What's new

Top 10 fighter jets

My list of the best MODERN aircrafts, based on a number of factors like cost effectiveness, numbers inducted, combat experience, pilot friendliness, etc:
1)F-22: Arguably the most advanced plane, does most of the flying itself, extremely expensive, virtually undetectable.
2)F-18: Fast, agile, true dog fighter,extremely successful, good kill ratio
3)F-16: World's most popular aircraft, most units produced since WWII, tested in many theaters of war, multi-role aircraft but just as good in bombing/air-superiority role.
4)EF-2000: True performer, amongst the finest avionics,not combat tested, too expensive.
5)Su-30: Dog fighter to the bone, extremely maneuverable, thrust vectoring gives it EAoA.
6)F-15: Dedicated air-superiority aircraft, variable sweep wing function allows maximum control in various conditions, 100 to 0 dogfight kill rate.
7)Mig-29: Like all Migs, Cost effective, simple, hardcore, with the qualities of a true air-superiority, worthy adversary for the likes of F-14, F-15.

These are all I can think of at the moment. Will update as soon as anything comes to mind.

Bison with GODS OWN ISRAELI AVIONICS AND A HUNDRED YEAR OLD AIRFRAME,ENGINE as per indians is superior to F-16....F-1,F-16,rafael etc are not in the league of mig-29K either.
Jaguars and harriers also are superior.

AMCA would kill Raptor even before it takes of......

Like ur jf-17 & f-7 & a-5 can strike USA and come back safely :blink::what::azn::woot::devil::hang2:

My list of the best MODERN aircrafts, based on a number of factors like cost effectiveness, numbers inducted, combat experience, pilot friendliness, etc:
1)F-22: Arguably the most advanced plane, does most of the flying itself, extremely expensive, virtually undetectable.
3)F-16: World's most popular aircraft, most units produced since WWII, tested in many theaters of war, multi-role aircraft but just as good in bombing/air-superiority role.
4)EF-2000: True performer, amongst the finest avionics,not combat tested, too expensive.
5)Su-30: Dog fighter to the bone, extremely maneuverable, thrust vectoring gives it EAoA.
6)F-15: Dedicated air-superiority aircraft, variable sweep wing function allows maximum control in various conditions, 100 to 0 dogfight kill rate.
7)Mig-29: Like all Migs, Cost effective, simple, hardcore, with the qualities of a true air-superiority, worthy adversary for the likes of F-14, F-15.

These are all I can think of at the moment. Will update as soon as anything comes to mind.

What about that sir?
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Are you high?

Slight correction, sir. The F-15 is fixed-wing. The F-14 is variable.

I'd put the F-15 higher on the list, but that's just me.

Slight correction, sir. The F-15 is fixed-wing. The F-14 is variable.

I'd put the F-15 higher on the list, but that's just me.

Oh, my bad....I understand that you have been an F-15 pilot, perhaps you can tell me something about the aircraft ? I would be very thankful.
BTW, do you agree with my placement of the F-16 ? Because MAFIAN GOD thinks I placed the F-16 higher on the list on basis of jingoism.......

What about that sir?
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Are you high?

Are you high is a very vague term, I would appreciate if you expand on why you believe the F-16 does not deserve that spot, I have given the reasons, feel free to refute but at least do so on some logical grounds..........

I think You should have placed Su 30 over F 16

I've mentioned many times, the F-16 is a superb and very under-rated aircraft. Aerodynamically, it was decades ahead, and continuous upgrades have kept it competitive. F-16 + AIM-120 = highly lethal BVR fighter that can also bomb day, night, all-weather. I've seen them drop bombs, pop up, and swing to air to air.

We discussed this in some detail on the "Best BVR fighter" thread... radar and weapons' extreme ranges are two of the most often-discussed and overrated means of evaluating a fighter. Whether an F-15 or Su-30 can see you at 300km or 200km means little. It is what the jet can do within the weapons' bubble that surrounds it - THAT is what is important. And that bubble is not defined by the absolute extreme, max range of the missile. Like a marksman trying to shoot a target at 2,000 meters with a 7.62 mm rifle. Theoretically, if the bullet hits, it'll kill, but the odds of hitting are very, very slim.

The most important features in a modern fighter are (IMO)

1) Sensor suite - if you can't see, you cannot engage. If you can't detect, you cannot defend
1a) RCS goes hand in hand with #1
2) weapons' reliability and Pk
3) Integration of the cockpit, the human-machine interface
4) Range. You can never have too much fuel. It depletes in an eye blink
5) Acceleration/power
6) Maneuverability. Note how low on the list this is. The need for hyper-maneuverability is vanishing. What you need is acceptable maneuverability, but thrust-vectoring and canards don't do squat when missiles are flying from 10 to 80 km.

All of this assumes mechanical reliability. Poor reliability ruins all of these features.

1. F22 is the best no dispute only operational 5th gen fighter

2.Typhoon best operational late 4 gen fighter or Rafael best multi role late gen figter or F18 E/F USA carrier borne elite fighter with AESA and best smart
sensors

3rd F16/60 best ever F16 BUILT WITH apg80 and better range and payload

4th SU30 MKI best operational Flanker ever built with French & Israeli jammers etc.

5th J10 from China best fighter ever built by PLAAF looks like a euro canard but the avionics and missles have russian and israeli infuence.

Soon this list will change withy Gripen NG F35 lightening and SU35 super flankers ie next 3-5 years.

here my list based on current aircrafts in operational
1:F 22
2:EF Typoon
3:RAFALE
4:F/A 18E/F block 2
5:SU 30mki/mkm/SU 35BM
6:F 15E/SG/K
7:F 16 Block 60
8:JAS-39D
9:MIRAGE 2000-9
10:J 10B & MIG 29M/SMT
now end of discussion ,hope everyone happy here.

here my list based on current aircrafts in operational
1:F 22
2:EF Typoon
3:RAFALE
4:F/A 18E/F block 2
5:SU 30mki/mkm/SU 35BM
6:F 15E/SG/K
7:F 16 Block 60
8:JAS-39D
9:MIRAGE 2000-9
10:J 10B & MIG 29M/SMT
now end of discussion ,hope everyone happy here.

Indians will never accept F-16blk 52 superior to even mig 29:rofl: or mirage 2000-9 ........ let alone GODS CREATIONS SU-30.

Everything starts at SU-30 and ends at L.C.A

Indians will never accept F-16blk 52 superior to even mig 29:rofl: or mirage 2000-9 ........ let alone GODS CREATIONS SU-30.

Everything starts at SU-30 and ends at L.C.A

deko agar mein shabhi ko yaha list mein place dene lag gaya toh the list will never seems ending ....:cheesy:

Back
Top Bottom