What's new

What is your OS of choice?

Reaction score
I'm curious, because I've been running Windows 7 builds for the longest.

Any Mac, XP or Linux users here?

Just curious, because all my 'South Asian' friends tend to be uber-geeks like me. Would love to know what the forum members here use. :usflag::pakistan::wave:

Also any Twitter/FriendFeed or other social network users here? :pop:

I use Ubuntu/XP/Vista (Three Different PCS)..My favorite is Vista because it's quite stable unlike XP which gets slow after heavy usage of 1-2 years and you'll have to reinstall.I have installed Vista 2 years ago and still using original installation..Ubuntu is good but the programs i want to run does not work in it (Not even in Wine) so i just use it for browsing and playing with virtual pc programs such us vmware and setting up http server etc..

I use Ubuntu/XP/Vista (Three Different PCS)..My favorite is Vista because it's quite stable unlike XP which gets slow after heavy usage of 1-2 years and you'll have to reinstall.I have installed Vista 2 years ago and still using original installation..Ubuntu is good but the programs i want to run does not work in it (Not even in Wine) so i just use it for browsing and playing with virtual pc programs such us vmware and setting up http server etc..

I hear ya Saad, Vista got a real bad rap for no good reason. Actually its because the media and "Tech" writers especially tend to be the morons who couldn't make it through Freshman Calculus and are enamored by eye candy.

Right now they are crowing over Windows 7 but when push comes to shove they'll always harp on the fact its based on 'Vista' which unfortunately for MSFT is a dirty word.

I also use Ubuntu but only as multi-boot option as well. Compiz and the effects are entertaining and stability is decent but in the end it remains a novelty. I show it off to my friends and fam who love the effects. In the end I can't fire up Call of Duty or my fav app without booting back into Windows.

Compiz effects are for showing off only.No logical use...>I really hate Linux fanboys.Is it not better to just install a software in few minutes in Windows and then do your work instead of trying to compile a program in Linux and then trying to run your Windows software in Linux :lol:.

Vista Ultimate 64 Bit :guns:
2.5 Years into installation and solid as a rock :smokin:

Although it was crappy before SP1; but the updates really made a difference...

Well I use both Windows XP SP3 and Ubuntu Hardy dual boot. Need both.
Ubuntu I need for the academic activities and XP where all my games are installed. Which one is better? I believe it depends on your need and how much you want to spend?

Although windows can not be replaced any time soon
check out this

10+ Reasons Why Linux Ubuntu is Better than Windows

I use Mac OS X Leopard. I have been using Mac OS X for 5 years now. Very stable, faster, free of viruses and programmer friendly.

Back
Top Bottom