What's new

Tesla celebrates 1 million cars delivered in Europe

..and how is this tax different from how China taxes car imports from the EU?

European Union, while European automakers pay tariffs of between 15 percent and 25 percent to import Europe-built cars into China.

The EU import duty on foreign made cars is 10%, and all cars — foreign and domestic — are eligible for EV purchase incentives.

So let me get this straight...China taxes the EU between 15 and 25 percent for importing their cars...and tells them to get around it they have to build 51/49 percent "Made-in-China" local joint ventures.

The EU taxes only 10%..and that includes cars from the US...yet you seem to think Tesla has some advantage? The only advantage they have is they have a plant in Berlin for "Made-in-EU". But that is the same game China started..and you are crying because Chinese companies haven't done it in the EU.

As for the batteries Tesla cant send any US made batteries to Berlin because they are required for the tax breaks given to US market car buyers. So Berlin has to import them all from China/Asia since I don't think their Berlin battery facility is built yet.

Last edited:
there is a thread about here

Uh huh..want to point it out.

I don't see how China is subject to an export disadvantage that the US isn't also getting.

However China loves to force companies to go the "Made-in-China" route with local joint ventures to get around such import taxes for their home market...maybe they should suck it up and go the "Made-in-EU" route for the EU market...like Tesla is doing with their manufacturing plant in Berlin.

:coffee:

Last edited:
Uh-oh, this will definitely trigger some people :lol:

thanks to blocking the way of Chinese companies
Using Chinese technology.
Accuse China of dumping.
😂

there is a thread about here
Europe uses Chinese technology to confront Tesla.

But Tesla used Chinese technology to occupy Europe.

Screenshot_20231023_003708.jpg

😂

Tesla's valuation is too high, correction is bound to happen. But things are not looking great. US EV inventory is high, meaning they are not buying much.

BYD is already shipping more BEV's (even discounting the PHEV). In fact BYD has barely started selling Seagull and with upcoming NA-Ion battery, nothing other than complete sanction can slow them. Tesla has to innovate, and faster.

Back
Top Bottom