What's new

Thread management in Bangladesh Defence section

kalu_miah

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
First of all, let me thank the admin team of PDF to allow us Bangladeshi's to have our own section. We appreciate your generosity.

Now as for the topic, I would like to discuss with fellow Bangladeshi posters how to get a little more organized in managing our threads. I would like to suggest that we subdivide our important issues and have a thread for each issue/subject and continue discussions of news flash or new developments in these existing threads. I know there are sticky threads, may be we can have a more sticky threads or even without making them sticky we should be able to have most of our important discussions organized in a few threads. Here is an example:

Bangladesh domestic/internal matters
Bangladesh-India relations
Bangladesh-US relations
Bangladesh-EU relations
Bangladesh-China relations
Bangladesh-ASEAN relations
Bangladesh-Myanmar relations
Bangladesh-Japan and South Korea relations (alternatively we can eliminate Myanmar, ASEAN, Japan and South Korea threads and just have one ASEAN+ thread)
Bangladesh-GCC relations (or GCC+)
Bangladesh-African Union relations
Bangladesh-Russia (or Eurasia+ relations, which will include, Pakistan, Iran, Afghanistan, Mongolia and former Soviet states)

What say you?

PS, let non-Bangladeshi's post random threads, we can ask the mod to move these into existing threads

Bangladesh-Russia (or Eurasia+ relations, which will include, Pakistan, Iran, Afghanistan, Mongolia and former Soviet states)

What say you?

I didn't know Pakistan was part of Russia. If so then Bangladesh was also part of that region. NO~~

First of all, let me thank the admin team of PDF to allow us Bangladeshi's to have our own section. We appreciate your generosity.

Now as for the topic, I would like to discuss with fellow Bangladeshi posters how to get a little more organized in managing our threads. I would like to suggest that we subdivide our important issues and have a thread for each issue/subject and continue discussions of news flash or new developments in these existing threads. I know there are sticky threads, may be we can have a more sticky threads or even without making them sticky we should be able to have most of our important discussions organized in a few threads. Here is an example:

Bangladesh domestic/internal matters
Bangladesh-India relations
Bangladesh-US relations
Bangladesh-EU relations
Bangladesh-China relations
Bangladesh-ASEAN relations
Bangladesh-Myanmar relations
Bangladesh-Japan and South Korea relations (alternatively we can eliminate Myanmar, ASEAN, Japan and South Korea threads and just have one ASEAN+ thread)
Bangladesh-GCC relations (or GCC+)
Bangladesh-African Union relations

What say you?

PS, let non-Bangladeshi's post random threads, we can ask the mod to move these into existing threads

Come on dude lets not make it difficult. I hope this does not turn and bite my own a**

The current thread creation goes like this:

- one of us Bangladeshi's or some Indian thinks that some news is worth discussing, they post the full article and people respond with their comments, once people are tired of commenting on this issue, the attention is diverted then to the next hot topic
- this is ok, but it fails to carry a continuous policy discussion about our foreign policy or other policy matters which is affected and shaped by events being unfolded on the world stage
- having so many temporary threads based on a single news item means that we loose all the comments and information about it in a sea of thousands and thousands of threads

What I am suggesting is that we have a limited number of threads where we carry on some discussions and then organize the news and events in these threads, in stead of reacting to every little bits and pieces of news about Bangladesh.

Of course its just a suggestion to improve the current method of managing our flow of discussions, if people are happy with what we have now, then who am I to say anything.

No dis respect meant but there must be a definite end state for threads to do with BD - they just dont end.

Mods wont have enough time managing the sub sections. I think two sub section will suffice.
Bangladesh defence - only news related to bangladesh armed forces goes here.
Bangladesh-etc - India, munafiq awami league, cow, BSF, RAW, bangladesh building spaceship to visit mars etc goes here.

One suggestion would be not letting indians making comments in Bangladeshi sub forum. That will end lots of non sense and headache for Mods.

I think it's fine the way it is now, BD section is the most entertaining section of pdf, I hope there won't be any change, it's a great source of laughter for a lot of us, let it remain as it is.

I think we should at least show appreciation to kalu_miah for raising the issue and suggesting a solution. The Bangladesh section is indeed a mess. The Indians, however, cannot be blamed entirely for this disorganization and haphazard way we discuss threads on this section. The section I think resembles the Dhaka traffic system and it is essentially us Bangladeshis that have created that mess as well. I think instead of criticizing kalu_miah we should seriously look at the points he made and possibly simplify his suggestions to make it workable.

I think we should at least show appreciation to kalu_miah for raising the issue and suggesting a solution. The Bangladesh section is indeed a mess. The Indians, however, cannot be blamed entirely for this disorganization and haphazard way we discuss threads on this section. The section I think resembles the Dhaka traffic system and it is essentially us Bangladeshis that have created that mess as well. I think instead of criticizing kalu_miah we should seriously look at the points he made and possibly simplify his suggestions to make it workable.
But who will moderate so many subsections. There are only few mods, and they are always busy. More subsection, more headache for them.

One suggestion would be not letting indians making comments in Bangladeshi sub forum. That will end lots of non sense and headache for Mods.
I second on it and vehemently advocate on outing Indians from BD's related thread. On a related note, with some tweaking Kalu Bhai's suggestion is acceptable IMO.

Back
Top Bottom