ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
PTI ‘backtracking’ on alliance with Sheikh Rashid’s party
By Zahid Gishkori
Published: September 2, 2012
ISLAMABAD:
Imran Khan’s Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf has apparently scrapped its plan to forge an electoral alliance with Awami Muslim League of Sheikh Rashid Ahmed following stiff opposition from within.
PTI leaders – including Vice Chairman Shah Mehmood Qureshi and Vice President Makhdoom Javed Hashmi – had opposed Imran’s plans to join hands with the AML at a meeting of PTI’s Political and Strategic Committee last month.
“There was vehement opposition to the PTI’s intention of building an electoral alliance with the AML,” a senior PTI leader told The Express Tribune.
He added that the idea of joining hands with the AML was floated by some “pro-establishment” leaders in the party.
Imran Khan met with Sheikh Rashid Ahmed on August 8 at the former’s residence in Islamabad, where the two leaders reportedly agreed in principle to forge an electoral alliance. Later on the eve of Independence Day, their two parties organised a public rally lending credence to reports of an alliance between them.
Sources told The Express Tribune that some party leaders had advised Imran to not attend the AML rally. “It was Jahangir Tareen who convinced Imran Khan to attend Sheikh Rashid’s political rally,” said a PTI leader close to Imran. However, Tareen denies having done so.
The PTI is now struggling to avoid embarrassment on backtracking from its reported electoral alliance with the AML. Party representatives are using social media to claim that the PTI never sought political cooperation with the AML.
A senior PTI leader said that the possibility of an alliance with Sheikh Rashid is now a closed chapter. “How can the PTI join hands with a person who is following the establishment’s line?”
Currently, the party is negotiating with Jamaat-e-Islami for an electoral alliance or seats adjustment, according to another senior leader. “Yes, we are studying the possibility of forming political alliances, if possible, in a bid to get the maximum possible seats in the next general elections,” said the leader.
Sheikh Rashid is hardly privy to the shifting landscape which might require him to seek greener pastures elsewhere. “We (PTI and AML) will contest the next general elections together,” he said.
Published in The Express Tribune, September 2nd, 2012.

Interesting....

I hope by 'looking for other alliances', will not mean MQM. That should never ever happen.

Almost all of the Parties in Pakistan are corrupt. In my view, Imran should become a dictator. This is the only way to move ahead quickly in Pakistan's best interest.

Interesting....

I hope by 'looking for other alliances', will not mean MQM. That should never ever happen.

Almost all of the Parties in Pakistan are corrupt. In my view, Imran should become a dictator. This is the only way to move ahead quickly in Pakistan's best interest.

Hail Dictator

When did the alliance took place? it was said from day one that its an understanding on one seat with him...

though I must say that the perception of alliance created by joining AML jalsa was never properly countered by PTI, uptil they realized, surely for a moment Imran did confuse general populace.

Its not a U turn. There is talk of alliance and then it does not happen. I dont think it was good decision. Good they have backed out before any damage was done.

Alliance with any of the sitting government parties must NEVER ever happen. These are status quo parties and dont do anything for Pakistan's interest other than their family's.

The agreement was not to put a PTI candidate against shikh rasheed in his constituency..
Even sheikh rasheed saud that the alliance is in talks but not finalized .

Devil Souls: Sheikh Rashid insists that he impressed by IK and this association is not "Magni" but "Nikah" actually!!

I personally thinks Shida Tally is actually turning out a "Kambal" for PTI:bunny:

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no backtracking as there was no alliance.

Having said that, ET should come with a single source mentioning IK said anything about the alliance. The author didn't waste any brain energy and resort in saying 'backed on alliance'? This shows the lack of professionals ExpressTribune have to write their news for them...

ExpressTribune is quite famous for being Pro-PMLN, and since they're, they must always infest confusion in people's mind by posting such news pieces...

What can PTI expect from a PMLN-Moutpiece news outlet.

Here's a proof to what I'm trying to say.

A1J2nN6CEAE7GbH.png:large

Media is turning out to be the most ever shameless bad egg of Pakistani society.

Interesting....

Read these articles to know how IK is behind the camera and to know more about his personality traits and (where according to the author) one of them is being a Dictator... There's no comparison of IK with Zaradari and Nawaz, but I'm posting their 'behind the camera' articles too. You can skip the two and read one at the end i.e. IMRAN KHAN.

ASIF ZARDARI

04-580x1548.jpg

NAWAZ SHAREEF

zaheer-26-8-12-580x1321.jpg

IMRAN KHAN

01-Sep-004-580x1577.jpg

Read these articles to know how IK is behind the camera and to know more about his personality traits and where according to the author one of them is being a Dictator... There's no comparison of IK with Zaradari and Nawaz, but I'm posting their 'behind the camera' articles too. You can skip the two and read one at the end i.e. IMRAN KHAN.

ASIF ZARDARI

04-580x1548.jpg

NAWAZ SHAREEF

zaheer-26-8-12-580x1321.jpg

IMRAN KHAN

01-Sep-004-580x1577.jpg

Can't see the link you are trying add here....

Anyhow, i know Imran's personality. Truth is, he is 'soft' I actually want him (Imran) to become a dictator and its my personal opinion. Why waste time looking for corrupt goofs? Sorry, but politics gets dirty down the 'evolutionary' way in pakistan hence democracy can not work. Everytime a civillian government screws up, the army has to take over to clean their sh!t. With a danda in Imran's hands, he can control his opponents quite easily and concentrate what he wants to achieve of his own.

"Imran, The count of backtracking" now playing on the political theater near you
I thought he was the leader then why blame Hashmi said this and Tareen said that

Back
Top Bottom