What's new

Taiwanese proposes unification

we should conquer taiwan by military force,not by giving them money,It's cowardly and stupid,would cause a lot of problem.

What u talking about...
Taiwan people are also Han-Chinese. U cant do that to ur ownn folk. Its like West-German and East-German. As they unite, the people accepted the others because they are the same Germens.

no,west-german is much wealthier than east-german,but mainland china is poorer than taiwan,we should not buy unification by money.
and more importantly,taiwanese culture is too cowardly,we must educate them hard to make them stronger.if we get them peacefully,taiwan would turn into another hongkong,actually it's very very bad for china.

Not true. A significant % of the Taiwanese population (around 20% to 30%) are die hard Japanophile / white-worshipping / self-hating-Han racists no different from those Japanese right wing or South Korean banzi. The majority 70% to 80% are redeemable.

I'd rather see mainland China and Taiwan fake a crisis and war, and get Japan and USA navies to intervene. When they intervene, mainland China and Taiwan navy both open fire on them and wipe them out. :
P

:rofl: Are you seriously that deluded. US needs probably 1/10th of it's entire military to send you back to the stone age. It's ok if you wrote this while you were smoking up , but otherwise , you are just a delusional prick.

What u talking about...
Taiwan people are also Han-Chinese. U cant do that to ur ownn folk. Its like West-German and East-German. As they unite, the people accepted the others because they are the same Germens.

True, but the bigger Mainland should take the leading role, so the unification should be under PRC's rule, not vice versa.

I still think the Japanophiles and Hanjians are motivated by economic disparity. Sometimes when I see new mainland immigrants, I'm kinda perturbed by their mannerisms which can be kinda 土气... but that doesn't diminish the abstract nationalism I feel for the Chinese nation.

Seriously? Do you have a Renren account? Do you even look around China? Who is 土气? Everyone dresses nice, especially those who go overseas.

Do you DARE say that any of the Americans in their dirty white T-shirts, faded jeans and with beer bellies are 土气? no of course not :lol:

In Shanghai there are 200,000 Taiwanese living there, you think you can distinguish a Taiwanese from a Shanghainese by looking at what they wear? :lol:

We need to persuade the KMT government to let Varyag dock at Taiping Island to enhance our control over South China Sea. We also need to persuade the KMT government to let PLAN build a submarine base on the east coast of Taiwan, where we can easily access the deep waters of the Pacific. Finally, mainland China and Taiwan can work together to take back Diaoyu Islands from Japan -- China has already made major strides through our regular patrols and ejecting Japanese coast guard ships.
My wish has come true!!!

Taiwanese, Chinese militaries urged to start interaction

Taipei, March 25 (CNA) The relaxation in cross-Taiwan Strait tension in recent years offers chances for interaction between Taiwan's military and China's People's Liberation Army (PLA), a scholar said Sunday.

The two sides could start with basic cooperation projects, Wang Kao-cheng of Tamkang University told a one-day forum held to address the nation's current defense status and future prospects.

The military expert suggested sea rescue, anti-piracy collaboration, anti-terrorism plans and other non-traditional security issues as workable options for interaction.

Taiwan and China could then move on to scholarly exchanges and talks on the possibility of establishing hotlines to avoid accidental conflict, he said.

Such cooperation would not have to be included in a peace pact, he added.

The concept of the possibility of a peace pact between Taiwan and China was introduced by President Ma Ying-jeou during his election campaign last year.

With the recently eased cross-strait tension, the military challenges Taiwan is facing right now are long-term rather than immediate threats, Wang added.

A possible reduction in Taiwan's military budget due to economic circumstances, for example, might trigger a wide range of problems, including difficulty carrying out military reforms, he said.

The Ma administration has announced that Taiwan will adopt a volunteer military service system to replace the existing compulsory system by 2015, part of efforts to streamline the military.

In view of a falling birth rate, the transition will require careful planning, as the recruitment package will need to be sufficiently attractive to persuade 215,000 people to enlist, he said.

On the other hand, China is increasing its military power by raising its military spending, an imbalance Wang said deserves greater attention.

Non-traditional threats such as earthquakes and the role played by the country's military in disaster relief missions should also be widely discussed, he added.

Lin Cheng-yi, a researcher at Academia Sinica, the nation's top research institute, said at the forum that helping out with disaster relief should not be the military's priority task.

The military's priority should lie in the preparation for possible warfare, so disaster relief missions should be the concern of other agencies such as the Ministry of Interior, according to Lin.
http://focustaiwan.tw/ShowNews/WebNews_Detail.aspx?Type=aALL&ID=201203250017

Ah but who is the "Chinese military" referred to above? 国军 :P

SO when will Taiwan become reunited with the mainland. What the estimated time frame adopted by the CCP? They are the same
people and deserve to be united. BTW can some chinese friend tell me why mainland chinese need visa to travel to HongKong? Isn't
it bad for the unity of the China, after all hongKong is part of China and chinese should be able to travel to any parts of their
country without any restrictions. And economic situation shouldn't be a barrier since mainland china is as rich and developed
as HongKong,

SO when will Taiwan become reunited with the mainland. What the estimated time frame adopted by the CCP? They are the same
people and deserve to be united. BTW can some chinese friend tell me why mainland chinese need visa to travel to HongKong? Isn't
it bad for the unity of the China, after all hongKong is part of China and chinese should be able to travel to any parts of their
country without any restrictions. And economic situation shouldn't be a barrier since mainland china is as rich and developed
as HongKong,
China never expected Taiwan to be any more "unified" than the Hong Kong model (one country-two systems). We were just worried they would collude with USA and Japan to go formally independent. Now Taiwan has agreed to one country-two systems, it's just a matter of time to work out the mechanics (economic, people interaction). Even better, we're doing military cooperation -- Taiwan military goes from being "the enemy" to "an ally."

Huge huge victory for China :tup:

What makes you think the next election will still see KMT in power?
Assuming 70% of Taiwanese hate mainlanders (your words) and KMT party pushes forward with reunification-what is to stop the 70% to simply elect another more anti reunification party at next election?

Also, when you say your wish has come true-and your wish was a base on Taiwan-you do realize that all that is said in that link is search and rescue and anti terrorism missions, a far far stretch from the base and blablabla.

Seriously? Do you have a Renren account? Do you even look around China? Who is 土气? Everyone dresses nice, especially those who go overseas.

Do you DARE say that any of the Americans in their dirty white T-shirts, faded jeans and with beer bellies are 土气? no of course not :lol:

In Shanghai there are 200,000 Taiwanese living there, you think you can distinguish a Taiwanese from a Shanghainese by looking at what they wear? :lol:

Whoa, calm down. You can't only point to Shanghai. I went to my hometown of Taiyuan a few months ago ... it was a lot better than what I remembered it had been 10+ years ago, but it's still kinda 土气 ... People still spit and children still wear kaidangku. I didn't go to my father's village, but I imagine it would only be worse. I don't really care because these are only superficial issues and will be erased as soon as the GDP per capita level is raised.

Anyway, of course I dare call Americans 土气. Outside of NYC/San Francisco/SoCal and a couple other coastal cities, it's very 土气. People are proud of being 'rednecks' and waving guns and rejecting evolution. America is irredeemable because it's been a high-income country for a long time, so money is obviously not the problem, it's engrained in culture.

What makes you think the next election will still see KMT in power?
Assuming 70% of Taiwanese hate mainlanders (your words) and KMT party pushes forward with reunification-what is to stop the 70% to simply elect another more anti reunification party at next election?
Fear of death. Most of them don't like us, but they're not gonna fight to the death. They'll just surrender on friendly terms, and retain autonomy, which is what is happening now.

Also, when you say your wish has come true-and your wish was a base on Taiwan-you do realize that all that is said in that link is search and rescue and anti terrorism missions, a far far stretch from the base and blablabla.
Yeah and 60 years ago, KMT was hunting down and massacring communists for fear of revolution. When revolution happened, we fought massive pitched battles with hundreds of thousands soldiers until Chiang Kai-shek was booted to Taiwan. How the times have changed.

:china:

Yeah and 60 years ago, KMT was hunting down and massacring communists for fear of revolution. How the times have changed.
:china:

Most of people, who have a brain, won't vote for KMT, because it is always an embarassment in the Chinese history.

Of course, today's CCP has a lot of corruption, yet KMT is weak and useless.

Fear of death. Most of them don't like us, but they're not gonna fight to the death. They'll just surrender on friendly terms, and retain autonomy, which is what is happening now.

They have friends, and those friends are encircling you. Any agression on the friends will render the debt card that you guys are so proud of unusable.
Also a reply further down of your post says and i quote "Most of people, who have a brain, won't vote for KMT", so in retrospect the reunification party will not be the policy maker in the future.

And again your delussions of grandeur? They are surrendering? All you have to show for that is a search and rescue and anti terrorism agreement-pretty standard agreements in this day and age. You pro at distorting facts and i love you for it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom