What's new

US 'sorry' Pakistan skipped democracy summit, but says country 'can make its own decisions'

FOOLS_NIGHTMARE

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

State Dept spokesperson Vedant Patel says US willingness to work with Islamabad unchanged​

1055851_5287522_vedant-patel_updates.jpg

Pakistan’s decision not to participate in the second Summit for Democracy, hosted by the United States, does not change the Biden administration’s willingness to continue to work with Islamabad on a “broad range of issues,” a State Department spokesperson said.

At the same time, spokesperson Vedant Patel said the US was “certainly sorry that Pakistan chose not to participate” in the three-day event that ended Thursday after discussing topics like strengthening democracy and defending against authoritarianism, addressing and fighting corruption, and promoting respect for human rights.

He was responding to a question from a Pakistani TV channel reporter, who sought his reaction to Pakistan’s move to opt out of the summit which was joined in-person and virtually by some 70 leaders from around the world.

China and Turkiye were excluded, but Taiwan was invited.

“It (Pakistan) is a sovereign state and it is one that can make decisions for itself, Patel said, adding, “This certainly does not change our willingness to continue to work with Pakistan.”

The US and Pakistan, he said, work together on a broad range of issues, and the Biden administration continues to engage with them on issues surrounding democracy, human rights, including freedom of religion and beliefs, pointing out that there there’s an important security partnership as well.

The same reporter asked him about the rising attacks by the Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) terrorists in the country, and the spokesperson said he had seen those same reports and offered his condolences to those who were impacted.

“I don’t have any specifics to offer, but of course there is a deep security partnership with Pakistan, including counterterrorism efforts”, he added.

When an Indian journalist drew attention to India’s External Affairs Minister S. Jaishankar’s statement about not engaging with Pakistan on the plea that talks and terrorism do not go together, the spokesperson said he would let New Delhi add any additional commentary to his comments.

“But broadly,” Patel said, “what I would say is that the US values its important relationship with both our Indian partners and Pakistan as well, and these relationships stand on their own and are not a zero-sum proposition.”

Lol this was agreed upon by both parties for Pakistan not to attend.

The entire world knows the United States along with its minions in GHQ orchestrated a coup d'etat and placed the Pakistan Dalla Movement into power.

Imagine how silly this summit would look being hosted by America and inviting all its regime changed nations.

Lanat on GHQ. Lanat on Pakistan Dalla movement.

Lol this was agreed upon by both parties for Pakistan not to attend.

The entire world knows the United States along with its minions in GHQ orchestrated a coup d'etat and placed the Pakistan Dalla Movement into power.

Imagine how silly this summit would look being hosted by America and inviting all its regime changed nations.

Lanat on GHQ. Lanat on Pakistan Dalla movement.
Well, Modi attended. So, idk why that would have been the problem.

Sudo democracy is not worth the toilet paper its writer on - want to see democracy in action look no further, India, our neighbor and claims to be the biggest democracy in the world and the biggest shyt hole ever mankind has ever produced.

Kidhar gia ha ranchor line k aflatoon @VCheng

OMG!
'Ranchor Lane'!! The area of Karachi which was, growing up in Karachi, was the butt of the jokes!!

About this thread. I think Pakistan is going to calculatadly distance itself from America based on the progress/assurance of China and the Chinese outreach to the fast-becoming America's former vassals in the Middle East. Problem for Pakistan is that it can't do such too quickly because Pakistan is walking on thin ice with its dependence on the America-backed trade with the West.

Zulfi Bhutto may have proclaimed Pakistanis would eat the proverbial grass to acquire the nukes but I don't think Pakistanis have the leadership, the cohesion, or the gumption to eat even the proverbial lentils!! At least as of now.

“It (Pakistan) is a sovereign state and it is one that can make decisions for itself,

Of course, Pakistan has that right.

What it is trying to do is benefit from both USA and China. What it will achieve is being on the shitlists of both, in the best Pakistani traditions. Sau piyuz bhi khayen gey, sau koray bhi parein gey. :D

I think Pakistan is going to calculatadly distance itself from America based on the progress/assurance of China and the Chinese outreach to the fast-becoming America's former vassals in the Middle East. Problem for Pakistan is that it can't do such too quickly because Pakistan is walking on thin ice with its dependence on the America-backed trade with the West.

Please see the above.

OMG!
'Ranchor Lane'!! The area of Karachi which was, growing up in Karachi, was the butt of the jokes!!

About this thread. I think Pakistan is going to calculatadly distance itself from America based on the progress/assurance of China and the Chinese outreach to the fast-becoming America's former vassals in the Middle East. Problem for Pakistan is that it can't do such too quickly because Pakistan is walking on thin ice with its dependence on the America-backed trade with the West.

Zulfi Bhutto may have proclaimed Pakistanis would eat the proverbial grass to acquire the nukes but I don't think Pakistanis have the leadership, the cohesion, or the gumption to eat even the proverbial lentils!! At least as of now.

I think you are misreading the Saudi-China relationship. Saudis need to be pragmatic in a world moving away from fossil fuels. China is the largest importer of hydrocarbons. India is another large importer. India is importing 30-35% of what China does. They need customers for their main product. Saudis are not going to let Pakistan impact those relationships

Last edited:
spokesperson Vedant Patel said the US was “certainly sorry that Pakistan chose not to participate” in the three-day event that ended Thursday after discussing topics like strengthening democracy and defending against authoritarianism, addressing and fighting corruption, and promoting respect for human rights.
The irony in this statement. Why would the fascists in power want to attend when they are going against this very sentence.

Not strengthening democracy by forcing no elections - ✔️

Being corrupt- ✔️

Abusing human rights with dirty harry running the show - ✔️

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom