What's new

PUNJAB POLICE looking for 7.62x51mm Sniper Rifles

XYON

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
PUNJAB POLICE had launched a tender that opens on 28 January 2014 for 100 units of 7.62x51mm Sniper Rifles along with range finder, spotting scope etc. These rifles will be used for the Special Anti Terrorist Force being created in Punjab. The same Police is also seeking 7.62x39mm Assault Rifles (with retractable Butt) and 9mm Pistols.

since this is LEA and we will be shooting in close proximities i think it would be better to go for Semi auto rifles rather than bolt actions - however 50 BA - should be enough for precision shootings - just my thought

PUNJAB POLICE had launched a tender that opens on 28 January 2014 for 100 units of 7.62x51mm Sniper Rifles along with range finder, spotting scope etc. These rifles will be used for the Special Anti Terrorist Force being created in Punjab. The same Police is also seeking 7.62x39mm Assault Rifles (with retractable Butt) and 9mm Pistols.

A retractable Butt Sahib ? :unsure:

They have specified a Bolt Action Rifle only. No Semi-Autos!
yes dear i know - my post was just merely a suggestion - to use Semi auto for close quarters - something along AR platform can be effective

Why is a Police (Urban warfare) looking for bolt action?

Balixd said right IMO, a semi-auto would be more suited to the task.

PSR-90?

Any possible contendors?
PSR-90 - made locally has some issues, that is why even Military doesn't use it, also Cost of a single unit is more when you compare the cost - benefit ratio with others --

the best would be to look at AR platform chambered for 7.62 Nato - or perhaps we can hand pick some newly built G-3 if cost is a factor

May be weired question,

Can the old .303 be converted as a sniper weapon with adding necessary stuff on it.

Isn't that a PSR-90 inspired weapon?

No Zastava M07 is a bolt action rifle.

Zastava M07:
m07_0.png

Zastava M07 AS
m07_as.png

fix_butt.jpg

pikatini.jpg

Zastava M07 AF:
m07_af_1_0.png

m07af_prek.jpg

m07af_full.jpg