What's new

Register your Vote !!

The National Database and Registration Authority (NADRA) on Thursday claimed that it has almost completed computerised voters’ lists in the country.
“Thousands of computer experts remained busy day and night in preparing the new computerised voters’ lists. Though the workers are on strike, the authority is committed to completing the task within a few days as directed by the Supreme Court,” said NADRA Deputy Chairman Tariq Malik.
He added that work on the computerisation of voters’ lists had been completed in Balochistan, Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa, Federally Administered Tribal Areas (Fata) and Sindh with the exception of Karachi and Punjab and a few major cities.
When the lists are completed, they will be handed over to the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) which would display them at its 50,000 display centers for 21 days. Eligible voters will be able to verify the status of their votes in these new computerised voter lists and register any complaints during the process, said Malik. After rectifying the errors, the Authority would resubmit the voters’ lists by May 25 to the ECP.
To facilitate the voters, NADRA in collaboration with the ECP, will launch a Short Messaging Service (SMS) from March 1 to help registered voters check the status of their votes and particulars, he said. Registered voters can send their Computerised National Identity Cards (CNIC) number via SMS to 8300 at anytime from anywhere in the country. After sending the SMS, the voter will subsequently receive a message in Urdu containing their name, village, city, tehsil or district, location (electoral area) and the serial number of vote registered in the preliminary electoral rolls.
The house number of voters will be kept confidential to ensure privacy and avoid misuse of the service. After the introduction of the new service, it will be the responsibility of every eligible voter to make sure that their vote has been registered and to report any discrepancy to the ECP.

Election preparations: Computerised voters

---------- Post added at 02:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:40 PM ----------

this service will be available from 1 march 2012.

SMS your CNIC number to 8300....

photo

---------- Post added at 05:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

If your vote is reg somewhere else other than your home address, its a bogus vote, rectify it.

Important Note:

if you still have not registered your vote or have not rectified it,
you still can get it done after 26 may 2012

Help Please

My vote has been registered in wrong location, I am a resident of Defence Karachi, but my vote has been registered in North Nazimabad when I checked it through ECP sms service, same is the case with my family members. I have called the ECP sindh office as well emailed them, but they did not respond.

Kindly help me to correct my vote location

Help Please

My vote has been registered in wrong location, I am a resident of Defence Karachi, but my vote has been registered in North Nazimabad when I checked it through ECP sms service, same is the case with my family members. I have called the ECP sindh office as well emailed them, but they did not respond.

Kindly help me to correct my vote location

as far as my information, ECP has closed registration or correction of voter lists, these voter lists are totally bogus and fake... the only chance to have fair election is if NADRA shares its data with ECP.

as far as my information, ECP has closed registration or correction of voter lists, these voter lists are totally bogus and fake... the only chance to have fair election is if NADRA shares its data with ECP.

No sir i think they have extended the deadline to 26 May. As you have mentioned in the post above me.

No sir i think they have extended the deadline to 26 May. As you have mentioned in the post above me.

when I visited the office some days back they told me to visit after 26 may. another guy that is working on this project between Nardra and ECP told me the date has passed, unless the registration or correction campaign starts again, you cannot get it done. the voter registration is in compilation mode right now.

you can visit and reconfirm.

ECP is messing with people CINC now, I am still not sure how but NADRA Claimed ECP sent wrong data of my wife's. & now NADRA is not reverting it back :-s

when I visited the office some days back they told me to visit after 26 may. another guy that is working on this project between Nardra and ECP told me the date has passed, unless the registration or correction campaign starts again, you cannot get it done. the voter registration is in compilation mode right now.

you can visit and reconfirm.

Where to visit?

Where to visit?

EC SINDH OFFICE
Address
Provincial Election Commissioner, Sindh
Pak. Sectt. Block No. 44-A, Shahrah-e-Iraq, Saddar
Karachi

PEC Telephone
(+92)(21) (99203385)

visit them with your forum filled with correct information.

EC SINDH OFFICE
Address
Provincial Election Commissioner, Sindh
Pak. Sectt. Block No. 44-A, Shahrah-e-Iraq, Saddar
Karachi

PEC Telephone
(+92)(21) (99203385)

visit them with your forum filled with correct information.

I went there yesterday, they say that we have nothing to do with vote changes, go to city court office of ECP and they MIGHT help you, so without wasting anymore time, i went straight there, i asked some guys sitting in a room, with a board of ecp outside, in the middle of the court compound, they said that we have already sent amended lists to nadra, so now yours it might get corrected from nadra's system, if not then you can come to us to check AFTER 26 MAY.
I want to ask are there any correcting in rounds like first round have ended and second one will start from 26 may??

I heard there is some bill called in India "The right to reject". If that is implemented in Pakistan, Every Pakistani will go to the polling station.

News update:

The final voter lists will be made public in a few days time, everyone will have a chance to rectify their registered vote, if there is some error.

News update: only 3 million people checked their voter status out of the total 80 million plus voters.

and some int organization said that the there are considerable discrepancies in voter lists- the induction of 20 million new voters is not true- and there is a great chance that these elections would be totally bogus. :undecided:

News update:

The final voter lists will be made public in a few days time, everyone will have a chance to rectify their registered vote, if there is some error.

Are you joking?

Only activists got registered and also vote on behalf of those who do not go for vote.

Democracy in Pakistan is inherently corrupt.

Election commission is targeting voters of APML and IK is next American horse.

Back
Top Bottom