What's new

Video Gamers report in!

I just completed Mass Effect 3 and games ending sucks.

Unreal games engine licensed to FBI and other US agencies

Developer Epic Games and its partner Virtual Heroes described the deal as a "long-term" agreement to support the technology on web browsers, consoles and handheld devices.

Full financial terms were not revealed.

However, a statement said that an agreement to provide the tech to one of the agencies involved - the Intelligence Advanced Research Projects Activity (IARPA) - was worth more than $10m (£6.3m).

IARPA will use the engine to build what it calls "Serious Games", designed to help intelligence analysts tackle instinctual biases that might colour their findings.

Other planned uses for the "Unreal Government Network" include:

The FBI Academy using the tech to develop a virtual multiplayer crime scene in which its agents can carry out training simulations
US army medics practicing their skills on an anaesthesiology training application
Weapons researchers using the engine as a "visualisation tool"

Virtual Heroes has previously used the Unreal engine to develop America's Army 3, a first-person Call of Duty-style video game designed to promote recruitment to the armed services, and Zero Hour, a title used to help emergency service workers train for terror attacks and other mass casualty incidents.

Guys brace yourself I have some bad news. Well here it goes:

Next PlayStation to lock out used games - Report

Sony's 2013-dated new console supposedly code-named Orbis, will boast system that locks games to single PSN account; no backward compatibility for PS3 library planned.

playstation_neon_57259_embed.jpg

Buckle up, Sony enthusiasts. A tipster has told Kotaku that the PlayStation 4 is named "Orbis" and that it will feature an anti-used-game system, offer no backward compatibility with PlayStation 3 titles, and ship in holiday 2013.

Orbis is just a code name…or is it?
As for the first part of the rumor, multiple sources told the blog that the Orbis will sport some sort of anti-used-game measure. Full Orbis games will be available via Blu-ray disc or as a PlayStation Network download and will be locked to a single PSN account. Players will not be able to circumvent the system by remaining offline, as the source said users will be forced to be connected to the PSN to boot up their games.

Gamers will be free to trade in Orbis games, but the person who purchases a secondhand disc will be restricted to a limited trial mode or "some other form of content restriction." These gamers will be forced to pay a fee to unlock the full title, according to the source.

An earlier report suggested Microsoft's next-generation Xbox would also include some method of blocking gamers from playing used titles. Microsoft has not commented on the matter.

As for backward compatibility, Kotaku's source says Sony has no plans to offer such a service with the Orbis. This would mark a change in approach for Sony, as the PlayStation 2, PS3, and PlayStation Vita have all supported their predecessors' games at launch in some form.

Concerning timing, the Orbis will ship during holiday 2013, according to the tipster. This person says Sony has been sending Orbis dev kits to "select developers" since the beginning of the year. New iterations of these kits were reportedly dispatched earlier this month, with "finalized beta units" headed to developers at the end of 2012.

This matches up with an earlier rumor, which suggested that several studios--including one "major Sony-owned" developer--had moved entirely to PS4 game development.

What kind of technology will the Orbis run on? The site is reporting that developers are being told to plan for an AMD x64 CPU and AMD Southern Islands GPU, the latter of which is capable of running Orbis titles at a resolution of 4096x2160 and 3D games at 1080p. It has been previously suggested that the next-generation PlayStation would be powered by AMD technology.

A Sony representative declined to comment on the matter.

Next PlayStation to lock out used games - Report - GameSpot.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When is SAMSUNG going to make a console??

I just completed Mass Effect 3 and games ending sucks.
I played mass effect 3 too ......the ending sucks a lot ......every thing but the ending is awesome.
By the way did u know that more the effective fleet strength the more complete ending u get.......i haven't been able to get the complete one as i will need to play online to have a better galactic readyness

Has anyone modded their xbox 360? I was thinking of getting the xkey which is like $100 but it saves you the hassle of burning games to disks.

Has anyone modded their xbox 360? I was thinking of getting the xkey which is like $100 but it saves you the hassle of burning games to disks.

I don't think it's a good idea, the recent Microsoft XBL update particularly cracks down on modded XB's, this is another reason why next-gen consoles like the PS4 won't be backwards compatible or allowed used games to be played on the console. I'm sure XB will do the same if not already planned.

You run the risk of jeopardizing not only your XBL account, but your console itself will be banned...Though it is your choice.

I played mass effect 3 too ......the ending sucks a lot ......every thing but the ending is awesome.
By the way did u know that more the effective fleet strength the more complete ending u get.......i haven't been able to get the complete one as i will need to play online to have a better galactic readiness

u dont need to play online for rediness. Just scan all the planets in each solarsystem available.

the complete ending has 2 different choices nd the same fking cut scenes....only difference, in one the reapers go red as in get destroyed and the oter one has the reapers go blue as in got Controlled.

u dont get much of an ending either way.

game went through way to fast ,wrapping up the whole Prothean thing really bad.
i expected alot more.

yea iremeber modding a frends Xbox 360 way back when it was new.
HAd to open it up and flash a certain firmware EPROM.. u get the walk-through and needed modded firmware on the web.

i remember my frind having trouble playing certain titles due to region lock;
and having to buy a really good DVD writer just to get 2x write speeds ..anything higher goes unreadable for the Xbox360.

Back
Top Bottom