What's new

Turkey Cancelled F-35 Order, To Be Re-Evaluated

BordoEnes

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Unfortunately true!

SSM decided to delay the F35's which where ordered in january 2012, to be re-evaluated later again.

F-35'te kritik karar - Anadolu Ajans

Delayed because other countries like Australia etc. including US have delayed their orders too, therefor the costs of the initial batches have risen dramatically.

SSM probably decided to wait what the other partner countries are going to do and re-evaluate later again. In practice this means a delay of a couple of years.

For training purposes few units should have been ordered if nothing else.

F-35 is so advanced even the reverse engineering is not possible for us.

Delay is normal but I'm not expecting them to completely give up, we need those planes.

Delay is normal but I'm not expecting them to completely give up, we need those planes.

And you are right...

Türkiye'nin katılımcı ülke statüsünde dahil olduğu JSF programı kapsamında yürüttüğü faaliyetlerine devam edilecek olup, proje kapsamında daha önce planlandığı şekilde 100 adet F-35A uçağının tedariki öngörülmektedir.'

I think the Chinese reservse engineered f-35, not?

At least it looks like a good copy. Of course I can't say anything else other than how it looks.

15446491.jpg

What did they reverse engineered if they don't have the plane ?

I think they just copied the outlook of the f-35, if there is not some kind of secret plan stealing etc.

First of all reverse engineering is for losers who suck at engineering. Screw them Chinese.

You can never be the best by stealing from others.

At least it looks like a good copy. Of course I can't say anything else other than how it looks.

15446491.jpg

That is an carrier based Stealth Aircraft. F-35 and J-31 have to entirely different combat roles. They only thing they have in common is the fact that they both stealth and an cheaper counterpart to their more advance predecessors (F-22 + J-20)

That is an carrier based Stealth Aircraft. F-35 and J-31 have to entirely different combat roles. They only thing they have in common is the fact that they both stealth and an cheaper counterpart to their more advance predecessors (F-22 + J-20)
yet anybody with an eye could see the resemblence.

First of all, the Chinese still have problems to make their own engine. Second, China has a lot more resources and knowledge than Turkey.

Is that why TSK is militarly incapable of handling the Israelis over the Cyprus sea disputes great, Gauis Marius?
Incapable according to whom? Israel doesn't even have a navy to speak of.
Look at the front wheels of the Plane. Compare them to the F-35 wheels.
hmm, indigenous wheels! I like it :)

First of all reverse engineering is for losers who suck at engineering. Screw them Chinese.

You can never be the best by stealing from others.

Oh come on; reverse engineering practically calls for 're-inventing' the wheel whereby everything down to its minutest detail is studied, understood, replicated & then determined whether it worked or not & if it did how good or if it didn't then why not ?

Its anything but a 'copy-paste' exercise !

In fact sometimes in case of successful reverse engineering you end up with a better product than the one you tried copying.

Back
Top Bottom