What's new

Train travel changing for the worse in Naya Pakistan

maithil

Reaction score
Country
India
The current government may be boasting about its ‘exemplary performance’ of launching seven new trains but the Pakistan Railways has actually returned to the days where a delay of three or four hours in the arrival and departure of trains has become a norm.

During the tenure of the previous government, the punctuality of trains stood between 70% and 80%. Now it has come down to 30% to 35%.

Train passengers in Karachi, Lahore, Rawalpindi, Multan, Peshawar, Quetta, Sukkur and other cities are forced to wait for hours at the stations.

The factors that have contributed to the delays are the frequent malfunctioning of the locomotives because of the overburdened railways operations and lack of maintenance of trains.

The trains which were preferred by passengers for their exemplary timings — Tezgam, Awam Express, Pakistan Express, Shalimar Express and Rehman Baba Express – are now late on a regular basis.

There have also been several complaints of fans and air-conditioners malfunctioning in the trains now.

On June 20, three people were killed and several others injured when the Jinnah Express rammed into a freight train in Hyderabad.

Earlier this month, a cargo train derailed near the Rohri Railway Station yard, temporarily shutting down the track between Karachi and Lahore.

The derailment affected train operations on the up line. A day before that, another train derailed in Sukkur, suspending rail traffic between Karachi and Lahore.

In addition to the Pakistan Railways suffering financial losses, incidents of train derailment are also increasing and passengers are facing extreme difficulties.

The shortage of bogies is affecting its operations.

Passengers staged a protest at the Lahore railway station this month against the shortage of bogies in the Karachi-bound Shalimar Express and the Rawalpindi-bound Rawalpindi Express.

Railways Minister Sheikh Rashid recently told reporters that in the wake of recent hike in oil prices, fares of economy class would be increased by up to Rs100 from July 1, while an increase of 6% to 7% would be witnessed in other classes.

He said the charges were being revised as the department was facing an additional burden of Rs3billion because of an increase in oil prices in the international market.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/2003687/1-train-travel-changing-worse-naya-pakistan/

In Imran Khan's own words. Nobody would even make Sheikh Rasheed a chaprasi, he's ineligible to even become a chaprasi.

And he's been made a Railway Minister so you can expect the results that you're seeing.

Ok here is hardcore PTI supporter response.
1-It's due to past Government.
2-Tribune is equal to patwari news.
3-That's lie my chacha ka mama ka taya kai mali ka beta kai dost ka padosi kal he giya thaa train sai karachi,train theek time par station sai rawani hoi aur time sai pehley karachi pohanch gai.
4-OP is a Bharati.

Ok here is hardcore PTI supporter response.
1-It's due to past Government.
2-Tribune is equal to patwari news.
3-That's lie my chacha ka mama ka taya kai mali ka beta kai dost ka padosi kal he giya thaa train sai karachi,train theek time par station sai rawani hoi aur time sai pehley karachi pohanch gai.
4-OP is a Bharati.

You forgot the number one excuse they have. It will take a billion years to clean up the dirt of 70 years.

What they don't want to admit is Imran Khan isn't that honest they want people to believe and his government is full of corrupts and crooks. But it's okay. 4 more years and the same people will call Imran Khan the destroyer of Pakistan. I've seen hardcore youthias turn against PTI in very short time, some even resort to cursing. It's happening, the reality of IKs honesty is coming out.

The ruins of BRT in Peshawar are a testament to IKs honesty. I don't think i will ever travel in it or if i did, i would be scared to death because the materials used looks to be shittier than shit. It's not even finished and it's breaking apart. The newly developed roads didn’t even last a month and have potholes.

I was thinking just yesterday how Imran Khan sucked Peshawar dry through BRT to probably fund his election campaign. And he's the same honest guy that said Pakistan needs healthcare and better education than infrastructure.

Even here in US most of rail revenue is from freight such as intermodal trailers, containers, new manufactured cars etc etc. Only passenger revenue is from trains running between downtown areas and suburbs. With the city transit system getting a major cut of the profits.

On the other hand Murad Saeed is doing a stellar job in Pakistan Post. Essentially following a UPS like model. But what he could do to improve the services is buy/lease a few regional commuter planes like the ATR/SAAB2K to provide air freight expedited courier services. That's what UPS/FedEx do. And then maybe take it to international levels and make $$$.

In Imran Khan's own words. Nobody would even make Sheikh Rasheed a chaprasi, he's ineligible to even become a chaprasi.

And he's been made a Railway Minister so you can expect the results that you're seeing.

Welcome back.

So all low IQ garbage assembling in on a single thread. How cute.
Why don't you good folk assemble somewhere outside the country and just stay there and leave Pakistan to us? Trust me we can do a lot more when the trash has been gotten rid of.

As for the topic.
"The factors that have contributed to the delays are the frequent malfunctioning of the locomotives because of the overburdened railways operations and lack of maintenance of trains."

Sums it up.
It will take new trains and training and developing maintenance. And that will happen over time, and not over night.

So all low IQ garbage assembling in on a single thread. How cute.
Why don't you good folk assemble somewhere outside the country and just stay there and leave Pakistan to us? Trust me we can do a lot more when the trash has been gotten rid of.

As for the topic.
"The factors that have contributed to the delays are the frequent malfunctioning of the locomotives because of the overburdened railways operations and lack of maintenance of trains."

Sums it up.
It will take new trains and training and developing maintenance. And that will happen over time, and not over night.
Its merley a hiccup. The country and the ministry easnt used to so many trains running again. With the upgrading of the main line occurring, these issues will clear up. But there needs to be another upgrade and expansion right after this one is completed.

NS and Zardari are not handsome
Thats what i was implying!!

That is the country's well being is related to the handsomeness of the PM/President and the problems are because of them not being handsome (the most parlimani language possible) then indeed we have Zawaz and Zardari to blame for all that is wrong with Pakistan :)

Back
Top Bottom