What's new

Will Narendra Modi become the PM in 2014????

Status
Not open for further replies.

arp2041

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
There has been much talk about Narendra Modi being the right choice for the post of PM or not.

as the recent TIME cover rightly asked - Modi means business, but can he lead India??

Please discuss here the Pros & cons of Modi as the PM of India. Also please discuss the obstacles to his being the PM.

IMO the pros of Modi being PM are:

1.Better GDP growth rate of country.
2.Better management of economy.
3.India can compete more efficiently in with China in the 21st century race to become superpower.

cons:

1. Indian secular fabric can get hurt.
2. Indian standing in International order specially the Arab countries can get a hit.
3. Indian opposition parties can be obstructions to any policy decision by the Modi govt.

your thoughts?

also here is the news article on what BS Yeddyurappa had to say:

BJP should promote Modi as PM candidate: Yeddyurappa

Showering encomiums on Gujarat chief minister Narendra Modi for good governance, Karnataka BJP strongman BS Yeddyurappa on Thursday said the ongoing party national executive at Mumbai should deliberate on promoting him as Prime Ministerial candidate, among other issues.

"The national executive should deliberate on the issues rocking Karnataka, Gujarat and Rajasthan and promote Modi as Prime Ministerial candidate," he told reporters in Bangalore.
"According to a survey, Modi is the most popular leader of the country and the party must think on these lines and take decisions," said Yeddyurapa, who had recently pushed the first BJP government in the South into a crisis of survival.

"Modi is popular because he has done great work in Gujarat and made the state number one in the country," he said.

The Lingayat strongman, however, said Modi could not be compared to former Prime Minister Atal Behari Vajpayee and veteran BJP leader LK Advani.

He declined to comment on the resignation of Modi's bete noire Sanjay Joshi from the BJP National Executive.

Yeddyurappa, who is sulking over the party central leadership for 'sidelining' him, said he could not attend the National Executive due to pending court cases, but would go on Friday if possible.

"I could not attend the BJP National Executive meet due to some cases filed against me in Lokayukta court. If possible I will go tomorrow,"

He had earlier made it clear he would not attend the BJP meet. Incidentally, he has not missed a single BJP executive meeting in the last two decades.

Yeddyurappa had triggered the recent crisis with nine ministers loyal to him submitting their resignations, insisting on change of leadership of chief minister Sadananda Gowda amid speculation that he might split the party. He, however, said he had decided to quit the party but deferred his decision.

BJP should promote Modi as PM candidate: Yeddyurappa - Hindustan Times

Although indians love him but our international image would get hurt.

He won't.

There's a huge opposition for him across the country.

It's not like I don't want this to happen. It's just that I don't see this happening.

Besides, BJP is not going to get a majority and NDA (Nitish Kumar and co.) will never accept Modi.

He won't.

There's a huge opposition for him across the country.

It's not like I don't want this to happen. It's just that I don't see this happening.

Besides, BJP is not going to get a majority and NDA (Nitish Kumar and co.) will never accept Modi.

Nitish will accept,its the election game which brings closer or put allies apart.
See how lallu like leaders demonize the congress during elections ;)
What opposition? muslims ? There are many muslims who supports him especially shia's.
i dont see any prob with modi but i personally wish Arun jaitley.

He is the need of the hour for India to take it to a new height - just as he has done with Gujarat.....

Although indians love him but our international image would get hurt.

Any leader elected democratically will be accepted by the international community & we are the largest democracy.

Normally i don't care what happens in India or not, but why would you want to elect a terrorist?

No is the Answer. No one except Sanghies(Sangh Parivar followers) will ever dream of such a terror king of getting Indian prime minister ship. A Religious zealot who wants to eliminate his own people(Gujarati Musulman) cannot be a representative of Secular,Democratic India. He being CM of Gujarat itself battered India's image globally. but, I know in Gujarat Hindus are polarized and they voted and elected Him. what to say? :(

I believe, After a decade of enjoying power, It will be His time to face charges against Him. He will surely have his Jail Room waiting for Him in Tihar.

No is the Answer. No one except Sanghies(Sangh Parivar followers) will ever dream of such a terror king of getting Indian prime minister ship. A Religious zealot who wants to eliminate his own people(Gujarati Musulman) cannot be a representative of Secular,Democratic India. He being CM of Gujarat itself battered India's image globally. but, I know in Gujarat Hindus are polarized and they voted and elected Him. what to say? :(

I believe, After a decade of enjoying power, It will be His time to face charges against Him. He will surely have his Jail Room waiting for Him in Tihar.

He has been elected as the CM of Gujarat time and again. You think only Sangh Parivar members voted for him ?

I smell a Teesta setalvadd here !

No is the Answer. No one except Sanghies will ever dream of such a terror king of getting Indian prime minister ship. A Religious zealot who wants to eliminate his own people(Gujarati Musulman) cannot be a representative of Secular,Democratic India. He being CM of Gujarat itself battered India's image globally. but, I know in Gujarat Hindus are polarized and they voted and elected Him. what to say? :(

Naysayers may say what they like but to punish modi for what happened in gujrat is hyporisy. Firstly, he has been given clean chit. However, I for one dont really feel that he did enough during riots and that he maybe complicit. That said I would still want him to become a PM.
If we compare deaths due to hunger and other big problems in India then it will far far more greater than the deaths due to riots. Dont even want to start on the wrongdoings of cong against sikhs and their siphoning of money. If cong could have stopped even 1 scam then it would have saved countless lives (provided the money was used for a good cause).
The honest truth is that whats happened has happened. One cannot undo it. For the better future of India there is no one better than Modi. If we cant forget our past and move ahead then we dont have any right to even dream about being a superpower.

Nitish will accept,its the election game which brings closer or put allies apart.
What opposition? muslims ? There are many muslims who supports him especially shia's.

They all can unite against the so-called communal people.

Besides, Nitish will lose Bihar if he went too close to Modi.

They all can unite against the so-called communal people.

Besides, Nitish will lose Bihar if he went too close to Modi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom