What's new

Turkey has signed $3.5 billion Black Hawk contract

We aren't going to ask permission to mount door guns that's a load of bullshit.

What this article means is that Turkey will have to ask for permission in order to mount external weapons that'd need installation of pylons and integration to avionics.

Since most of these helicopters are going to the ministry of interia and Jandarma, that isn't a problem.
It's not like they're going to need Hellfires.
Long time no see. Welcome back.

Seahawks have external payloads with Hellfires, Penguines. ÖKK Blackhawks also have Hellfires and EFTs. US government had given us that clearance almost a decade ago.

where the hell have you been anyways :lol:
"Seahawks" cost about four times of what standard configuration Blackhawks do... the difference is unmeasurable. What am I saying is that Americans won't let us make such a major reconfiguration on our own.

Avionics upgrade packages such as "Yarasa" are okay though, your information is wrong, ÖKK Blackhawks do not carry hellfires. ...But of course we'll be able to mount door guns it'd be stupid otherwise as I said.

This isn't FMS, such an article shouldn't exist on this contract. This is probably why SSM took so long to sign it.

@MrTopal27
I'm not coming back or anything, I still despise this forum and most people on it.

Last edited:
"Seahawks" cost about four times of what standard configuration Blackhawks do... the difference is unmeasurable. What am I saying is that Americans won't let us make such a major reconfiguration on our own.

Avionics upgrade packages such as "Yarasa" are okay though, your information is wrong, ÖKK Blackhawks do not carry hellfires. ...But of course we'll be able to mount door guns it'd be stupid otherwise as I said.

This isn't FMS, such an article shouldn't exist on this contract. This is probably why SSM took so long to sign it.

@MrTopal27
I'm not coming back or anything, I still despise this forum and most people on it.

We might do them to T-70, but maybe. Btw ÖKK blackhawks do carry hellfires or sth similar to it. I've never seen one carrying but. At a couple footage I saw months ago, there was a yarasa upgraded uh60 having a AGM-114 missile pod without the missile mounted, near it's EFT. Even if it wasn't for hellfires, it was a weapons pod for sure.

Armament of doors do too require US approval. But it's not shiny as it sounds when asking for the source codes of a fighter. Even KSA's Blackhawks belonging to ministry of interior are armed, so does EMG's choppers. The only problem with arming is that the ones at external wings additionally added to the chopper.

But again, it's Blackhawk we're talking, not MH-60. They'll have gunship support instead. Even the entire US Army don't arm them it's external wing if used. (except for 160th SOAR). This sweety is from night stalkers

MH-60L_DAP.jpg

If i was authority i would even weaponize this (less or much)>>>

large_KUNDUZ_08.jpg

Why not ??? It's a platform already !!!

I would also work on weaponizing civil vehicles for war times...

Back
Top Bottom