What's new

Where is my military coup? - An Open Letter to the Chief of Army Staff

sonicboom

Reaction score
An Open Letter to the Chief of Army Staff, Where is my military coup?

Written by (Author ) Headlines Jun 2, 2010 General sahab,

I have been a silent admirer of you and your methods for a long time now. You have impressed all and sundry with your charm, your cool, your foresight and your prudent outlook on matters of great importance. You have admirers in the motherland, in the Enemy Nation across the border, the Great Red North and the Imperial Kingmaker, a hard feat that even your charismatic and skilled predecessor struggled to achieve. And yet, respected sir, I have a major bone to pick with you:

Where is my military coup?

I have waited with bated breath for you to step up to the plate and provide deliverance to us measly Pakistani and rid us of this corrupt, ineffective, incompetent and unpleasant dispensation, and put the country back on the path of progress and unbridled nationalistic fervor. I have bit my nails at odd hours and during moments of crises, waiting for you to appear on national television looking your usual dapper self, with an inspirational picture of the Quaid in the background, announcing the wrap-up of this nonsensical farce that has been running for two years now. And yet, you have not lived up to my expectations. I only have one question on my parched lips:

I sat through many hours of the trudging Long March hoping you will seize the moment and send home these misguided champions of democracy and people power, only to see you display a reverential-yet-frustrating measure of restraint. I was on the edge of my seat, laddoos ready, during all of December 2009 hoping your friends and admirers in the media will finally convince you to heed their prophecies and put in place the ingenious and admirable Minus-One Formula. And yet again, you displayed your characteristic self-discipline. Watching Geo News every day, I cannot help but wonder:

You went to the United States and were wined and dined by the most fashionable members of the World Capital’s foreign policy apparatus. They fawned over you and listened to your every word with wide-eyed wonder. You rather cleverly got your Boy, Mr Foreign Minister, to schmooze with the former First Lady and get cute pictures taken together that were mocked the world over, while you got down to the real business of deal-making with the powers-that-be. What a skillful move that was, General sahab – I must say I was left rather awestruck and dazzled by your aura. You also went to Europe and charmed our NATO allies with your great acumen and insights into the War and our nation’s crucial rule in its endgame. And all I could think was how a son of the soil was telling the world what rightful place our great nation deserves in the galaxy of global powers. People listened to us and respected our opinions – for the first time in an era, if ever, I might add – and you were our worthy voice. I saluted you then.

After Mumbai, when the Enemy Nation sent its fighter jets over for a brief reconnaissance mission, you scrambled our boys up in the air and drove the Enemy jets back over the border. You took pictures and nonchalantly passed on this message to the offenders: “Next time we will bring them down.” I felt proud to be a Pakistani that day, realizing you were guarding not just our physical borders, but also keeping watch on our much-maligned and always-threatened ideological frontiers, a task that the current dispensation, with its motley crew of misguided, traitorous, anti-Pakistan separatist loonies, is ill-suited to accomplish. And when the journalist from across the border wrote a two-part piece on you in The News, profiling you in great depth and showing reluctant admiration, I fawned with him. Finally, when Ayesha Siddiqua wrote her piece in Dawn, calling it you a man of destiny, I found a kindred spirit. My resolve was permanently strengthened and I vowed that day to support you in this noble endeavor that you are, as she implied, destined for.

And yet, General sahab, you are disappointing me. Your time at the helm is running out, and I am afraid that you will not grab at the opportunities that are presenting themselves. Please, for the sake of my nation and its ideologically motivated and endlessly frustrated citizens, I implore you to reconsider this restrained approach. You rid us of the monsters in Swat, and you can do so with those in Islamabad as well. I urge you to step up and claim what you are destined for. Make amends, sir, and take the throne that is rightfully yours, so that no other dispirited man like myself can longingly ask the question:

An Open Letter to the Chief of Army Staff, Where is my military coup? | Pakistan Daily

military coup is not the answer.

No doubt we all are frustrated with the current rulers so are with all politicians but let the public have these thugs for the stipulated time so that when next elections come some of us definitely will think twice before voting for a candidate.

Any coup at this time no matter how much "justified" will ruin the sacrifices Army is giving in war on terror. Please do not bring disrespect to our Martyrs who fought bravely against terrorists, because when politicians and their supporters abuse the Army they dont see the difference between the entire army and the one officer who staged coup.

military coup is not the answer.

No doubt we all are frustrated with the current rulers so are with all politicians but let the public have these thugs for the stipulated time so that when next elections come some of us definitely will think twice before voting for a candidate.

Any coup at this time no matter how much "justified" will ruin the sacrifices Army is giving in war on terror. Please do not bring disrespect to our Martyrs who fought bravely against terrorists, because when politicians and their supporters abuse the Army they dont see the difference between the entire army and the one officer who staged coup.

I don't think so you know that Dasti shahab won the elections despite having a bogus degree it only proves one thing.Our thinking ability has been overtook by bradris and ethnicity.

I don't think so you know that Dasti shahab won the elections despite having a bogus degree it only proves one thing.Our thinking ability has been overtook by bradris and ethnicity.

Well in democracy isnt it that every free citizen who is not a criminal can stand for election?????

Why do you want Army to plan coup agianst Federal Government..Army is here to defend the government not overtake it.

Well in democracy isnt it that every free citizen who is not a criminal can stand for election?????

he was convicted by the supreme court of having a fake degree which he presented to the parliament
he was banned from elections but the PPP gave him a ticket again
he claimed to have a degree in islamic studies but when asked what was the first surah in the Quran he did not have a answer

I dont support the Military take over and nor do I think that Kiyani has any such plans. Now what could be possible is that he might just end up showing the chor biradri the door, not to take over but to save us.
But also our own mentality has to change we have to stop towing on the ethic line, we have to think not as a Sindhi, Punjabi, Baloch, Pathan or any one else. But as a Pakistani. And that is where our salvation is. :pakistan:

we cannot have a military coup, because it will make us look bad. We had coups before we hung our president before nobody is going to take us seriously if we have another coup.

Miss he was convicted of a bogus degree.I would call it a criminal offense for a leader.

Last time i checked if you are convicted of this kind of offense in governmental service you can even go to jail.But what kind of governmental service is parliament, that in which even after being convicted you can get to the post again.

And kudos to the illiterate masses who voted him again into power only due to bradri.

My point is you are absolutely wrong in being optimistic about our democracy.

Things will never change i can bet you for a million rupees that after 3 years if those ganjas come to power people will again be crying after that again PPP and so on.

These Feudals will be the only one in power.

Dasti got people support - That's how Democracy Works

General Kayani Responded:

Where was your brain when you voted for Zardari? Why is it that I should bail you out? Whenever a child does something wrong, you scold or punish the child so they learn from their mistake that there are consequences to doing something wrong.

Zardari is that punishment upon the people of Pakistan for voting the wrong way. Why should I save you today for you to repeat this mistake in the next elections? Why should I prevent the growth of the Pakistani people? Why should Pakistan not get punished for making such a big mistake?

☪☪☪☪;910319 said:
Dasti got people support - That's how Democracy Works

despite not being fit for the job
first he had a fake degree
then one day after he was elected he personally attacked doctors at a local hospital

now i am not in favour of a coup bu i have started resenting democracy bcoz of ppl like him

We are not ready for another Martial Law sort of thing. Army is busy fighting Terrorists.

O come on! None of us, writing in this forum, can take even 50 votes in any form of elections.

We may call Dasti whatever we want to but he won the elections; plain and simple.

People gave their votes to these monsters etc. Now, we all have to bear it, whether we like or not.

The educated middle-class can abuse these people all day long and yet the impoverished majority will vote them in despite all our hallaballo.

Back
Top Bottom