What's new

Saudi youth visit Indian satellite centre (ISRO)

BTW, Mosa what's ur take on the real issue that is the topic of this thread??

It is quite clear really. KSA is trying to become a knowledge based economy which is why it is undergoing in a massive ToT effort from around the world each country on what it does best regarding military for example we are getting aerospace tech from Europe. Tracked vehicles from Russia. Naval tech from France and so on and on. So it is only natural to go to India for telecommunications tech.

Wondering why Saudi Arabia isn't investing much in space technology, they don't have much liabilities .

Wondering why Saudi Arabia isn't investing much in space technology, they don't have much liabilities .

I think they already have their hand full with all types of projects. If I remember correctly they are even building an entire city for nuclear technology.

There is an entire space technology city on Jeddah you can drive by it and see it if you are going through Haramain road it is the biggest in the middle east. And Saudi space agency receives the biggest funding out of all other Arab space agencies.

And I'm the president of planet earth
Doctors don't have time to scratch their balls, Mosa is living on this forum.

And let's not forget that doctors are usually smarter than the averge Joe on the street, Mosa, not so much. If he's actually a doctor than lol

Correction, doctors do have time to scratch their balls! We have all the time in the world for something as important as that! :dirol:

There are quite a few of us here on PDF!

P.S. Hello, Dr. Mosa!

Correction, doctors do have time to scratch their balls! We have all the time in the world for something as important as that! :dirol:

There are quite a few of us here on PDF!

P.S. Hello, Dr. Mosa!

Thank you. Dr.Ganimi. I am still a medical student though in 4th year.

MEA ::Incredible India charms Saudi Youth

cmsfile327.jpg

They love Shah Rukh Khan and Aishwarya Rai. Bollywood and Indian food rule their hearts. And equally fascinated are they by the monuments, culture and India’s new success story, the IT industry. The group of 26 students from the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, who were on a 10-day visit to India for the Saudi-Indian Youth Forum, relished each and every moment of their India trip.

Alanoud K. Bin Khuthaila, a graduate from medical school, was in for a surprise when she landed in India. Advised by friends and family to take vaccines and medicines to save herself from dreadful diseases in India, and told about the poor sanitation facilities, Alanoud was worried about her trip. But her fears were put to rest the moment she landed – India was nothing like what she had been made to believe by people who had visited decades ago. “I was impressed by how developed India is. Both Bangalore and Hyderabad and now Delhi are so green. The buildings, both new and old, are amazing. But more importantly, the people are so warm and nice,” she gushes. Waad Saud Al Dossary, a first year student of Law, agrees and says, “It’s a new world. India is another world. I was told that we will see only poor people everywhere but that’s not been the case. I have just loved everything here.”

After an informative trip to IT hubs Bangalore and Hyderabad, where they visited among others, the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) and telemedicine centre at Dr Devi Shetty’s Narayana Hrudayalaya hospital, Delhi was their last stop. At the concluding session of the forum, they got an opportunity to interact with India’s Minister of State for External Affairs E. Ahamed. The youth delegation from Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and India jointly presented their visions and proposals aimed at bolstering bilateral relations with a special focus on encouraging cooperation in the fields of communications and IT. Both sides have also proposed joint solutions in science, medicine and technology fields, especially making available medical services to remote regions with the help of advanced technology and e-health services.

In a letter to the United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki Moon, one of the representatives of the youth delegation said, “Our language is the future. We want to utilize today’s technology to improve lives.”

That’s something Mohamed Awad Al-Qahtani, an Information Systems student, sincerely would like to do. “If we can use the technology available and improve the poor people’s lives, we can do our bit to make this world a better place,” he says. His most memorable moment during the trip was a glance at former president APJ Abdul Kalam, he says with a wide smile.

Kholoud K.Ben Bakr, an Information Systems student, believes that the amazing education that Indian students receive will go a long way in making India shine. “That apart, I am left amazed by the harmony which exists despite so many religions here,” she says, before rattling of all the Shah Rukh Khan movies that she has seen. Among them, she says, ‘Kuch Kuch Hota Hai’ remains her favourite.

Albara Mohammed Al Ohali, a software engineering graduate who now works with Google in Dubai, summed up his and fellow students’ experience. “Incredible India!”

Alanoud K. Bin Khuthaila, a graduate from medical school, was in for a surprise when she landed in India. Advised by friends and family to take vaccines and medicines to save herself from dreadful diseases in India, and told about the poor sanitation facilities, Alanoud was worried about her trip. But her fears were put to rest the moment she landed – India was nothing like what she had been made to believe by people who had visited decades ago. “I was impressed by how developed India is. Both Bangalore and Hyderabad and now Delhi are so green. The buildings, both new and old, are amazing. But more importantly, the people are so warm and nice,” she gushes. Waad Saud Al Dossary, a first year student of Law, agrees and says, “It’s a new world. India is another world. I was told that we will see only poor people everywhere but that’s not been the case. I have just loved everything here.”

The stereotype is alive and well.

Is bollywood reallly that big? everytime I read something about cultural exchange things,bollywood is always mentioned. And Saudi Arabia? I always thought it is only south asian there who watch our movies.

Is bollywood reallly that big? everytime I read something about cultural exchange things,bollywood is always mentioned. And Saudi Arabia? I always thought it is only south asian there who watch our movies.

bollywood is quite big in saudi arabia and also so in africa...in senegal for all you can imagine. it is just because our cultural values are closer to theirs, than let us say western cinema. they understand the cultural context better.

You wouldn't believe, bollywood movies are famous across all of middle-east and africa... all urdu/hindi/arabic speaking countries watch bollywood movies...

Personally I don't like the crappy bollywood movies at all but above^ is a fact.

And I'm the president of planet earth
Doctors don't have time to scratch their balls, Mosa is living on this forum. And let's not forget that doctors are usually smarter than the averge Joe on the street, Mosa, not so much. If he's actually a doctor than lol

or what? You gonna blow yourself up Taliban style?

@ the mods, why do you allow these 'sunni' extremists to roam around?

Oi! How'd you get that we aren't as smart as Mosa? Sez who?

Back
Top Bottom