What's new

PTI deserters meet Qureshi in Adiala Jail

Fawad meets Qureshi as ‘minus Imran’ work begins

Mohammad Asghar | Ikram Junaidi
June 1, 2023

• Says Pakistanis cannot be left at the mercy of Nawaz, Zardari and Fazl
• Qureshi’s son reaffirms loyalty to Imran; Qaiser, Habib rubbish Fawad’s claims
• PTI assails govt attempt to ‘negotiate with defectors’

RAWALPINDI / ISLAMABAD: In a move that left many scratching their heads, a group of PTI defectors led by Fawad Chaudhry met Shah Mehmood Qureshi in Adiala Jail on Wednesday, apparently to convince the party’s vice chairman to desert Imran Khan.

However, the meeting of the group also comprising former Sindh governor Imran Ismail, Aamer Kiani and Mehmoud Moulvi, which was “arranged” in a separate room of the jail, apparently failed to achieve its objective.

In a post on Twitter, the PTI leader’s son Zain Qureshi said, “Makhdoom sahib is the vice chairman of the party and is the name of an ideology. We stand with the ideology of Tehreek-i-Insaf and Imran Khan. He [Shah Mehmood] has only done politics of principles and service, not position and greed”.

“He was with Imran Khan yesterday and today,” Dawn.com reported Mr Qureshi as saying.

About a week ago, Imran Khan announced that Mr Qureshi would lead the party in case he is arrested or disqualified.

After their meeting, Fawad Chaudhry and others spoke to journalists eagerly waiting outside the prison.

The former PTI leaders criticised the Pakistan Democratic Movement (PDM) government for the prevailing political instability and financial crunch hitting the country.

Mr Chaudhry said that the 250 million people of Pakistan cannot be left at the mercy of Asif Zardari, Nawaz Sharif and Maulana Fazlur Rehman.

He said they had a detailed meeting with Mr Qureshi. “We have to move towards a stable solution,” he added, without elaborating.

I don’t think Fawad is that stupid to be honest.

Forced to quit PTI last week as the Establishment was threatening to send him to jail and the week after they are setting up a minus Imran Khan party?

My gut feeling is that PTI leadership is buying some time and in the end they’ll give an excuse saying minus IK is not a feasible option.

If they really go ahead with this then they’d face the same wrath as Raja Riaz.

What one can deduce from this is that the establishment is facing the heat and they are feeling the pressure. Hence, they are resorting to moves like these.

I don’t think Fawad is that stupid to be honest.

Forced to quit PTI last week as the Establishment was threatening to send him to jail and the week after they are setting up a minus Imran Khan party?

My gut feeling is that PTI leadership is buying some time and in the end they’ll give an excuse saying minus IK is not a feasible option.

If they really go ahead with this then they’d face the same wrath as Raja Riaz.

What one can deduce from this is that the establishment is facing the heat and they are feeling the pressure. Hence, they are resorting to moves like these.
He is a rat in my opinion. I don't think he truly bought the PTI /Khan vision and has constantly shown his true colours in the past which was overlooked by many. His biggest sign of hypocrisy was not condemning Musharaff regime. I think he was part of it? not sure but he has repeatedly issued statements where he didn't condemn Mushi.

It's good that PTI is being cleansed and now truly Khan doesn't need electable to win. Elections will happen and haramkhor generals will be forced to hold them free and fair because investors will not respond and economy will not improve if elections are not fare.

He is a rat in my opinion. I don't think he truly bought the PTI /Khan vision and has constantly shown his true colours in the past which was overlooked by many. His biggest sign of hypocrisy was not condemning Musharaff regime. I think he was part of it? not sure but he has repeatedly issued statements where he didn't condemn Mushi.

It's good that PTI is being cleansed and now truly Khan doesn't need electable to win. Elections will happen and haramkhor generals will be forced to hold them free and fair because investors will not respond and economy will not improve if elections are not fare.
I don’t see elections coming in October unless PTI is outright banned and IK is wiped out.

The good old Generals rather burn down Pakistan than see their influence wane.

many people thinks fawad and khussro themselves gave arrest.
fawad had links with na maloom

now, pervez elahi arrested, i think he is like fawad clone.

I wouldn’t blame Fawad, Asad, others who were coerced into leaving the party. The Generals obviously blackmailed them into leaving the party.

If they are to join a forward bloc then they’d be called lotas.

Better to wait and watch before jumping the gun.

Same situation in Pakistan, run by thieves and back by Chowkidars.

8a2876ce5623bd6b476c1fd855db7684.jpg

Back
Top Bottom