What's new

Taliban sensing shift in public opinion?

AgNoStiC MuSliM

ADVISORS
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Taliban ask media to set its Qibla

Updated at: 1925 PST, Tuesday, April 28, 2009
SWAT: Tehrik Taliban Swat has warned that media should correct its direction.

Commander ‘Fidain’ section has dispatched pamphlets to the offices of newspapers and TV channels, which said that media should examine its role and avoid an anti-Taliban agenda.

According to the pamphlets, media has adopted a new approach for the past one week which indicates that everybody is following a pro-Western policy under any pressure or greed.

“It is the duty of media to give space and time to such statements that leave a positive impact on the society,” it said.

Taliban further warned that they would move to Sharia courts if instructions were not followed.

Taliban ask media to set its Qibla
---------------------------------------------

At the least this shows the Taliban recognize the importance of controlling the message.

Nice choice of using the 'Fidayeen Section Commander' (Commander suicide bomber section?) to deliver the message - the intent to suppress and threaten is clear.

And this despite all the heavyweight Taliban sympathizers such as Hamid Mir, Ansar Abbasi and Shaid Masood in the media.

Many of them are also supporters of Nawas Sharif though, and his change in stance may have left them high and dry ...

These cowards act like the own the country haha time to kill these cowards once and for all ! no more :blah: :smokin:

Absolutely.I hope they attack Media and then finally Media realize that how bad these bastards are.Our Media specially Pro Taliban Channels deserve these kind of attacks :mad:

now look at tht, These bastards mus be exposed by media :angry:
clean them up now enuf is enuf, PHUCKK TALIBAN :angry:

this is wat i have been talking about.. now ppl have seen their true face and how much they are interested in bringin shariah to the country. media should realise this. earlier they do better it will be. we need to build public openion against them otherwise there is no point in carryin out military operations. isolate them atleast at national level if not local

Of course certain Media channels aren't going to portray these animals as animals because selling a story to the nation regarding TTP's hideous plans to take over Pakistan doesn't sell as much as the rivalry between Nawaz and Zardari.

And of course, on their channels, instead of running re-runs of TTP's commanders challenging Pakistani people and Army to save themselves from the impending take over of the country, they would rather re-run Chief Justice getting showered by petals on his 'victory'.

For example, The GEO network is by far the most unpatriotic network I've ever had the chance of witnessing. Their petty cheap tricks at gaining the public's emotional sympathy are appalling. It showed back in 2007 when Musharraf planned to shut it down completely, people were out on the streets protesting and crying. They've infiltrated deep within our society and now that they've established themselves in everyone's heart and mind, they've earned themselves a ticket to show, preach and portray whatever they feel like.

They can easily defeat the Taliban ideology from spreading in different parts of our country if they really WANT to. Start a complete Anti-Taliban media op which should be responsible of exposing the true nature of the TTP animals. Their flawed laws, and what life seems like under their rule of law, backed up by the barrels of their AK's. If they really are able to spread the message as it is, there's no way our people would simply submit to the Taliban that easily. More awareness is the key to success!

this is wat i have been talking about.. now ppl have seen their true face and how much they are interested in bringin shariah to the country. media should realise this. earlier they do better it will be. we need to build public openion against them otherwise there is no point in carryin out military operations. isolate them atleast at national level if not local

Agree and Media also should refrain from all those darned western influences "Human Interest Stories" in case there is some co-latteral damage during the strike against Taliban. Look what happened when they portrayed Drone strikes - Taliban got stronger. What will happen if similar stories are published when PA / FC strikes. Pakistani public should only be fed news that they can easily digest. The whole truth might be a bit too much for them.

I think media should be under strict censorship till this fiasco of WOT is over and shouldonly take stories after getting approval from PA and GoP.

Agree and Media also should refrain from all those darned western influences "Human Interest Stories" in case there is some co-latteral damage during the strike against Taliban. Look what happened when they portrayed Drone strikes - Taliban got stronger. What will happen if similar stories are published when PA / FC strikes. Pakistani public should only be fed news that they can easily digest. The whole truth might be a bit too much for them.

I think media should be under strict censorship till this fiasco of WOT is over and shouldonly take stories after getting approval from PA and GoP.

drone attacks are totally different. lets keep it out of this discussion.
anyways i think ppl should know the truth which mean both sides of the story should be known or else u will fail to analyse the real problem. it does take time to take a decision but when u take it then u will stick with it for much longer.
although i agree media should avoid exaggeration and also propaganda.

drone attacks are totally different. lets keep it out of this discussion.
anyways i think ppl should know the truth which mean both sides of the story should be known or else u will fail to analyse the real problem. it does take time to take a decision but when u take it then u will stick with it for much longer.
although i agree media should avoid exaggeration and also propaganda.

How silly of me to speak of Drone attacks. They were targetted at civilians only due to imperialist agenda of US. Now PA / FC will show them how real deal is done.

But who will report the true story? The entire media is under western inflence and never understood the real reson behind Swat peace deal. How can you trust them to make impartial reporting. I think only GoP can be trusted with this responsibility of bringing forth the truth.

Imran Khan has already started making noises about civilians being killed. He can be easily dealt with by enforcing house arrest.

How do we go about analizing "the real problem" when we dont even know what the problem is. Is the rise of etremist taliban thereal problem . Is the indian support to terrorists the real problem. Is the lack of proper justice system in Swat the real problem which gave room for Taliban to build base. Is american leaving the region after soviet rule the real problem. Is the border dispute with afghanistan the real problem. Is WOT the real problem. Is Israel and mossad the real problem. Is the threat on the eastern border which is preventing army action the real problem. Is the mismanagement of Swat the real problem. Is the use of just the religion to rule a state a real problem. Is mishandling of media the real problem. Is the decesion-making and handling of afghanistan the real problem. Is the special status given to FATA the real problem. Is the continuous inflow of insurgents from afganistan the real problem. What is the real problem and if there is just one real problem then what are the rest?

Media has to be restrained because as Gen Musharraf once said we must not wash our dirty laundry in public. And the public is watching. So what do you say to that? What if another bunch stands up and this time instead of rape cries war crimes to apply for foreig visas. What if all the silly human rights guys start popping up.

You rambling on and on and on and on and on and..... :P

oh I thought single line posts were not encouraged so added some bulk to it. If these problems are dillusionments and ramblings please tell me I'll delete them too. I also dont appriciate when someone keeps on rambling about a single issue for four pages but not even a single comment is made by the moderators. I thought that was a trend and followed it. I am glad you do consider them annoying and silly. That is the sign of a well moderated and controlled forum.

PS: If you could pinpoint to the real problem that will be great.

oh I thought single line posts were not encouraged so added some bulk to it. If these problems are dillusionments and ramblings please tell me I'll delete them too. I also dont appriciate when someone keeps on rambling about a single issue for four pages but not even a single comment is made by the moderators. I thought that was a trend and followed it. I am glad you do consider them annoying and silly. That is the sign of a well moderated and controlled forum.

PS: If you could pinpoint to the real problem that will be great.

Did you know excessive sarcasm isn't allowed either? :lol:

You managed to combine both up there. :enjoy:

In fact, rambling is not a violation of the rules, so long as it remains on-topic, and neither is pointing it out.:D

Just to add my opinion to the topic being discussed here:

I think when ever entities like Government, Taliban, Armed Forces or any other enitity for that matter, take action which they cannot justify, this brings in suspicion in the minds and hearts of general public which as the time passes, if these suspicions are not removed by any correct justification of the actions taken by the concerned entity then you see the tide shift towards the other side.

This is what exactly happened here, Taliban could not justify there actions, even if they did their justification for their actions was not very good, so this shifted the tide in GoP's favor, which is alhamdulillah using this to their advantage to get rid of these terrorists.

So, if the people donot support taliban then they are basically doomed, because without the support of locals, taliban would be seen as an enemy both to them and to their Nation (Pakistan).

I say, media should play a positive role here to pull back our Country from this quick sand that we are cought up in. Not only media, but every citizen of this proud Nation of 170 Million people should play his role in his day-to-day life to improve his/her Nation (Pakistan).

May Allah bless our Nation and it's People.:)

How silly of me to speak of Drone attacks. They were targetted at civilians only due to imperialist agenda of US. Now PA / FC will show them how real deal is done.

But who will report the true story? The entire media is under western inflence and never understood the real reson behind Swat peace deal. How can you trust them to make impartial reporting. I think only GoP can be trusted with this responsibility of bringing forth the truth.

Imran Khan has already started making noises about civilians being killed. He can be easily dealt with by enforcing house arrest.

How do we go about analizing "the real problem" when we dont even know what the problem is. Is the rise of etremist taliban thereal problem . Is the indian support to terrorists the real problem. Is the lack of proper justice system in Swat the real problem which gave room for Taliban to build base. Is american leaving the region after soviet rule the real problem. Is the border dispute with afghanistan the real problem. Is WOT the real problem. Is Israel and mossad the real problem. Is the threat on the eastern border which is preventing army action the real problem. Is the mismanagement of Swat the real problem. Is the use of just the religion to rule a state a real problem. Is mishandling of media the real problem. Is the decesion-making and handling of afghanistan the real problem. Is the special status given to FATA the real problem. Is the continuous inflow of insurgents from afganistan the real problem. What is the real problem and if there is just one real problem then what are the rest?

Media has to be restrained because as Gen Musharraf once said we must not wash our dirty laundry in public. And the public is watching. So what do you say to that? What if another bunch stands up and this time instead of rape cries war crimes to apply for foreig visas. What if all the silly human rights guys start popping up.

are u tryin to make some point here or just tryin to go with the wind?? coz if u are then i have definately missed it
im not a supported of Gen Musharraf and may be he had too much of a dirty laundry to wash. wat exactly did he achieve in the end?? resigned under public pressure i guess.

Not only geo news but also ARY is not very patriotic...they never telecast a news twice or some time they even don't telecast a news against India bcz of the partership with indian channels...and everytime after a tragic news they always comes toward entertainment and shows bollywood movie trailer....better to watch express news or Aaj.

Back
Top Bottom