More J-10 or perhaps New J-11BS going forward. J-8 is a mig-21 with 2 engines and is not much manuverable so J-8 would eventually be replaced (JF-Fits here IMHO) other things seem fine

It has BVR ability

J10 X 400
JH7 X 200
J8 X 200
Chinease 5 gen x 200

The 100 odd Su-30MKK/MKK2 are geared towards the strike role as well so more air-to-air and point defence fighters are necessary.

JF17 will offer nothing that PLAAF does not have already and in far better technology with the J10 A & J10B

Why would PLAAF introduce a inferior single seater FC1 when the J10 is a single seater with far more advanced FBW built in composites canards range and payload.

Another point how can you replace 2 engined J8 with a single seat Thunder.

Thunder carries half the load over half the distance of the J8.

WON,T HAPPEN. ME THINKS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom