What's new

Russia claims Western calls for ‘free, fair’ elections in Bangladesh ‘neo-colonialism’

Black_cats

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score

Russia claims Western calls for ‘free, fair’ elections in Bangladesh ‘neo-colonialism’​

Calls ‘another attempt at blatant interference in internal affairs of a sovereign state,’ says Foreign Ministry spokeswoman​

Burç Eruygur, Sm Najmus Sakib |06.07.2023 - Update : 06.07.2023

1688704543748.jpeg

ISTANBUL/DHAKA, Bangladesh

Russia claimed Thursday that Western calls for “free and fair” elections in Bangladesh are an act of “neo-colonialism.”

“We have taken note of certain European and American politicians publishing letters calling for ‘free and fair’ elections in Bangladesh. This is #neocolonialism,” Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova said, according to a tweet by the ministry.

Zakharova defined the calls as “another attempt at blatant interference in the internal affairs of a sovereign state.”

EU foreign policy chief Josep Borrell acknowledged Thursday concerns cited by EU lawmakers about the democratic situation in Bangladesh.

“The EU … will undertake an exploratory mission to the country to assess the advisability, usefulness and feasibility of an Electoral Observation Mission,” Borrell wrote in a letter.
Meanwhile, 17 Bangladesh-American have addressed US President Joe Biden in a letter that asked him to “change the current course of action to ensure a violence-free secular democratic future for Bangladesh,” according to the Dhaka Tribune.

Bangladesh will hold general elections next January.

As if USA has free and fair elections. The most ridiculous electoral system ever introduced to the world.

I just wonder, why would anyone give a shit about what Americans have to say?!!

As if USA has free and fair elections. The most ridiculous electoral system ever introduced to the world.

Money and military.

Even Americans agree with you on that.
Probably because they're the single most power nation both economically and militarily in the world, and can easily destroy entire nations' economies with a single legislation.

It’s a system designed to preserve white privilege.

From how senators are elected, Supreme Court to the electoral college - it’s all designed to preserve white privilege.

Don’t even mention their gerrymandered congressional boundaries.

It took until the 1970s for the blacks to even be equal on paper.

Modi is ofcourse looking to ape the US system so Muslims are treated the same way was blacks in US.

Back
Top Bottom