What's new

Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen is slammed for BOWING multiple times to China's vice-premier

You're stealing the concept. Dumping debt is not unpopular, that's because interest rates in the US are now as high as 6% and Chinese treasury rates are only 1.1%. It's the fact that no one is buying new Treasury issues that is unpopular.
I suggest you first understand MMT monetary theory before you talk about domestic debt. I'm not interested in talking to you about it right now, you can't understand what I'm saying.
lol......I don't know how you invest, but if I am dumping whatever I am holding, that mean I don't think whatever I am holding have any future, that's why I am dumping it.....I or anyone normal wouldn't think if the future of what I am holding can and will paid dividend and I am instead dumping it. That's not logical. It's different than when I am thinking about buying the Bond, it may not be unpopular if people are undecided on whether or not they want to buy Chinese bond because factors DO VARIES like the interest rate you mentioned. But when YOU ARE ALREADY HOLDING IT and then you try to sell it, that can only mean one thing........ I mean, people won't sell bond if they keep being high yield and low risk...

And lol, you can't even understand the concept between Private Debt and domestic debt and you are "suggesting" me to first understand what is Modern Money Theory?? And yes, I really don't understand what you are saying because what you said did not really make any sense

Last edited:
China's debt is domestic debt
No, China defaulted on its sovereign bond in 1949, the bond was issued to fund war efforts. Today, the size of that debt is 10 trillion USD. Of the 10 trillion, one trillion is held by Americans who are lobbying Congress to pay them back with Chinese held T-Bills.

Yellen has a more realistic understanding of the economic situation in China and the U.S. than American netizens. We Chinese really don't mind if the trade war continues.

She has been told to do as much as possible to mend fences.

American envoys can talk tough a good deal, but they are ultimately answerable to American companies who are really really hurting.

USA will take revenge over this!!!

Remember that, China!

Is China daring enough to help USA since Janet Yellen ask for it?

You help a person because he asks for it, but because he asks for it, you will be punished heavily.

Always remember past experience when dealing with USA.

USA will take revenge over this!!!

Remember that, China!

Is China daring enough to help USA since Janet Yellen ask for it?

You help a person because he asks for it, but because he asks for it, you will be punished heavily.

Always remember past experience when dealing with USA.
Don't worry. Yellen gets no deal whatsoever.

Not only did she not meet Xi Jinping, she didn't even get any official hospitality in China. She was all alone in Beijing visiting folk for dinner, unaccompanied by any officials.

Apparently, the Chinese govt thinks it's still not a good time for a rapprochement.

IMG_20230721_094052.png

Back
Top Bottom