What's new

Suicide Blast At Mian Iftikhar's House

GUNNER

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
PESHAWAR, Pakistan, July 26, 2010 (AFP) - A bomb attack outside a Pakistani cabinet minister's home in the northwest wounded five people on Monday just days after his only son was assassinated by suspected Taliban, police said.

The precise target was not immediately clear but the explosion occurred outside the home of Mian Iftikhar Hussain, information minister in Pakistan's northwestern province of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, in the small town of Pabbi.

"Five people have been wounded in this bomb blast," said local police official Javed Khan.

Pakistan's Interior Minister Rehman Malik had been in Pabbi shortly before the bomb exploded, paying his respects after Hussain's 28-year-old son Mian Rashid was assassinated on Saturday.

Hussain is considered the most vocal northwestern minister against Taliban militants. He also worked as a spokesman for the provincial government.

PESHAWAR: Five people were injured in an explosion that took place on Monday near the residence of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Information Minister, Mian Iftikhar, in Pabbi.

Mian Iftikhar’s son was killed on Saturday evening by unknown gunmen. A lot of high profile visits have been witnessed in the days since then where political leaders have been visiting the minister.

Reports stated that Mian Iftikhar was not at his residence at the time of the blast.

Three shops were completely destroyed in the explosion and the injured were taken to the hospital.

Police cordoned off the area following the blast.

DAWN.COM | Provinces | Explosion outside KP Minister Mian Iftikhar's house

he was the ONLY ANP leader i respected because he stayed in KP and stayed amongst the people!!

i guess the enemies of the country wish to rid the country of strong leaders!!! leaders who live amongst their people!! while all other leaders live abroad!!! i hope he survives!!

A suicide attack has been reported outside the residence of Mian Iftikhar, Information Minister of Khyber Pakhtoonkhwa.

According to reports a place outside the residence of Mian Iftikhar was targeted by a suicide bomber where people were gathered to condole with the provincial minister over the death of his son in attack in Nowshera.

According to reports around 25 injured have been transferred to hospital for medical aid.

Five killed in suicide attack near Mian Iftikhar home ,7/26/2010 2:25:57 PM

Reports claim atleast five people have died in the attack including three policemen.

PESHAWAR, Pakistan, July 26, 2010 (AFP) - A suicide bomber targeted the home of a Pakistani cabinet minister on Monday, killing seven people during mourning for his son, who was assassinated by suspected Taliban, police said.

Police said the bomber tried to get into the home of Mian Iftikhar Hussain, information minister in Pakistan's northwestern province of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, in the small town of Pabbi.

"Seven people, including three policemen, have been killed and 21 injured," senior police official Imran Kishore told AFP by telephone from the scene.

An intelligence official, speaking on condition of anonymity, from regional headquarters in Peshawar put the death toll at six.

ANP is on the hitlist.....I think there is some connection between new Mullah FM video and these killings.....Its personal revenge of Mullah FM against ANP.

R.I.P

Blast heard in Noshehra
Updated at: 1355 PST, Monday, July 26, 2010

NOSHEHRA: A powerful explosion has been heard outside the residence of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa’s provincial Information Minister Mian Iftikhar, Geo News reported Monday.

It should be mentioned here that the Information Minister’s son Mian Rashid Hussain was killed on Saturday, who was laid to rest yesterday.

According to sources, the people gathered at his residence in his native Pabbi area at the time of blast to offer condolences to the minister.

After the first reports received here, state of emergency have been declared in local hospital.

On the occasion following the burial of Mian Rashid Sunday, heavy contingents of police were deployed to fend off any potential threat to law and order.

According to initial report, the blast has been said to be suicidal.

Blast heard in Noshehra

Several dead in Noshehra suicide blast
Updated at: 1410 PST, Monday, July 26, 2010

NOSHEHRA: Several were killed and ten others injured in a powerful explosion outside the residence of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa’s provincial Information Minister Mian Iftikhar, Geo News reported Monday.

It should be mentioned here that the Information Minister’s son Mian Rashid Hussain was killed on Saturday, who was laid to rest yesterday.

According to initial report, the blast is being said to be suicidal.

According to sources, there were people at his residence in his native Pabbi area at the time of blast to offer condolences to the minister. However, the minister was not present there at the time. He was receiving condolences from the people at a Degree College in the area.

After the first reports received here, state of emergency has been declared in local hospital.

On the occasion following the burial of Mian Rashid Sunday, heavy contingents of police were deployed to fend off any potential threat to law and order.

Several dead in Noshehra suicide blast

he was the ONLY ANP leader i respected because he stayed in KP and stayed amongst the people!!

i guess the enemies of the country wish to rid the country of strong leaders!!! leaders who live amongst their people!! while all other leaders live abroad!!! i hope he survives!!

...and he is the only man who is running the ANP and saved it from the demise this party was facing during the last year or so. All in all, he is a sincere fellow working for the people of KP. But this is always the case with sincere people in Pakistan, the crooks one way or the other, will always try to grab him/them off his/their feet and this coward act recently by killing his son, is a show off to their sinister objectives.

RIP to the dead. Bilour was openly calling TI and JI as TTP sympathizers today. It's seriously getting way too bad. Reports are suggesting it took place minutes after Rehman Malik left. Perhaps, he was the target.

Must be tough for Mian Iftikhar. Brave, brave man.

I just pray to god that MMA Does not return back in NWFP ever if it wins elections then they should be rigged.MMA should not be allowed to rule provinces as it will spread terrorism everywhere as it did in NWFP (Swat etc).

this man should be treated as a hero!!! he actually is still living in the same area & in a speech before the death of his son he had said i will stay here and fight extremism!

even if it means sacrificing my life or life of my son!! and he kept his word & still is keeping it!!

the sad part is NO ONE FROM THE FEDERATION came for condolences!!! everyone is to scared! wonder if bilawal dies or Mian's son does what would be the reaction if no one goes? even his own PARTY LEADERS NEVER CAME!

"I Will Continue To Fight"

Khyber Pakhtunkhwa information minister Mian Iftikhar Hussain re-iterated his strong stance against terrorism, saying he would “fight for this greater cause” irrespective of his son’s murder.

Speaking to the media on Tuesday, Mian Iftikhar said he waited to make his statements against the terrorists today, so that people could see that it was not a viewpoint presented in haste or in a moment of passion.

Had I made my comments on the same day, people would have taken it as a revenge of my son’s death. But this is not the case. I am fighting for a much greater cause. There are scores of people who have laid their lives in the war against terror. My son is also one of them. We were here when a suicide bomber blew himself outside. Women have gathered to condole the death of my son.

Additionally, the KP information minister said that his son was martyred in the War on Terror, receiving 8 bullets in his body.

He was killed due to my role in the war against terror. My cousin tried to save him, but they shot four bullets in his head and four in his chest. They claimed that they had come to kill him. I don’t know why they do such acts. Neither religion nor social norms permit us to attack women and innocent people. My son never exploited my position. He was killed because he was my son. The people who lost their lives in the suicide attack also belong to our family. Four policemen also lost their lives.

Mian Iftikhar also lauded the role played by women police officers who had prevented a suicide bomber from entering the women’s’ quarters of the family home.

------------------------------

:pakistan:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom