What's new

The number of separate state movements in India

Bhairava

Reaction score
No..this is not the list of number of insurgencies or the number of states that seek independence from India.

These are the number of "to-be" states that seek re-organisation based on a number of points.

List of demand for new states in India

BTW My support for Kongu Nadu - separate state within Tamil Nadu comprising of Coimbatore,Erode,Namakkal,Karur and parts of Salem,Dharmapuri. :toast_sign:

I think smaller states can be developed in a better way than larger states but with same set of politicians its highly doubtful. Jharkand is a prime example, despite having rich mineral sources development is very slow.

My support goes to the house / colony I live in. Instead of calling it by the house / street number and calling me by my name I would like it to be called the State of whatever and I would then be the Chief Minister of my flat instead of a house owner.

Whenever we have nothing else to do we think of ways to complicate our lives further.

Creation of more states is a ploy to make more money. It helps Politicians,Babus, Policemen- the whole lot.

This call gains momentum each time elections are near.

We need to think nationally not regionally.

My support goes to the house / colony I live in. Instead of calling it by the house / street number and calling me by my name I would like it to be called the State of whatever and I would then be the Chief Minister of my flat instead of a house owner.

Whenever we have nothing else to do we think of ways to complicate our lives further.

Creation of more states is a ploy to make more money. It helps Politicians,Babus, Policemen- the whole lot.

This call gains momentum each time elections are near.

We need to think nationally not regionally.

Actually this is a ploy by all the parties together.

For example in Tamil Nadu there are two mainparties - DMK and ADMK.

Instead of looting the state alternatively,once in five years if they can get two states they can loot simultaneously..Win win for both of them. :cheers:

add one more to the list.

Saurastra movement in Gujarat.

5 supporters of Saurastra state submit their application to the 'Rajyapal'.
but its democracy, so he accepted the application and told them to forward to higher authorities.:D

Saurashtra is already there in the list buddy...

P.s.: Wish you all the best in becoming the CM of Saurashtra.Now wish me the same for Kongu Nadu.

Actually this is a ploy by all the parties together.

For example in Tamil Nadu there are two mainparties - DMK and ADMK.

Instead of looting the state alternatively,once in five years if they can get two states they can loot simultaneously..Win win for both of them. :cheers:

You should not be supporting Knogu Nadu then.

For the bad to be successful, right thinking persons have to do only one thing - nothing.

Why do we need more states yaar?

Sardar Patel unified all princely kingdoms and slowly they graduated into bigger states, now it seems we are going back in the reverse direction.

No..this is not the list of number of insurgencies or the number of states that seek independence from India.

These are the number of "to-be" states that seek re-organisation based on a number of points.

List of demand for new states in India

BTW My support for Kongu Nadu - separate state within Tamil Nadu comprising of Coimbatore,Erode,Namakkal,Karur and parts of Salem,Dharmapuri. :toast_sign:

If so these states will divide the tamilnadu geographically as more southern states like tutucorin, tirunelveli, madurai , viruthunagar, kanyakumari etc will be secluded further as the capital is far in north - chennai.

So its basically a bad idea.

:tdown::tdown::tdown:

I think its better if u guys move the state capital to a more central city like Madurai or trichy which is more accessible to all people of all parts without travelling great distances.

If so these states will divide the tamilnadu geographically as more southern states like tutucorin, tirunelveli, madurai , viruthunagar, kanyakumari etc will be secluded further as the capital is far in north - chennai.

So its basically a bad idea.

:tdown::tdown::tdown:

agree with you

We need good leaders not small states

Back
Top Bottom