What's new

Russia has been sending some US-provided weapons captured in Ukraine to Iran, sources say

Almas would fit that role as a direct top attack system.

The other ATGMs like Toophan (BGM TOW) have improved rounds that can also top attack with an EFP warhead. I would say most of this area in the world of ATGMs is covered well by Iran, but more things can be learned especially from US made systems since they generally have the highest quality parts installed.
Almass is not as portable as javelin , it can replace Toofan but for javelin it must be made into man portable model, for that it need a lihgter launcher made of new material and a shorter and lighter missile

Almass is not as portable as javelin , it can replace Toofan but for javelin it must be made into man portable model, for that it need a lihgter launcher made of new material and a shorter and lighter missile
Almas is still considered man-portable.

If they want they can miniaturize it to reduce weight, but the weapon class is sufficient.

Almas is still considered man-portable.

If they want they can miniaturize it to reduce weight, but the weapon class is sufficient.
tow also considered man-portable but it really is not
compared with published data for spike the missile is 10kg and the launcher north of 50kg
perhaps a platoon-portable but not a practical man-portable weapon .

as i said its a replacement for tow
compare that to 23kg of Javelin or 12.5kg for NLAW

compared with published data for spike the missile is 10kg and the launcher north of 50kg
I must've mixed up my data.

I thought the launcher was 25kg. Fair enough, it is difficult to transport this item without atleast 3 personnel (still difficult). Especially in mountainous areas without some off road vehicle.

ORV-ATV-MY23-5-Can-Am-Outlander-PRO-XU-HD7-Tundra-Green-0001MPB00-34FR-NA.png

Absolutely required for transport and off road use. Modified ATV's. We've seen in in Syria.

I must've mixed up my data.

I thought the launcher was 25kg. Fair enough, it is difficult to transport this item without atleast 3 personnel (still difficult). Especially in mountainous areas without some off road vehicle.

ORV-ATV-MY23-5-Can-Am-Outlander-PRO-XU-HD7-Tundra-Green-0001MPB00-34FR-NA.png

Absolutely required for transport and off road use. Modified ATV's. We've seen in in Syria.
that would be interesting concept , a launcher with 4 launching tube on one of these vehicles for fast mobility and transport in battlefield .
it'll become the modern day Zanburak which was a key feature in success of King Nader army at the time

that would be interesting concept , a launcher with 4 launching tube on one of these vehicles for fast mobility and transport in battlefield .
it'll become the modern day Zanburak which was a key feature in success of King Nader army at the time
Indeed

Just look at this place. It will be needed

d3820c2559e1f6a477763a1de26aa9f7.jpg

something like this but with Almass
170826_568.jpg

only if kavir motor sold the vehicle for less than 600,000,000 toman
For latest models of the Yamaha Brand, looks to be around 14,000$ each. Which is roughly 600,000,000.
83d8fe72fe27c630fded3dd732effb36.png

Older models would work as well, but yes good ATVs are definitely not cheap

something like this but with Almass
170826_568.jpg

only if kavir motor sold the vehicle for less than 600,000,000 toman
Looking at the Almas that was made for UCAVs. Simply, that could be the more man portable version for a 2 man team. Probably made for both UCAVs and shoulder carried.

Looking at the Almas that was made for UCAVs. Simply, that could be the more man portable version for a 2 man team. Probably made for both UCAVs and shoulder carried.
that almas we saw was only the tubes the targeting and actual launcher subsystems probably was inside the UAV

Back
Top Bottom