What's new

Turkey’s rapprochement with Syria leaves regional refugees fearful

I didn't write anything about weapon purchases. Have you ever asked these questions for your own country? For every 10 euro my ministry spends, 8 unit of them returned to the country's economy. Your ministry's every 10 euros' 8-9 unit expenditure is going abroad.
Yes and my country has no choice but to do it. For two reasons:

1.To finally replace parts of the fleet,air force and army. Things that should have been replaced a long time ago,but were put on hold because of the crisis or ignored even before 2009.
2.The constant aggressive rhetoric and actions of the Turkish government,that forces us to upgrade and modernize at least some of our Armed Forces.

In terms of household livelihood, In Turkiye, for example 1 kilo of tomatoes costs 0.3 euros, half kg bread ise 0,3 euro, even in local grocery stores. 2 euro minimum in most of Europe. The minimum wage is 360 euros, but the purchasing power is in line with it. Moreover, it cannot be compared with the Balkan countries, both the minimum wage level is the same and the purchasing power conditions are better than, for example, Bulgaria, Serbia, Greece etc..
Then why are the Turkish people complain about the cost and the economy? Why do we constantly see Turkish people on Turkish news channels and media,frustrated about the food and housing prices? About the salaries?

Of course, there are difficulties, what I want to say is that the low-income group is currently experiencing serious difficulties in every corner of the world, even in the most developed countries of Europe.
Certainly the rich and higher income don't have a problem anywhere. It's the low and middle income classes that are affected the most. I don't think the rich in their villas on the Bosphorus will have any heating problems this winter or the politicians here,who keep warn us of a "difficult winter",will have any problems in their villas. They can afford enough gas and oil to last for months,just to burn for heat in winter.

Yes and my country has no choice but to do it. For two reasons:

1.To finally replace parts of the fleet,air force and army. Things that should have been replaced a long time ago,but were put on hold because of the crisis or ignored even before 2009.
2.The constant aggressive rhetoric and actions of the Turkish government,that forces us to upgrade and modernize at least some of our Armed Forces.

Then why are the Turkish people complain about the cost and the economy? Why do we constantly see Turkish people on Turkish news channels and media,frustrated about the food and housing prices? About the salaries?

Certainly the rich and higher income don't have a problem anywhere. It's the low and middle income classes that are affected the most. I don't think the rich in their villas on the Bosphorus will have any heating problems this winter or the politicians here,who keep warn us of a "difficult winter",will have any problems in their villas. They can afford enough gas and oil to last for months,just to burn for heat in winter.
Just like you wrote above, Turkiye is just modernizing and replacing its aging systems. It tries to develop new doctrines and systems under the pressure of embargo. Basicly, it tries to maintain its deterrence, against countries with aggressive rhetoric and actions. Moreover, while doing this, it uses less resources than all its aggressive neighbors.

I'm not talking about nonsense things like Greece's claim on international airspace(The claim of +4 miles of airspace over 6 miles of territorial waters which is unique in the world.) , what I'm talking about is your hostile action even within the activities of the military alliance of which we are a partner.

Elections are approaching in Turkiye. It's pretty fun to follow if you know a little Turkish. The parties are pressing hard because these elections will be very decisive for the country's next 20 years. While the current power is trying to turn its face to Asia, there is a counter bloc that does not create doubts in its loyalty to the west. And then there's the third factor(bottom wave) that wants to f*ck them both (I hope). lol.

There is an incredible amount of disinformation. For example, there was PSYOP created over on Pakistanis, which was discussed extensively here a few months ago. That issue was actually instrumentalized as a part of this election contest. Everything for the next elections.

Low-income people have many difficulties, I've already said that. The purchasing power is not as good as 10 years ago. This cannot be denied. If this were not the case, there would not have been an opposition that would shake the current AKP governments.

What I want to say is in which country in the world such a segment does not occur. We cannot isolate global conditions from local developments, unfortunately we are not in the world of the 1930s. And the world is heading towards a fucked up situation with full pace. That's why it's more important than anything that we complete our economic transformation. We must pay the side effect dues.

Just like you wrote above, Turkey is just modernizing and replacing its aging systems. It tries to develop new doctrines and systems under the pressure of embargo.
Oh come on,man! We're talking about massive re-armament. What MMM-E constantly mentions "750+ projects",we're talking about aircraft and drone carriers,a massive fleet,ballistic missiles,more ballistic missiles,unmanned aircraft,unmanned OPVs,submarines,mini submarines,AA systems,artillery,bombs,missiles. Then Akar has the nerve to say "An arms race has started in Greece". Come on!

what I'm talking about is your hostile action even within the activities of the military alliance of which we are a partner.
What hostile activities? Don't say "locking on Turkish F-16s during a NATO mission",I know you're smart enough not to buy that stuff...

Elections are approaching in Turkiye. It's pretty fun to follow if you know a little Turkish. The parties are pressing hard because these elections will be very decisive for the country's next 20 years. While the current power is trying to turn its face to Asia, there is a counter bloc that does not create doubts in its loyalty to the west. And then there's the third block that wants to **** them both (I hope). lol.
I know that Kilicdaroglu and Aksener have become more nationalistic than Erdogan himself,because of the elections. They dare him to "take some islands" etc.

There is an incredible amount of disinformation. For example, there was PSYOP created over on Pakistanis, which was discussed extensively here a few months ago. That issue was actually instrumentalized as a part of this election contest. Everything for the next elections.
Not everything is a psyop. I'm sure there are some fake accounts and some Kurds or others who do psyops on Twitter against Pakistan,but I think there lots of Turks who dislike Pakistanis because of the immigration problem.

What I want to say is in which country in the world such a segment does not occur. We cannot isolate global conditions from local developments, unfortunately we are not in the world of the 1930s. And the world is heading towards a fucked up situation with full pace. That's why it's more important than anything that we complete our economic transformation. We must pay the side effect dues.
Yeah,but don't paint me a picture of a Turkey with prosperity and happiness for the average Turk right now. I'm not saying that Turkey is collapsing or anything,but it's not all rainbows and candy. And that's due to Erdogan's dumb economic and diplomatic policies the last few years.

Back
Top Bottom