What's new

Qatar, Kuwait & UAE to follow India's lead over purchase of Rafale

FOX80

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Qatar, Kuwait & UAE are interested in buying French Rafale fighter jets but are waiting to see whether India will make a purchase first, France's defence minister said yesterday.
1_d65b281113162032.jpg

Qatar, Kuwait & UAE are interested in buying French Rafale fighter jets but are waiting to see whether India will make a purchase first, France's defence minister said yesterday.

"They are in effect interested but they won't know for sure until the first one jumps in," said the minister, Gerard Longuet.

He said he hoped that the UAE, which is talks with France to buy 60 Rafales, would make a decision "within a time frame that will allow its two neighbours, which hope to be interoperable with the Emirates, to make decisions".

Industry experts have estimated that Kuwait needs 18 to 22 fighter jets and that Qatar needs 24.

After opening talks on the purchase in 2008, the UAE said in November that the offer for Rafales from France's Dassault Aviation was uncompetitive and opened up the tender to competition.

France has raised concerns over the future of the Rafale programme, which has struggled to find foreign buyers to support a project that has so far cost more than US$51 billion (Dh187bn). India is the best bet for France to keep the Rafale programme advancing.

Mr Longuet warned in December that production on the multi-role fighter could halt if it remains unable to sell any fighter jets abroad.

this is a position of milking for indian govt

just force france to concede more,,,,but if qatar and uae sign deal earlier than india then we are in serious trouble,,,the french might not oblige

so have u selected something for black friday??
any deals in uk on good earphones??
We don't celebrate Thanksgiving bro! We have "Boxing day" sales on Dec 26th. And I wouldn't know, I was hunting for some decent headphones recently but quickly got depressed when what I desired far exceeded my budget!

We don't celebrate Thanksgiving bro! We have "Boxing day" sales on Dec 26th. And I wouldn't know, I was hunting for some decent headphones recently but quickly got depressed when what I desired far exceeded my budget!
in canada and usa westone 3 was going for 200$ a full 50 percent off,,,was gonna order,then saw import duty of 30%

lol

No link!.. against the so called forum rules.
Hindis continue there free ride, with complicity of mods....

No link!.. against the so called forum rules.
Hindis continue there free ride, with complicity of mods....

Sheesh, it's not like the OP made up stuff himself so he can't give a link. Probably an inadvertant mistake. Relax, its not a secret conspiracy between PDF mods and "hindis" (whatever that may be) to poison pakistan's water supply by bending rules. Here you go, now take a chill pill:

Qatar and Kuwait wait to follow UAE's lead over purchase of Rafale fighter jets from France | The National
Defence News - Qatar, Kuwait & UAE to follow India's lead over purchase of Rafale

What's with words like 'hindis', by the way? An attempt to make a racial insult, along the lines of 'che*nis' or 'pak*s'? It doesn't work like that, words become offensive due to their usage for a long period of time in an insulting manner; which is why 'paaki' is offensive but 'aussie' is not. So attempting to sound rude by imitating existing swear words and modifying them to another group of people is rather pointless.

Bargaining power of french with India will decrease if these countries are dependent on India finalizing the deal first

All three are close to Pakistan, Pakistan has links with all 3 forces will we get a look at the plane

Why would these country follow Indian lead? They are loaded with money and have tons of experience with Western technology already. If they know they need something they will go and get it the way they always did. They don't have to wait for political stunts and bargain games of a country confused about defense deal since years. :omghaha:

Back
Top Bottom