What's new

Toddler’s death raises new questions about human costs of China’s zero-Covid measures

Try harder to spit your lies against China :enjoy:

Lies?? LOL at all your over-offense of this article.

Are you denying the gas incident happened...that is the bottom line...not who published it.

Here are the "lies" from China Daily...
logo.png

The Lanzhou emergency center in Northwest China's Gansu province said on Wednesday it was investigating whether there was any shortcoming in the response that caused the death of a 3-year-old from carbon monoxide poisoning.

The screenshot of phone records provided by the child's father showed that he made six calls to the emergency medical number from 12:15 pm to 1:06 pm after noticing the poisoning of his child on Tuesday.

The father said no ambulance came after the phone calls, so he and his wife took their child on a taxi to the hospital.

The incident went viral online and netizens questioned whether the local emergency center responded to the situation properly and promptly.

According to a statement issued by the Qilihe branch of Lanzhou Public Security Bureau, police received a report asking for help at 1:43 pm on Tuesday, and the caller said two people had fainted at his home in Shangxiyuan of Qilihe district, including one child who was not breathing.

After receiving the report, the branch immediately sent police to the scene to deal with the situation and helped the caller to send the two victims to the hospital for treatment at 1:57 pm, but the child died after the rescue failed to save him, it said.

The investigation showed that the cause of death was carbon monoxide poisoning caused by improper use of a liquefied gas cooker, said the report.

The caller, the father of the dead child, told Jiankang Daily, a health-related news hub run by the People's Daily, that he found his wife and son had symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning around noon on Tuesday, and then he dialed the emergency medical number 120 several times, but no ambulance arrived.

Then the couple took a taxi and arrived at the hospital at around 2:30 pm.

Everything is a lie against my China!

Everything is a lie against
my China!

young-asian-man-covering-ears-with-hands-hear-no-evil-three-wise-monkeys-moral-concept-scared-teenager-with-closed-eyes-showing-no-noise-gesture-front-view-studio-medium-shot_482257-51179.jpg

just keep repeating it with your eyes closed and ears covered and you will feel better. Maybe the Chinese Government will fix such treachery by having the writer’s head stomped into the ground.

Last edited:
Lies?? LOL at all your over-offense of this article.

Are you denying the gas incident happened...that is the bottom line...not who published it.

Here are the "lies" from China Daily...
logo.png

The Lanzhou emergency center in Northwest China's Gansu province said on Wednesday it was investigating whether there was any shortcoming in the response that caused the death of a 3-year-old from carbon monoxide poisoning.

The screenshot of phone records provided by the child's father showed that he made six calls to the emergency medical number from 12:15 pm to 1:06 pm after noticing the poisoning of his child on Tuesday.

The father said no ambulance came after the phone calls, so he and his wife took their child on a taxi to the hospital.

The incident went viral online and netizens questioned whether the local emergency center responded to the situation properly and promptly.

According to a statement issued by the Qilihe branch of Lanzhou Public Security Bureau, police received a report asking for help at 1:43 pm on Tuesday, and the caller said two people had fainted at his home in Shangxiyuan of Qilihe district, including one child who was not breathing.

After receiving the report, the branch immediately sent police to the scene to deal with the situation and helped the caller to send the two victims to the hospital for treatment at 1:57 pm, but the child died after the rescue failed to save him, it said.

The investigation showed that the cause of death was carbon monoxide poisoning caused by improper use of a liquefied gas cooker, said the report.

The caller, the father of the dead child, told Jiankang Daily, a health-related news hub run by the People's Daily, that he found his wife and son had symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning around noon on Tuesday, and then he dialed the emergency medical number 120 several times, but no ambulance arrived.

Then the couple took a taxi and arrived at the hospital at around 2:30 pm.

Everything is a lie against
my China!

young-asian-man-covering-ears-with-hands-hear-no-evil-three-wise-monkeys-moral-concept-scared-teenager-with-closed-eyes-showing-no-noise-gesture-front-view-studio-medium-shot_482257-51179.jpg

just keep repeating it with your eyes closed and ears covered and you will feel better.
Because before it was even investigated, you already made the judgement 1000miles away.

Screenshot_20221124_095550_com.android.chrome.jpg

12'000 dead Americans on 11 Nov is not a lie btw, and 90'000 dead Muricans since the ridiculed Shanghai lockdown is also not a lie. 1'090'000 dead Muricans since the laughed at Wuhan 2020 lockdown is also not a lie. When we told US it was severe, you laughed, and then say it was vape induced pneomonia. Hell wr should have nit sequenced it and just call it vape induced pneumonia. Funny how vape us not blamed for pneumonia anymore now. Lol

scmp_logo_facebook_share_600x310.png

• Anguished father says his son was dying from gas poisoning while he pleaded with local authorities for help
  • Three-year-old’s death is latest in string of heart-wrenching cases where urgent treatments were denied due to Covid protocols
The death of a three-year-old boy in a district under lockdown in the city of Lanzhou has sparked fresh anger about the human cost of China’s strict zero-Covid-19 policy. The measures, which have included erratic and lengthy lockdowns, have been linked to a series of deaths across the country.

The death, which happened on Tuesday in the capital of the northwestern province of Gansu, came to light after the father made a series of online posts on Weibo, China’s version of Twitter.

Tuo Shilei wrote that the drama began around noon when he had discovered his wife unconscious in their home. He tried to call an ambulance while trying to save her and after about 20 minutes, Tuo was able to resuscitate her.

Soon after, Tuo discovered that their son was lying on a bed unconscious.

After unsuccessfully attempting to use the same emergency procedure to revive the boy, Tuo said he tried several times to call for ambulances, the police and his community centre but was unable to get help.
An ambulance that had been dispatched 40 minutes earlier for his wife had still not arrived.

With the help of some neighbours, Tuo was able to climb over a compound barrier and then tried to seek help at a nearby checkpoint, but was refused and told to continue calling for an ambulance.

“At that time my kid was still breathing,” Tuo wrote on Weibo.
Finally, Tuo was able to find a taxi with help from police and residents.

About 10 minutes later, Tuo and his son arrived at a hospital, but it was too late. The boy was pronounced dead at 3pm, according to a report by Caixin. His wife was later treated at the same hospital and is in stable condition.

“If my kid could have been sent to the hospital earlier, he might have been saved,” Tuo said on Weibo.

As of Wednesday evening, Tuo said the local authorities had not contacted him. “I hope the community can give me a direct response. Why did they not let me go into an emergency centre? Why did they ask me to wait for the senior officials to be notified?” he asked.
In recent weeks, Lanzhou has seen a Covid-19 flare-up, and the family’s home is within a locked down area. On Tuesday, the city did not log any positive cases, but did record 51 asymptomatic infections, 29 of which were in Qilihe district, where the family lives.

In a statement on Tuesday, the local police said that “improper use of a liquefied gas stove has caused the death by carbon monoxide poisoning”.
In their latest statement on Thursday, Lanzhou authorities conceded the death had exposed “poor handling of the incident, weak emergency response capabilities and a rigid work style”, but did not admit any wrongdoing. An investigation was continuing, they said.

They said their investigation showed that a call for an ambulance got through at 12.18pm, but the ambulance had not been dispatched until 1.44pm, and that medical staff had tried to help Tuo online.

On Tuesday, Lanzhou authorities said that local officials should not oversimplify procedures and should avoid a one-size-fits-all approach to pandemic control, adding their attitudes should not be blunt and indifferent, a local party newspaper reported.
The boy’s death has sparked another round of online debate about the hefty cost of China’s stringent zero-Covid policy, and the pressure local officials are under to contain the highly infectious disease.

“Under pandemic controls, it is difficult to leave the home and the community. Even when you finally reach the hospital, it’s hard to get in without various nucleic acid requirements,” wrote one Weibo user.

“The epidemic outbreak has made it difficult to seek medical treatment numerous times … It’s really a repeated lesson [unlearned],” said another user.
The tragedy has also reignited public fear and anger about a string of deaths earlier this year that happened in other cities that were under lockdown.
In March, Zhou Shengni, a nurse at Shanghai East Hospital, went to her own hospital for help while struggling to breathe after an asthma attack. She died after being turned away because the emergency department was closed for disinfection.
In April, while Shanghai was placed under a two-month lockdown, Chen Shunping, a 71-year-old violinist, suffered from acute pancreatitis. Two hospitals refused to admit the man due to Covid-19 restrictions or closures. That night, Chen committed suicide by jumping from his residential building because he “could not stand the pain”, according to a note he left for his family.
Earlier in January, when Xian in central Shaanxi province was battling an outbreak, two pregnant women lost their babies after coronavirus-related restrictions delayed their treatment.
Both were kept waiting despite bleeding, and were then refused entry to the hospitals because they did not have valid Covid-19 test results, or because they lived in a “closed-loop management area”. By the time they were finally admitted, they had already lost their babies.
Xian has sacked or suspended several staff at the hospitals, and has since revised its Covid-19 rules to allow healthcare facilities to provide “green lanes” to pregnant women and patients with critical illnesses. Residential compounds have reportedly started to keep records of pregnant women.

Xinlu Liang
Xinlu Liang
One death VS over one million

微信图片_20221125004721.png

One death VS over one million

View attachment 900124

I'm glad you feel Hong Kong media should always keep in mind the relevance of the US in anything they report since the importance of Chinese lives should always be treated as secondary to stories about Westerners which should always be the world's primary focus when it comes to news. Even Chinese people shouldn't care about Chinese people. I don't know why they even read the local news...if it isn't about a super rosey story then it's just a lie and the person writing it should be condemned and shot.

Last edited:
I'm glad you feel Hong Kong media should always keep in mind the relevance of the US in anything they report since the importance of Chinese lives should always be treated as secondary to stories about Westerners which should always be the world's primary focus when it comes to news. Even Chinese people shouldn't care about Chinese people. I don't know why they even read the local news...if it isn't about a super rosey story then it's just a lie and the person writing it should be condemned and shot.
Where the hell did you get this fk idea? you've stayed in your fantasy world for too long I guess

Oh I’m sorry this was just another Whataboutism reply by you not the “this is a western lie” reply.
Sometime you have to compare to find if something is worth it. but what did you get your funny idea the the west should always be primary focus?

12'000 dead Americans on 11 Nov is not a lie btw, and 90'000 dead Muricans since the ridiculed Shanghai lockdown is also not a lie. 1'090'000 dead Muricans since the laughed at Wuhan 2020 lockdown is also not a lie. When we told US it was severe, you laughed, and then say it was vape induced pneomonia. Hell wr should have nit sequenced it and just call it vape induced pneumonia. Funny how vape us not blamed for pneumonia anymore now. Lol
It's nothing, US reduced their population's life expectancy by 2 years in 2 years by successfully handling the covid.

46219984450fb0228f4f9615f539a916.png

Oh I’m sorry this was just another Whataboutism reply by you not the “this is a western lie” reply.
We have 1.4bil ppl, could there have been incompetence at the grassroot level? Yes of course. HOWEVER, the official policy is zero covid cannot restrict healthcare for chronic illnesses, we managed to provide it even during the worst time. But you guys openly forget your incompetence of getting 1.09mil people killed and yet point the finger at us when there is ONE death.
Screenshot_20221125_132052_com.android.chrome.jpg

967 deaths yesterday fanboy! Wake up.

It's nothing, US reduced their population's life expectancy by 2 years in 2 years by successfully handling the covid.

46219984450fb0228f4f9615f539a916.png
These cheerleaders fail to see the elephant in the room but can see the sand in our eyes. Chinese government had far better organizational skills abd executive ability. Buggers didn't even have masks for nurses until we started exporting them large scale.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom