What's new

"U.S. Has Plan to Secure Pakistan Nukes if Country Falls to Taliban"

Status
Not open for further replies.
"...Before any such hollywood-style op occurs, we'll hand the Chinese the nukes ourselves. Then, the Martians will take over and harvest all humans for feeding."

Thank God! A moment of lucid thinking has entered the fray. Dude, that was such a COOOOL answer. I'm grateful and we can only hope. Truly.:yahoo::tup::agree:

"...which point India and Pakistan will fight over the privilege of who gets to be on the main course, and who will be just a starter."

Praying a billion Indians will leave them stuffed full possessing dreams of a Venutian conquest.

"i was expecting much more intelligent response from U"

On this topic? No way. That was my best effort. Almost worked too before BaberCM curled up next to a sawscaled viper and kissed it.

All that venom and nowhere to go.:lol:

Praying a billion Indians will leave them stuffed full possessing dreams of a Venutian conquest.

I knew we Indians had to be good for something apart from the Kama Sutra and the fake accent when you dial customer support (Hi! this is 'Peter' from Mumbai!! How y'all dooooooooin'?))

Reactions: S-2
I wonder what foul plan the yankees have for seizing our sheep when us kiwis inevitably go postal....

"I wonder what foul plan the yankees have for seizing our sheep when us kiwis inevitably go postal.... "

That depends on what A.Q. Khan has done to weaponize their wool.:agree:

Hope they don't go static. Might spontaneously combust.

Teleport them via one of our motherships to Australia is my guess ...:cool:

Pakistan have high number of Nukes, and they are in peace till someone try to mess with pakistan,

Okay let suppose that US army will come and will take our nukes away, its immpossible, if we suppose that US took our 80% nukes, bcoz they cant take all nukes, so 10-15 will remain in pakistan's hand, and we can think what will pakistan do with that nukes!

Pakistan have high number of Nukes, and they are in peace till someone try to mess with pakistan,

Okay let suppose that US army will come and will take our nukes away, its immpossible, if we suppose that US took our 80% nukes, bcoz they cant take all nukes, so 10-15 will remain in pakistan's hand, and we can think what will pakistan do with that nukes!

how high a number? 150+? big deal .... and what will Pakistan do with the remaining nukes in your scenario?:confused:

All options open on securing Pak nukes: Obama

WASHINGTON/NEW YORK: US President Barack Obama has voiced confidence in the safety of Pakistan’s nuclear assets. But at the same time, he made it clear that he could consider all options to secure the nuclear weapons, if the country got less stable.

“Pakistan’s nuclear arsenal is safe,” he said in an interview with the Newsweek magazine. “I don’t want to engage in hypotheses around Pakistan, other than to say we have confidence that Pakistan’s nuclear arsenal is safe; that the Pakistani military is equipped to prevent extremists from taking over those arsenals. As commander-in-chief, I have to consider all options, but I think that Pakistan’s sovereignty has to be respected,” he said.

Obama was asked whether Washington would have the option alive to secure Pakistan’s nuclear weapons in the event of instability in the country, striving to overcome challenges of militancy along its Afghan border. He said: “We are trying to strengthen them as a partner, and one of the encouraging things is, over the last several weeks we’ve seen a decided shift in the Pakistan Army’s recognition that the threat from extremism is a much more immediate and serious one than the threat from India that they’ve traditionally focused on.”

Questioned how he decided on sending additional 17,000 troops to Afghanistan, Obama said his administration felt that the existing approach was not working and that instability in the insurgency-hit Afghan border areas was destabilising Pakistan as well.

Obama said: “I think the starting point was recognition that the existing trajectory was not working, that the Taliban had made advances, that our presence in Afghanistan was declining in popularity, that the instability along the border region was destabilising Pakistan as well. So, that was the starting point of the decision.”

The US president said it would be premature to talk about more troops for Afghanistan at the moment. “I think it’s premature to talk about additional troops. My strong view is that we are not going to succeed simply by piling on more and more troops.

“The Soviets tried that; it didn’t work out too well for them. The British tried it; it didn’t work. We have to see our military action in the context of a broader effort to stabilise security in the country, allow national elections to take place in Afghanistan and then provide space for the vital development work that’s needed, so that a tolerant and open, democratically-elected government is considered far more legitimate than a Taliban alternative,” he responded when asked if he was open to sending more troops to Afghanistan if the latest addition of troops could not make the progress the US needed to make. Obama said: “The military component is critical to accomplishing that goal, but it is not a sufficient element by itself.”

All options open on securing Pak nukes: Obama

i wish to know what "LESS STABLE" means??

"I wonder what foul plan the yankees have for seizing our sheep when us kiwis inevitably go postal.... "

That depends on what A.Q. Khan has done to weaponize their wool.:agree:

Hope they don't go static. Might spontaneously combust.

Teleport them via one of our motherships to Australia is my guess ...:cool:

You have absolutely no idea what KIWI sheep framers do with their sheep.
Why do you think the farmers all wear rubber boots.. :eek:

There you go again with misinformation. :tsk:

We do not want their sheep. It is not the wool that has been weaponised it is those tiny little black droppings that are mini land mines. A biological form of IED and very destructive. :agree:

We do not want their sheep. It is not the wool that has been weaponised it is those tiny little black droppings that are mini land mines. A biological form of IED and very destructive. :agree:

and you forgot to add ..... viable for a long time period without any degradation of capabilities.

They're called dags and you are quite right, mess with us and you get them. Well call it MAD, for Mutually Assured Dags. Lets see our enemies maintain proper hygiene with those hanging off their bum...

As far as PAKISTAN has a single nuke, US can never dare to come in. Only possible scenario is MR. NRO handing them over for a hefty %.

Panetta: Location of all Pakistan nukes not known
By MICHAEL R. BLOOD – 9 hours ago

LOS ANGELES (AP) — CIA Director Leon Panetta said Monday the United States does not know the location of all of Pakistan's nuclear weapons but is confident the country has them secure.

Panetta spoke days after the top U.S. military officer told Congress there is evidence Pakistan is adding to its nuclear weapons systems and warheads. Pakistan, however, denies it.

The CIA director was asked about Pakistan's nuclear program at a forum organized by the Pacific Council on International Policy.

"We don't have, frankly, the intelligence to know where they all are located," Panetta said, adding the U.S. is confident the Pakistani government has a "pretty secure approach to try to protect these weapons."

That security is something the U.S. is watching, he said. "The last thing we want is to have the Taliban have access to nuclear weapons in Pakistan."

At a congressional hearing last week, Adm. Mike Mullen, the chairman of the U.S. Joint Chiefs of Staff, was asked whether there was evidence that Pakistan was adding to its nuclear arsenal. He replied: "Yes."

Pakistan is battling a growing Islamic insurgency with links to al-Qaida and the Taliban, and Washington is considering giving the government billions of dollars in aid to fight it.

Mullen said in Washington on Monday that the U.S. has focused some aid in recent years on improving the security of Pakistan's nuclear weapons, and the country has used it for that purpose.

Pakistan is thought to possess more than 60 nuclear weapons under a program that began when its rival, India, started producing them.

The Associated Press: Panetta: Location of all Pakistan nukes not known

Pak nukes safe but will take action if Taliban tries hand: US
20 May 2009, 0930 hrs IST, PTI

WASHINGTON: The Pentagon has said it is comfortable with the protocols Pakistani military has in place to ensure security of its nuclear arsenal,
even as the US will take "requisite action" if Taliban ever tries hand on them.

Such a statement from the Pentagon came a day after, the CIA director Leon Panetta, said the US does not know where all the Pakistani nuclear weapons are being kept.

Defence department spokesman, Geoff Morrell, told reporters at his daily press briefing they are "comfortable with the protocols the Pakistani military has in place to ensure the security of their nuclear arsenal."

"I am sure that our planners take whatever requisite action is required to ensure the arsenal in a country that is obviously in the midst of a great deal -- that finds itself with a great deal of challenges right now, that they have some visibility on where such weapons are located," Morrell said.

When asked about news reports that the Special Operations forces have a contingency plan to go in and secure Pakistan's nuclear weapons if the need be, Morrell said the US is comfortable with the security measures of the Pakistan.

"The last thing we want is to have the Taliban have access to the nuclear weapons in Pakistan. We're fighting, obviously, that potential in Iran. The last thing we would want is to give al-Qaida that potential. So we continue to watch that very closely."

Pak nukes safe but will take action if Taliban tries hand: US - Pakistan - World - The Times of India

All junk...:rofl:
If TALIBAN get hold of the nukes, the whole tone of US will change.They will be the ones to sue for peace & I can really imagine Ms.CLINTON donning a 'BURQA' and coming all way to meet the TALIBS to flatter them and declaring them her brothers. But before Ms. CLINTON, indians will send Mr. IRFAN PATHAN as ambassador telling them we are 'one' & look we have sent your long lost brother to remove misunderstandings which were created by ISI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom