What's new

Why the world’s biggest democracy still fails too many of its people

manlion

Reaction score
Indian development - Beyond bootstraps

20130629_BKP001_0.jpg

http://www.economist.com/news/books-and-arts/21580124-why-worlds-biggest-democracy-still-fails-too-many-its-people-beyond-bootstraps

This dialogue sounds sweet but impossible to follow particularly when both of its big neighbours seem to think the opposite.
do believe me,all we want is a peace loving,meek neighbor.no poor,no starvation.see how much we help Africa,we build roads railways buildings there, and some countries are now developing better than India.we want a big business partner,not enemy(in fact almost nobody see India as enemy in China,i don't know why indians are so agressive in this forum)

do believe me,all we want is a peace loving,meek neighbor.no poor,no starvation.see how much we help Africa,we build roads railways buildings there, and some countries are now developing better than India.we want a big business partner,not enemy(in fact almost nobody see India as enemy in China,i don't know why indians are so agressive in this forum)

My post did not intend any hostility towards China or Pakistan. It is an axiomatic fact that none of the three countries have shown eagerness to minimize their defence budget to concentrate more on human development. India had done it once and paid the price heavily.

I think India should first feed, clothe, shelter half its population before spending on defence budget or glamorous airports.

Indian Government work tirelessly to evacuate all people from poverty in minimum time but I here that your defence budget roars 17% and even your country gonna bankrupt :what:

I think India should first feed, clothe, shelter half its population before spending on defence budget or glamorous airports.

Defence budget is less than 3 % of GDP and most of the glamorous airports you see are built by Public Private Partnership. Govt only spends around 10% of the cost and the rest comes from the pocket of developer(L&T, DLF etc). We have many people under the poverty line but at the same time we also have good number of people who use Air travel.

ANother troll thread??? pfffffffffff

We are doing fine... we are lifting millions our of poverty each year. And even with all those poor people, we ve got a medium level HDI, which is a great leap forward from what we had 10 years ago.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom