What's new

Shanghai offers 24-hour robotaxi service

Shanghai offers 24-hour robotaxi service​

There's still a safety driver in the seat
safetydriverhands.png

ok, I just assumed it was. Waymo is driverless and available 24/7.

Somebody a little freaked out finding themselves in a late night ride in a driverless taxi
Many Chinese cities also have driverless taxis without safety drivers for years, but I don't know if they offer 24 hours service, maybe I was wrong and they do

微信图片_20230415221328.png

Many Chinese cities also have driverless taxis without safety drivers for years,

Oh stop it! No they haven't. You just posted a CGTN article a few months ago about China having their first driverless taxis on the road without safety drivers. Maybe they have been previously testing privately for years and giving media some promo rides but it was obviously not open to the general public.

Aug 28, 2022

Even now it is questionable if any systems are actually open to the general public in China..vs some rides offered to media news reporters.

Last edited:
Oh stop it! No they haven't. You just posted a CGTN article a few months ago about China having their first driverless taxis on the road. Maybe they have been previously testing privately for years and giving media some promo rides but it was obviously not open to the general public.

Aug 28, 2022

Even now it is questionable if any systems are actually open to the general public in China..vs some rides offered to media news reporters.
How many driverless cars and buses in China and how many in US? and what's your whole point in this thread? China doesn't have driverless cars without safety drivers or China doesn't have 24 hours service driverless cars?

How many driverless cars and buses in China and how many in US? and what's your whole point in this thread? China doesn't have driverless cars without safety drivers or China doesn't have 24 hours service driverless cars?

I was just pointing out in red your mistakes in stating facts.
You certainly aren't much better than ChatGPT..which you love to complain about as being inaccurate.

I was just pointing out in red your mistakes in stating facts.
You certainly aren't much better than ChatGPT..which you love to complain about as being inaccurate.
Years could include test period, but you just jumped in was not for that red part, Your first post says that it still needs a safety driver, do mean mean China doesn't have driverless cars without safety drivers or China doesn't have 24 hours service driverless cars?

Years could include test period, but you just jumped in was not for that red part, Your first post says that it still needs a safety driver, do mean mean China doesn't have driverless cars without safety drivers or China doesn't have 24 hours service driverless cars?

Stop making stuff up. I never said anything needs anything.

Robotaxi.png

I just posted an observation from the video that this robotaxi service still has somebody in the driver's seat.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom