What's new

President Arif Alvi seeks two-step raise in his salary

Saala Idhar saal pura gaand marwaye office me, to 20 percent raise ke liye ghis ghis ke ro ro ke nahi dete. Ye banda khali sign karne ke liye hand waving ke liye itna rise maang raha hai?

Post ho to aisa BC. Not because he is Pakistani, am saying this to anyone who sits in these kind of posts. :disagree:

I hope Imran Khan is contemplating in jail how his so-called friends betrayed him. Once he does get out, he needs to cut all these people off, including the founding members, and surround himself with the young generation.
I wish it were that simple. Politics requires keeping people with local support in your ranks. But I agree that IK has so much support amongst the youth that he can have his pick. If there is an actual plan and real hope of reforms happening, even members of the diaspora would drop their jobs to come back and serve.

IK would have no excuse the second go around, not in governance, not in foreign relations, not in economics, not in counter-terrorism and Afghan policy. So he has to come prepared with a real team. Now is the best time to assemble it, because elections will come sooner or later, and having a championship level team in place will make it more likely it can negotiate the ground rules, domestically and internationally, even before the election, and line up support for the nation as well as funding from the diaspora.

If he gets the job, he needs to have a real solid team, young or old, just a real SOLID team, with layers of great professional people, top of their game and willing to suppress their egos, in service of the nation.

So IK needs to pick multiple people for each role and have them in training, in waiting, so that if one person has to resign, someone can pick up from where the last left off. A veritable phalanx of experts at different levels and across all fields.

Also, IK needs people to study the successful things different peoples in other governments did. For example, the caretaker minister, Umar Saif is really good at what he does. IK doesn’t need him specifically, but someone that can pick up from where he is leaving off.

Last edited:
Saala Idhar saal pura gaand marwaye office me, to 20 percent raise ke liye ghis ghis ke ro ro ke nahi dete. Ye banda khali sign karne ke liye hand waving ke liye itna rise maang raha hai?

Post ho to aisa BC. Not because he is Pakistani, am saying this to anyone who sits in these kind of posts. :disagree:

In PKR terms Indian President earns more than his counterpart :-)

We should be surprised if it wasn't the case, given the condition of PKR in exchange rate terms.

1,229,190 per month is about $4,000 per month. Average worker's salary here in U.S. So, in absolute sense, it is not exactly breaking the bank.

1,229,190 per month is about $4,000 per month. Average worker's salary here in U.S. So, in absolute sense, it is not exactly breaking the bank.

Well he isn't in US, and I doubt if many would earn that much in his country.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom