What's new

Tendulkar Vs Don Bradman

Tendulkar has done really good job, I am big fan of him, anytime someone compares with Don, I am at sea.
For one I do not know much how was the condition back then, I know that fielding in old days was not as good as today. I have seen myself the standard of fielding going up, so in past there were some easy runs. Also people did not have that much facility to study a player in details like they do it today.
So comparing two different eras is difficult. I do not know what negatives they had at that time. Maybe helmets.

Unfair to both guys. Tendulkar is an outlier in the sport. Bradman is an outlier amongst outliers. You can't compare to an average of 99.94.

Tendulkar has done really good job, I am big fan of him, anytime someone compares with Don, I am at sea.
For one I do not know much how was the condition back then, I know that fielding in old days was not as good as today. I have seen myself the standard of fielding going up, so in past there were some easy runs. Also people did not have that much facility to study a player in details like they do it today.
So comparing two different eras is difficult. I do not know what negatives they had at that time. Maybe helmets.

Helmets, thigh guards, pads were much heavier. Bowlers could bowl as many bouncers as they liked. Thing is if conditions were so easy then Bradman's contemporaries too should have boasted such an average - someone like Wally Hammond for example. But no, there is no one. Not even close - not even averaging in the 80s or 70s.

Conditions back then and now are way different, you cannot compare.

Today you look at Tendulkar, you can see his flaws, but Don looked flawless.

average of 99.94.

He played just 50 matches, and at that time there were no fast bowlers. SRT however has played in 400 and has batted against top notch fast bowlers.

Bradman played very low games and most of them on fast and deadly pitches while Tendulkar has played too many games mostly at home on dead pitches.

Bradman is certainly a great batsman. but if Bradman was playing today than he could not achieve such averages. So With large number of matches in modern time Sachin along with Bradman proved himself as the best batsman ever.

Bradman played very low games and most of them on fast and deadly pitches while Tendulkar has played too many games mostly at home on dead pitches.

What made those pitches fast? Bradman retired in 1948.

average of 99.94.

He played just 50 matches, and at that time there were no fast bowlers. SRT however has played in 400 and has batted against top notch fast bowlers.

No fast bowlers??? Dude, you are kidding. Have you heard of Harold Larwood? He bowled between 150k-160k and Bradman faced him without helmets, thigh guards and other protection that players take for granted. And if it is "just" 50 Test matches, then show me someone else with an average of 99 in 50 tests.

Sachin is the Best ..... Very Long Career & always the same

Both are A+ cricketers, why do you have to give 98% to one and 99% to other and then fight my favourite player is better than yours.

The replies above mostly show an ignorance of how conditions were back in Bradman's days. They seem to be suggesting that batting was easier in those days, but in fact it's the complete opposite of that.

In those days, you have uncovered pitches. Which means when you start play after rain, the pitch has moisture and balls swings and seams. Overall, pitches were also much more bowler friendly back then. Look at the totals in those days. A LOT of totals in 100s, 200s. Which shows how tough batting was. Not much protection either.

Oh, and yes, there were plenty of fast bowlers back then.

In today's conditions bradman might average around 150.

bradman no1 of all time and sachin no 2 of all time. Just great player humble and down to earth. Just super. India is going to win the world cup with Tendulkar in this form and maturity.

Most of Pakistani batsman are Tullay Baaz , Afridi,Amir,Anwar,Anzi etc.Sachin is matchless better than Lara,Don,Little Master.

The replies above mostly show an ignorance of how conditions were back in Bradman's days. They seem to be suggesting that batting was easier in those days, but in fact it's the complete opposite of that.

In those days, you have uncovered pitches. Which means when you start play after rain, the pitch has moisture and balls swings and seams. Overall, pitches were also much more bowler friendly back then. Look at the totals in those days. A LOT of totals in 100s, 200s. Which shows how tough batting was. Not much protection either.

Oh, and yes, there were plenty of fast bowlers back then.

In today's conditions bradman might average around 150.

no,actually their r more factors

Tendulkar had played in around 10 countries,in different types of pitches compared to just 2 of Bradman,that to fast bouncy wickets

What could have happened if bradman had played in the spiner friendly wickets of asia

I am not saying tendulkar is better,but practically this comparison is not possible as both the players belonged to two totally distinct era

Both r the best in their own time

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom