What's new

The Xinjiang Problem and Pakistan

This idea was proposed last year to bring desalinized seawater from the Bohai Bay hundreds of kilometers into eastern Inner Mongolia and from there eventually extended thousands of kilometers through northern Gansu into Xinjiang. The water would be used almost exclusively for coal mining. Personally, I don't think using such desalinized water is viable for anything but a profit making venture like coal mining and it becomes increasingly dubious the further west you are. Much more viable to divert Himalayan waters northwards (would take decades) to naturally flow into Xinjiang where it could be further piped the additional hundreds/1000+ of kilometers where needed.

Bohai Sea Pipeline Could Open China’s Northern Coal Fields | Circle of Blue WaterNews

They've been talking about the Karakoram (Pakistan-China) Railway for over 10 years and haven't even set a date to begin construction of the rail let alone the oil & gas pipelines. This looks like it will only complete in the 2020s. That is way too long. Southern Xinjiang needs to develop in lock step with the rest of China. Besides, even if the Khunjerab Railway and oil&gas pipelines were already built, it still wouldn't be enough to bring southern Xinjiang reasonably close to China's economic average. What is required is for large infrastructure works to develop business links with the rest of China as well as increased education & health subsidies. Only then can southern Xinjiang hope to break out of its current near medieval state.

its too remote. there's nothing that can be done. evacuate the population and use it to dump industrial waste. invest 100 million into a dedicated waste rail link, dig an underground containment bunker and just pump trash down. it is shameful that Chinese cities still have landfills yet we have so many deserts that we can dump waste into.

its too remote. there's nothing that can be done. evacuate the population and use it to dump industrial waste. invest 100 million into a dedicated waste rail link, dig an underground containment bunker and just pump trash down. it is shameful that Chinese cities still have landfills yet we have so many deserts that we can dump waste into.
It's cheaper to dump that way, otherwise even the richest countries would do what you just said, which they don't since they also dump almost all their urban solid waste into landfills outside their cities. Concerning southern Xinjiang, I agree with the relocation idea. That's what China has been doing in impoverished mountain areas that have no hope of development. They should consider relocating the entire population along the southern edge of the Tarim Basin from east of Hotan to settlements throughout the remaining populated parts of Xinjiang.

this idea i like: any infrastructure we want to build there will see its cost balloon in face of turkic terrorist threat, which means anything we want to do there we must first exterminate turkicism and terrorism. if we don't want to turn up the level of policing, we should opt for industrial waste dump - not terribly profitable, but not terribly costly either.

---------- Post added at 12:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 PM ----------

It's cheaper to dump that way, otherwise even the richest countries would do what you just said, which they don't since they also dump almost all their urban solid waste into landfills outside their cities.

probably nuclear waste that is expensive to dump next to cities in spite of (or because of) proximity?

I think China should look towards releasing this state and letting it become a Muslim State like others. As many people have heard that the West has step up to free Tibet and Xinjiang will take advantage of the situation.

I think the idea of autonomous regions within the borders of a sovereign state is where the trouble lies. It may sound warm and fuzzy and give that region a sense of individualism but really does it really work? I dont believe so, if you give people a metre they will take a mile. Its just human nature to want to associate yourself with like minded people. As they say birds of a feather flock together. China would be better off ditching all its autonomous regions and bringing everybody together under a central rule. If they can really make an effort to draft laws that safeguards all the various groups rights then it doesnt give people a reason to complain. It puts the balls squarely back in the other persons court.

I think the idea of autonomous regions within the borders of a sovereign state is where the trouble lies. It may sound warm and fuzzy and give that region a sense of individualism but really does it really work? I dont believe so, if you give people a metre they will take a mile. Its just human nature to want to associate yourself with like minded people. As they say birds of a feather flock together. China would be better off ditching all its autonomous regions and bringing everybody together under a central rule. If they can really make an effort to draft laws that safeguards all the various groups rights then it doesnt give people a reason to complain. It puts the balls squarely back in the other persons court.

they're basically run as provinces anyways, its just a name. This was picked up after Russia, which gave "republics" to all the minorities. i think the best idea would to break Tibet up and give the pieces to Qinghai, Gansu, Sichuan, Xinjiang and a new, much smaller "Tibet". Then break Xinjiang up into pieces for Ningxia, Qinghai, Gansu, Inner Mongolia, Shaanxi and a reduced Xinjiang centered on Kashgar.

I think China should look towards releasing this state and letting it become a Muslim State like others. As many people have heard that the West has step up to free Tibet and Xinjiang will take advantage of the situation.

Xinjiang is Han Chinese land, why should we let them set up a country on our land?
If they really want to establish their own country, they can go to west Asia for help.

---------- Post added at 04:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 PM ----------

they're basically run as provinces anyways, its just a name. This was picked up after Russia, which gave "republics" to all the minorities. i think the best idea would to break Tibet up and give the pieces to Qinghai, Gansu, Sichuan, Xinjiang and a new, much smaller "Tibet". Then break Xinjiang up into pieces for Ningxia, Qinghai, Gansu, Inner Mongolia, Shaanxi and a reduced Xinjiang centered on Kashgar.

Xinjiang should be changed into Xiyu Province. and the south and north part can be divided into two seperate provinces.

The Pakistani Taliban are the enemies of both Pakistan & Iran, as well as other neighboring countries. So I don't see a problem, we know that the Pakistani Taliban is helping groups like the IMU, Al-Qaeda, ETIM etc; & Pakistan is pounding them hard with constant offensives.

So a new wave of conspiracy theoris,
america is sponsoring xinjiang trouble makers, good one.

New Wave of conspiracy theory? isnt US supporting Jindullah against iran??? if they can arm. train Jindullah against Iran, than they are surely supporting Xinjiang extremists against China... :).. they will go to any extend .....

Kashmir was Muslim Land, not like xinjiang which was Han land

The word Kashmir is an ancient Sanskrit word which literally means Land of Kashyap Rishi. Kashyap Rishi was a Saraswat Brahmin and one of the Saptarshis, who was key in formalizing the ancient Historical Vedic Religion. Very Islamic indeed.

give up 20% of Chinese land? what a lovely proposal!

---------- Post added at 04:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

The Pakistani Taliban are the enemies of both Pakistan & Iran, as well as other neighboring countries. So I don't see a problem, we know that the Pakistani Taliban is helping groups like the IMU, Al-Qaeda, ETIM etc; & Pakistan is pounding them hard with constant offensives.

I don't think Pakistan is work hard on dealing with such threat. It is damaging the Sino-Pakistani relationship.

Back
Top Bottom