What's new

The Indian MIRV Technology : An Overview

I understand your point. The thing is, when we have a 5000 km range ballistic missile, it can be launched from practically any site in the country. In case of a nuclear attack, all of our sites cannot be taken out simultaneously. And the MIRV technology will assure a 100% strike success.

That will be more then perfect. But a MIRV will have a large diameter. To accommodate them in SSBNs will need larger submarines with displacement of range 10000 Tonnes (just a random guess) rather than 6000 tonnes in arihant.

In todays world, there is accurate technology available to detect missile silos. India isnt very advanced in the field of military transportation. so whenever a missile is transported with its launchers it is liable to detected. that way india and pakistan both pretty much know the sites of these nuclear missiles. if enemy attacks first and destroys those sites. then our MIRV technology wont call for much.

SLBMs are only assured source of true second strike capability.

India is trying to get ahead in this field:guns:

:confused:

Can you pls tell us in which field Pakistan is ahead or equal? Just for example, we got an indigenous SAM system Akash as of now Pakistan don't have anything in the range of Akash. We are developing our own AWACS, we have own AESA on ship, developing long range SAM. We have IRBM, SLBM and developing ICBM.

I so very much desire that India do attain MIRV technology because it will indirectly open the gateways for Pakistan to attain such technology with legitimate concerns...& in the end our systems will prove more superior; like they always did

I so very much desire that India do attain MIRV technology because it will indirectly open the gateways for Pakistan to attain such technology with legitimate concerns...& in the end our systems will prove more superior; like they always did

yea goodluck with that :tup:

:disagree::disagree:

When Indian government want to keep smthing secret the great CIA also don have a clue about it.........for eg:-nuclear blast ,k-4/15,arihanth.If there is nothing to hide then why should we hide.Smthing are for showoff this is how internatinal ppolitics is played ....dear!!!!

A lot of announcements are for internal political reasons. So the Indian politician would tend to brag to hype up their achievements. Other countries should realize that and not take some of the announcements too seriously. So the issue is to distinguish the actual capability from the hypes. I believe India will try to develop this technology. But like anything else, it would take a while to acheive this. I was reading a book printed in 2000 and it state that India would be totally relying on Arjun tanks by 2004. We all know what happened. So do not get so excited until the thing actually get inducted.

A lot of announcements are for internal political reasons. So the Indian politician would tend to brag to hype up their achievements. Other countries should realize that and not take some of the announcements too seriously. So the issue is to distinguish the actual capability from the hypes. I believe India will try to develop this technology. But like anything else, it would take a while to acheive this. I was reading a book printed in 2000 and it state that India would be totally relying on Arjun tanks by 2004. We all know what happened. So do not get so excited until the thing actually get inducted.

We should not take previous Indian state incompetence for granted. Never underestimate your opponent.

Stay Happy with your opinion on India :tup:

We should not take previous Indian state incompetence for granted. Never underestimate your opponent.

I do not regard India as an opponent. First of all, I'm not from China. 2ndly, I actually like Indians I've met and known. So I have nothing against most Indian guys in here though a few very of egotistical and insane. So my statement just reflect on what I perceive and learn from this site and what I know to be facts. In truth, both China and India defense ability are still very backward and both need a lot of work to reach world standard. Though I have to agree that China is ahead of India in most sectors.

^^ But you seem to take a remarkable interest in the affairs of India.

Anyway, you really think anyone cares for your fatwa?

^^ But you seem to take a remarkable interest in the affairs of India.

Anyway, you really think anyone cares for your fatwa?

I got interested because of how many people like to brag and I just like to bring people down to reality before their helium filled heads fly out to outer space. I am not doing this to just Indians but to Chinese as well. But more to Indians as there are more action in the Indian section of PDF and Indians tend to brag more than the Chinese do.

Back
Top Bottom