What's new

What if partition did not happen in 1947?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kalu_miah

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
@airmarshal asked me a question about why Partition was a mistake for Muslim leaders in 1947. So I wrote a small write up, but before I could answer it, the thread about Bhutto and 1971 was closed. So I am posting it in this new thread. To mods, if this is out of line or becomes a troll thread, please close it. Its just for fun anyways. So here goes:

What if Partition did not happen in 1947, this is a what if scenario for a completely hypothetical situation, that did not happen and will not ever happen in the future, so please take it with a grain of salt as some kind of fantasy land:

- Muslims were 25% of South Asian population then, but in 60 years have grown to become almost 33% (500 million out of about 1.5 billion)
- in another 50 years Muslims could become at least 40%
- this increase in population is mainly due to higher birth rate of Muslims (womb jihard)
- just like in the US whites are becoming minority in 2050, in the same way twice born Hindu's could become minority long before that time
- Muslims initially would be at a disadvantage in 1947, socially, economically and militarily, but using its Muslim majority areas as leverage, they would learn to use their power of vote and using democracy to further their cause, specially by building coalition with other disadvantaged minorities, such as Dalit, Shudra, Christians, Buddhists, Sikhs, Jain etc.
- South Asia as a country would be a tolerant democratic place, there could be occasional communal riots after 1947, but in no way it would cause as much disruption (uprooting of communities) and loss of lives as the partition in 1947 or the war in 1971 have caused
- as a nuclear power, this imaginary country would compete head to head with China, reach actross Central Asia and South East Asia to fight for influence in these two spaces
- this imaginary country would weild unusual influence on the Muslim world just like the Mughal empire did in the past, may be more so than in the past, since 30% of Muslims of the world would live in the country, more than twice than the next biggest Muslim country, Indonesia
- it would potentially be a Hindu-Muslim super power, instead of this Ram Rajya we see today which has a dream to become super power but at best can become a regional power and two struggling Muslim states trying to make ends meet

Last edited by a moderator:
@airmarshal asked me a question about why Partition was a mistake for Muslim leaders in 1947. So I wrote a small write up, but before I could answer it, the thread about Bhutto and 1971 was closed. So I am posting it in this new thread. To mods, if this is out of line or becomes a troll thread, please close it. Its just for fun anyways. So here goes:

What if Partition did not happen in 1947, this is a what if scenario for a completely hypothetical situation, that did not happen and will not ever happen in the future, so please take it with a grain of salt as some kind of fantasy land:

- Muslims were 25% of South Asian population then, but in 60 years have grown to become almost 33% (500 million out of about 1.5 billion)
- this increase in population is mainly due to higher birth rate of Muslims (womb jihard)
- just like in the US whites are becoming minority in 2050, in the same way twice born Hindu's could become minority long before that time
- Muslims initially would be at a disadvantage in 1947, socially, economically and militarily, but using its Muslim majority areas as leverage, they would learn to use their power of vote and using democracy to further their cause, specially by building coalition with other disadvantaged minorities, such as Dalit, Shudra, Christians, Buddhists, Sikhs, Jain etc.
- South Asia as a country would be a tolerant democratic place, there could be occasional communal riots after 1947, but in no way it would cause as much disruption (uprooting of communities) and loss of lives as the partition in 1947 or the war in 1971 have caused
- as a nuclear power, this imaginary country would compete head to head with China, reach actross Central Asia and South East Asia to fight for influence in these two spaces
- this imaginary country would weild unusual influence on the Muslim world just like the Mughal empire did in the past, may be more so than in the past, since 30% of Muslims of the world would live in the country, more than twice than the next biggest Muslim country, Indonesia
- it would potentially be a Hindu-Muslim super power, instead of this Ram Rajya we see today which has a dream to become super power but at best can become a regional power and two struggling Muslim states trying to make ends meet

It would have been a communal sh!thole with followers of two religions at each other's throats.
Moreover, it will top the list of failed state with immense levels of poverty with politicians
involving in religious vote bank politics. IMO partition was the best thing that happened
to this region. We have got our own countries, now the onus is on us to make them better
rather than dwell on the past. This discussion is actually a slap on the face of our founding forefathers
who did not want to live under Hindu majority.
One can also think in the way that majority could have attacked minorities immediately after
the independence and would have made this area a Hindu majority anyways.

Salaam to all the Muslims,

:pakistan:

I used to think in my younger days that if the partition never had happened, the Muslims would had eventually outnumbered the Hindus. This is also why Deobandis / Wahabis did not want the partition to happen and they had labeled our Qaid Muhammad Ali Jinnah as Kafir-e-Azam.

However, Bralewis won their Freedom while the Deobandis / Wahabis got nothing in return.

You see, you need you own freedom in order to progress and grow.

Bottom line is, Allah had ordained the creation of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan and so it came into being on 27th Ramadan 1366.

Allahu Akbar.

Salaam to all the Muslims.

If partition would not have happen in 1947, then we would be hearing news of daily bomb blasts and terrorist attacks in Delhi and Mumbai :lol:

Thank you for your response but I dont agree with you. I m sorry.

In the new concept of nation states, Muslims are a separate nation. Stop being so defeatist and lacking in confidence. You have a country now build it strong. Unity among Muslim is needed first and foremost than dream of a Hindu-Muslim superpower which is a non-starter.

Stop being self loathing and create a better future for your nation today. The past has past.

Why do you think it is self loathing? I am all for creating better for my nation. This was in answer to a question airmarshal asked. Problem is people do not understand geopolitics. Without understanding geopolitics, they do not understand what direction is better for their nation. To understand geopolitics, one has to understand and analyze the past history so one can avoid making mistakes in the future.

Anyways, I expected a little more thoughtful response than this knee jerk reaction from a senior poster like yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom