What's new

Shamsi Air Base under UAE control: Air Chief

Pakistan territory should be 100% under the control of Pakistan government. That includes FATA. That includes any air bases. That includes every square inch of Pakistan.

We pay and expect the PAF to defend Pakistan. On all sides. There is no option to outsource 'the western flank' to UAE or PLAAF or anyone else.

And, finally, I can't believe you just compared Pakistan to Tajikistan. You've got to be kidding!
Its more an emmotional outcry. There is something called trust. how many bases in Pakistan are actively operated by PAF?...50%? lets be ideally optimistic, say 80%. Then there are two options left for PAF. Keep spending on the other 20% idle bases in hope for contingent requirements and creat a consistant drag on its resources. Or allow an allied to use that base. Have you ever considered how UAE trust PAF? by allowing their Multi Mllion $ toy to be flown by PAF pilot? who is taking more risk UAEAF or PAF? I dont know why do we get overly emotional on things that are irrelevent? What do you think UAEAF will bomb PAF bases? do a back stabbing? or what? its not a bad idea at all?
Btw in Pakistan only salaried people like us pay for the spending, rest of the nation prefer to get the benefit of "freely ridable public good"

Its more an emmotional outcry. There is something called trust. how many bases in Pakistan are actively operated by PAF?...50%? lets be ideally optimistic, say 80%. Then there are two options left for PAF. Keep spending on the other 20% idle bases in hope for contingent requirements and creat a consistant drag on its resources. Or allow an allied to use that base. Have you ever considered how UAE trust PAF? by allowing their Multi Mllion $ toy to be flown by PAF pilot? who is taking more risk UAEAF or PAF? I dont know why do we get overly emotional on things that are irrelevent? What do you think UAEAF will bomb PAF bases? do a back stabbing? or what? its not a bad idea at all?
Btw in Pakistan only salaried people like us pay for the spending, rest of the nation prefer to get the benefit of "freely ridable public good"

Any Russian base in India ?
Any Isreali base in India ?
Any Pakistani base in Saudia ?

Any Russian base in India ?
Any Isreali base in India ?
Any Pakistani base in Saudia ?
FYI Base in Tajikistan is shared by India and Russia. Singapore airforce uses airspace of Vietnam and India for their operational flexibility. US uses a host of bases in Europe and Japan and Korea. France recently operationalized a base in ME. if PAF would have sufficent AC strenght why not? Lets say PAF houses a base in KSA does it have an aircraft which can fly from KSA, carry out a srike mission and return? if PAF 1) had 2)would have decided to use all the bases then who would have paid for the excess expenditure,its development projects, no?

By going through the posts of Pakistani members, most of them didn't knew the AirStrip was operated by UAE.

By going through the posts of Pakistani members, most of them didn't knew the AirStrip was operated by UAE.
Oh We never knew that, So insightful of you:eek:
if you cant contribute something there is always an option to go to another thread.

WAIT A MOMENT!

Wont that mean, the Choppers took off from Shamsi to conduct the Abottabad mission?
Damn. US giving UAE cash to give Pakistan. So we think its UAE but actually its USA again!

the choppers came from the north ....shamsi is in balochistan!!!

On the Question that the Shamsi Air Base was gifted to UAE so that they can have an easy excess to Hunting Birds or play a role in promoting insurgency in Baluchistan including not being Happy at Development of Gawader.. Or giving the American Forces a hostile position in Pakistan..This query has showed a lot of potential from the Arabs of UAE's involvement in Pakistan's insurgency..

I Salute to the Airforce which stood on its Position of atleast informing the people with the right verdict and this is bravery my friend speaking for the right of Pakistan.. and not being diplomatic like our Politicians..

But Still dont you people think that the Airspace of the Region in which Pakistan is Located comes under the Airforce security so what if the Airbase has been sold or gifted by our Policy makers or Elite.. there would be more questions and answers to be followed but i am sure the Air force would be clean again no matter where ever you take them They are the best..And they have showed that to the country in there last Parliament session by disclosing not only the involvement of the American Forces but the interests of the Arab multi millionaire Groups of UAE in supporting insurgency in Pakistan.

So why cannot we admit that the New cabinet of Arabs after the death of Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Alnahyan are just a bunch of money makers who have lost there prestige in front of the people of Pakistan.
The Arabs of UAE should be coming with answers soon for what they have done in Pakistan. And Pakistan should ask them about there involvements and make them pay for there sins.. We should not take there zakats for the blood of our Brothers and Sisters.. What ever Sheikh Zahid had done was to promote brother hood between the two countries and the people of Pakistan would always regard them as the best of its interest and in return to the Love of Sheik Zahid Alnayhan for Pakistanis, We had always supported the People of UAE and made it a heavenly place by working on there projects day and night from building up there force's to Banking Systems and always regarded them as our Muslim brothers .
But if they think that what ever there ancestors have done would be paid back with the cost of Pakistan is not ON. Sheikh Mohammad should take notice of this issue and bring this case to justice so that the people of Pakistan can get along with them in future. And the forces should send them a clear message without taking care of what ever our Elites or Parliamentarians have invested in UAE.

Oh We never knew that, So insightful of you:eek:
if you cant contribute something there is always an option to go to another thread.

I said most of them.

And you never invited me to this thread so never ask me to leave this thread.

I am off.

Enjoy living in denial.

they give us money people....what is the harm if our pilots get to see some block 60 falcons...although i highly doubt that they come here....they dont have airspace so they go to either saudi arab or come here....they come here for hunting trips!!

Is that an official statement?

do the math man.....if you dont know anything about aviation...then say it.....no shame...i will explain...

if the helis had come through the torkham and pubbi route....they would have passed theough peshawar,kamra and pubbi airbases...stealth or no stealth you get detected this close.....and the land on that route is flat...very flat....so no terrain mapping......

now from the north...they could have weaved through the mountains and there was only one airbase in close proximity...and there are also reports that a C130 modified version for refuelling was also flying in that region....so they could have taken off....come through the north....refuel...and then carry out the operation.and eyewitnessess say that helis landed at night in an area north of abbotabad approximately 50 or so km away.

It's shame full for any NUCLEAR POWER country!

did anybody notice the SPF bell 412 landing before the Mi 17???....

Why UAE needs a airbase there? Does not make sense.

1) a) close proximity to Iran and to get some sort of an insight on Iranian movements militarily at least.

b) as per the uae constitution the president cannot issue any order to atack any country, but he can order (issue an emiri decree) to attack in self defence only if the soverneighty of the country is breached or the country is attacked.

2) UAE army trains it's personal on drones and the drones are used for Afghanistan.

The below news does not mention of the other roles that UAE plays in afghanistan "militarily" to keep it low profile.

December 6, 2009

Nato hails UAE role in Afghanistan

Nato officials praised the UAE's humanitarian role in Afghanistan in the field of rebuilding, relief and peacekeeping operations.

Brussels: Nato officials praised the UAE's humanitarian role in Afghanistan in the field of rebuilding, relief and peacekeeping operations.

Jean-François Bureau, assistant secretary general for Public Diplomacy, said Nato highly appreciates the UAE's role in Afghanistan which he described as a very important and effective role in extending humanitarian assistance to the Afghan people.

"The UAE presence within the ESAF forces affiliated to Nato is more important than financial and moral support given by other countries," he said.

Bureau said that the UAE has been playing a very important role in Afghanistan for three years and is considered by Nato as a qualified partner in the fight against terrorism.

gulfnews : Nato hails UAE role in Afghanistan

Watch this video

UAE is only having peace keeping forces as per the video, however i had read somewhere (i cannot rememebr where exactly) that UAE is flying some drones or UAV (probably predators) for missions over afghanistan and most probably the UAE army personals were being trianed on flying those and doing real life missions. Also I remember once Muhammad Bin Zayed - the deputy supreme comander of the UAE amed forces and the brother of the president of UAE (the supreme comander of the UAE armed forces) - said that UAE knows Afghanistan better that other countries (he meant western and european countires).

It is worth to mention that UAE wanted predators from US in 2007 as per a wikileaks document.

UAV/Predator B
--------------
آ¶5. (S) MbZ again asked about the status of the UAE request to
acquire Predator B. GeneralMoseley informed MbZ that the
question of Predatr B acquisition would require further
discussionwithin the interagency and with our MTCR partners.
MbZ nodded in understanding: "We are patient." He then
added: "I hope the Iranians give us time; they are aggressive
and are moving fast." MbZ also mentioned that there were
several other countries offering UAVs to the UAE. Ambassador
added that the U.S. and the other 33 MTCR members would be
meeting in March to review the MTCR control list. Growing
demand worldwide for unmanned aerial vehicles had led to the
need for a general discussion of how the MTCR controls UAVs
and cruise missiles, and the USG looked forward to further
discussion of UAE defense requirements and our shared
security objectives in the context of the ongoing Gulf
Security Dialogue (GSD).