What's new

Waymo's self-driving car is ready for commercial service in San Francisco

Well, call me old fashion.......I don't think highly of automated stuff.

I mean, I am the kind of person wouldn't even let valet took my car, I don't think I can ever accept a car that drove itself.
you sit in a jetliner and entrust your life to a pilot :-)

It's like Jeremy Clarson said

Will you get on a plane if they tell you it had no pilot in it?

I wouldn't

Actually many planes land themselves. You can't see sh*t sometimes so they use the "autoland" systems.

a system that fully automates the landing procedure of an aircraft's flight, with the flight crew supervising the process. Such systems enable airliners to land in weather conditions that would otherwise be dangerous or impossible to operate in.
The emergency autoland systems are designed to complete an emergency landing at the nearest suitable airport, without any further human intervention, in the event that the flight crew is incapacitated.

Last edited:
Actually many planes land themselves. You can't see sh*t sometimes so they use the "autoland" systems.

I know that, I am a trained pilot too, I know most aircraft are doing automated ILS landing these day, in fact, there are already system that can made landing even if the aircraft is disabled and only the engine is functioning without any aileron or rudder controlled output.

Problem is not the technology is not mature enough, but I would like to have redundant to the redundant, so even I know capabilities wise an aircraft can do that, having a pilot in the cockpit is reassuring

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom