What's new

Theranos Trial: Pakistan-born Indian-American Tech Exec Convicted of Fraud

That woman looks like Zuckerberg.

IMG_20220709_163131.jpg

People should watch that movie they made for her. She is the daughter of an ENRON executive who went through humongous trauma.

Like Father like Daughter. ENRON was once the biggest financial scandal in the US before Lehman Brothers and the 2008 collapse made people forget. Practically all ENRON executives wwre involved in the scam -- which actually entangled Andersen consulting and led to its dissolution. Theranos was nothing compared to what dad had a hand in. lol

Braah are you kidding me lol ? She is ugly 🤣

And beauty .... just look at the size of her chin and jaw.

Don't you look at models in India?? :lol:

Or is every gora girl considered a beauty in India?

Anyway, to each his own I guess....

15 kilos more on her and she will look nice.

She has no brain - Sunny was the brains and the driving force (of the lies).

She supposedly has charm, enough to get influential people into the company or support it.

And then the gravelly manly voice.

Isn't that a put on ?

People should watch that movie they made for her. She is the daughter of an ENRON executive who went through humongous trauma.

The one with the lovely Amanda Seyfried ? I have watched YT interviews of Amanda about it. The commentors said that they didn't expect sweet Amanda to play that role and they said that she was convincing.

Why use the word Pakistan with it? Was it the intellectual dishonesty or the moral bankrucpy? He is a fuckin Indian American, this is who he was, not a Pakistani. Trying to make a connection where there is none only highlights what we already know, INTELLECTUAL DISHONESTY!

Isn't that a put on ?

The one with the lovely Amanda Seyfried ? I have watched YT interviews of Amanda about it. The commentors said that they didn't expect sweet Amanda to play that role and they said that she was convincing.

The voice was normal when she was a student in Stanford, she "developed" a Baritone voice so she could be more (ahem) "convincing" to investors.

I guess with the right ingredients, chops (and charms, like you say) you could convince anybody of a lie. Including wall street investors.

Amanda was the one - you are right. She was great in that HULU story. Dead ringer.

That woman looks like Zuckerberg.

View attachment 860217

Yeah put a wig and a Mumu on him - convincing! He should've played the girl in that HULU movie. :lol:

So was it the Pakistani genes or the Indian influence that got him to do all of that?
Or was it simply the worst of both worlds?
at the end, he barely spent 3 years in India and is more Pakistani than Indian but then why consider that to have an impact?
He was in the states as well and its a combo of the company we keep that creates the man.
Indian or Pakistani, it doesn't matter. He was a horrible person from top to bottom. He was Holmes's hatchet man. I would recommend reading the book Bad Blood.

Why use the word Pakistan with it? Was it the intellectual dishonesty or the moral bankrucpy? He is a fuckin Indian American, this is who he was, not a Pakistani. Trying to make a connection where there is none only highlights what we already know, INTELLECTUAL DISHONESTY!
I liked it
but apparently, he was a member of the Pakistan student association in University of Texas and was patriotic towards Pakistan atleast in his university days, went to Imran khans high school on top of that
Till here he is Pakistani as it gets

But his family moved to India in the 80s and after 3 years from there to US, maybe they wanted US citizenship and claiming persecution was an easier way to get in, dk but at least before his professional career he identified as a Pakistani

most Sindhi Hindus from what I know identify as Sindhi first, then Hindu than Pakistani

between you and me, because of his shady dealings Id rather call him Indian ....

hypocrisy but whatever :lol: sorry sunny bhai

Last edited:
I liked it
but apparently, he was a member of the Pakistan student association in University of Texas and was patriotic towards Pakistan atleast in his university days, went to Imran khans high school on top of that
Till here he is Pakistani as it gets

But his family moved to India in the 80s and after 3 years from there to US, maybe they wanted US citizenship and claiming persecution was an easier way to get in, dk but at least before his professional career he identified as a Pakistani

most Sindhi Hindus from what I know identify as Sindhi first, then Hindu than Pakistani

between you and me, because of his shady dealings Id rather call him Indian ....

hypocrisy but whatever :lol: sorry sunny bhai
Well, she got 11, I think Sunny will get more, because she is white and a she. And he is a POS (Yes, I know what I type) and is a he. Plus I am pretty sure she is going to put everything on him, it's not a good strategy to go last on one of those case.

But then the definition of their "Hard Time" is they don't get to go to spa and bar on the weekend. Minimum FCP is like a holiday resort, and the reason why they were there is because they just got greedy and wouldn't play ball.

In yet another blow to Silicon Valley's "fake it till you make it" mantra, a federal jury has convicted former Theranos executive Ramesh "Sunny" Balwani on all 12 counts of fraud. Balwani was born in 1965 in Pakistan to a Sindhi Hindu family. He attended Aitchison College, a prestigious prep school in Lahore that is also the alma mater of former Prime Minister Imran Khan of Pakistan. His family emigrated to India in 1984 and then to the United States in 1987. He studied at the University of Texas at Austin and University of California at Berkeley. His one-time girlfriend and partner Elizabeth Holmes, the founder of Theranos, was convicted on similar charges earlier this year. Both face up to 20 years in prison.
Elizabeth Holmes (L) and Sunny Balwani of Theranos

"Fake it till you make it" is a well-known phrase in Silicon Valley. It means to consciously cultivate an attitude, feeling, or perception of competence that you don't currently have by pretending you do until it becomes true. Holmes and Balwani claimed to have developed a proprietary blood-testing technology to produce results with just a few drops of blood from a finger prick, eliminating the need for large needles and vials of blood. They used this false claim to defraud unsuspecting investors, including VCs, of more than a billion US dollars.
Balwani, 57, ran the company’s lab, where the blood testing occurred, and was quick to rebuff and sometimes fire employees who raised concerns about the performance of Theranos technology, prosecutors and witnesses said. He was responsible for the financial models given to investors that greatly exaggerated revenue, prosecutors said, and he managed the company’s partnership with Walgreens Boots Alliance Inc., in which the startup would offer its finger-prick tests inside the drugstore chain, according to the Wall Street Journal.
Balwani is a technology industry veteran. He has worked in the software industry, including at Lotus Software and Microsoft Corp., but much of his wealth is derived from CommerceBid.com, an e-commerce startup that was acquired by CommerceOne, led by Pakistani-American entrepreneur Asim Abdullah, for $228 million. Karachi-born Asim Abdullah now owns the fashion house of Emmanuel Ungaro.
Related Links:

Haq's Musings

South Asia Investor Review

Indian-American COVID19 Researchers Face Fraud Charges

Indian-American Operator Charged With Fraud By US Federal Prosecutors

India and Pakistan Among Top Sources of Foreign Medical Professionals

Howdy Modi Rally Exposes Indian-Americans to Hypocrisy Charges

Silicon Valley India-American Congressman Rejects Hindutva, Joins Pakistan Caucus

H1-B Visa Abuse By Indian-American Body Shops

Silicon Valley Indian-American Congressman Ro Khanna Defeats Pro-Modi Candidate

Riaz Haq's Youtube Channel

PakAlumni Social Network

I love how he became "Pakistani born". If he had done something positive it would have been Indian American. Funny.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom