What's new

Will Narendra Modi become the PM in 2014????

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one can rise up against a elected leader. Did Sikhs take up arms against Congress ?

the real question is, is there even a chance of him getting "elected" ? The BJP has changed much of its policy in the recent years.

It is not like he is the best leader...but in the age of inefficient and bankruptcy in generating political leaders in India, he seems to ahead from the rest of people.....Now wheather he is right for the job or not...This is all together a different analysis needs to be done....But one thing is pretty much sure....India needs an inclusive and strong leader simillar to AB Vajpayee....

Besides you folks never bother to look at the big picture. If Modi, assumes the PMO office ( hypothetically ), then can you imagine the political $h1tstorm that will ensue ? Muslims would be up in arms. Hindus would be divided ( some for and some against ), Minorities will feel threatened and will adopt a more rigid outlook. In effect , complete chaos.

I don't think that will be the case. Yes... so called guardians of secular India would love to present a scary scenario of the kind you have mentioned. Then again.. Modi has been ruling the state wher it matters most. Afterall it's in Guajarat where he was supposed to have committed all those evil sins..& still Gujaratis do support him overwhelmingly. You have even minorities coming out & endorsing his able governance. What the heck.. you even have congressis themselves in Gujarat praising Modi for his part in the development of Gujarat & it's people, to the utter dismay of central CongI leadership!!

Its makes a world of difference. If someone has to be awarded the highest position within the Indian Union, he/she must at-least be perceived by the Indian people and the world leaders to be an individual with a clean record.

Name one single political leader who is viewed favorably by all 1.2 billion Indians.

No matter who is the leader, a section of Indians will always be opposed to him for idealogical, poltiical or religious reasons.

That is democracy 101.

Besides you folks never bother to look at the big picture. If Modi, assumes the PMO office ( hypothetically ), then can you imagine the political $h1tstorm that will ensue ? Muslims would be up in arms. Hindus would be divided ( some for and some against ), Minorities will feel threatened and will adopt a more rigid outlook. In effect , complete chaos.

I'm not talking about any particular community. But if anybody does not believe in democracy and will "raise in arms" against an elected [hypothetical] leader they can pack their *** off to some other country. India is not for them. India cannot be held hostage to what some community [ies] "think" of Modi sans any proof.

Since much has been talked about how can Modi become the PM, Here is an assessment about how NDA can come to power & how can Modi become the PM.

THIS IS BASED TOTALLY ON MY ASSUMPTION, MAY OR MAY NOT COME OUT TRUE

Suppose, BJP declare Modi PM candidate & the most opposed party to this decision, JD(U) walks out of NDA.

now NDA parties are - BJP, SS, JMM, SAD, HJC,RPI (Athawale), TRS, YSR Congress(oppose to congress, can join NDA), AGP

state wise seat breakup of seats which NDA can get:

name of State - LS Seats which NDA can win(seats won in last election of 2009)
Andhra Pradesh - 10 (2 in last, due to YSR & TRS)
Assam - 6 (5 in last)
Bihar - 15 (12 in last)
CG - 8 (10 in last, very difficult to repeat that)
Goa - 2 (1 in last, taken into acc. recent state elections)
Gujarat - 22 (15 in last, Modi hails from Gujarat)
Haryana - 3 (1 in last)
HP - 2 (3 in last)
Jharkhand - 8 (10 in last)
Karnataka - 15 (19 in last, some anti-incumbency)
Kerala - 1 (0 in last, almost won 1 in 2009 elections)
MP - 20 (16 in last, BJP stronghold)
Maharashtra - 26-30 (20 in last, anti-incumbency both at center & states)
Punjab - 8 (5 in last, taking into account recent state elections)
Rajasthan - 15 (4 in last, anti incumbency at state)
UP - 20 (10 in last, anti incumbency of center)
Uthrakhand - 2 (0 in last)
WB - 2 (1 in last)
A&N - 1 (1 in last)
Dadra & Nagar Haveli - 1 (1 in last)
Daman & Diu - 1 (1 in last)
Delhi - 4 (0 in last, anti-incumbency wave)

note: those states which have no NDA presence are not included here

The list have been made on following assumptions:
1.The mood of the nation is anti-UPA.
2.Taking into account last general election & recent state elections performance + performance of govt. of states.

Total comes out to be around 196 seats, with BJP around 160 seats, this means NDA coming out as the largest block, BSP, AIADMK, TMC, TDP will have no problem joining NDA as they were earlier NDA partners which means around 60-70 seats more, with some independents NDA can achieve majority of 272.

so i am of the opinion that BJP have to take the risk of MODI & as they say "risk me hi barkat hai", so just wait & watch!

source: wikipedia.

just playing with numbers.....:lol:

the real question is, is there even a chance of him getting "elected" ? The BJP has changed much of its policy in the recent years.

The mood of the nation is right now is anti UPA. The BJP should make full use of it.

I don't think that will be the case. Yes... so called guardians of secular India would love to present a scary scenario of the kind you have mentioned. Then again.. Modi has been ruling the state wher it matters most. Afterall it's in Guajarat where he was supposed have committed all those evil sins..& still Gujaratis do support him overwhelmingly. You have even minorities coming out & endorsing his able governance. What the heck.. you even have congressis themselves in Gujarat praising Modi for his part in the development of Gujarat & it's people, to the utter dismay of central CongI leadership!!

But the paid media & NGOs demonized him so much that it makes it virtually impossible to get the facts across.

Name one single political leader who is viewed favorably by all 1.2 billion Indians.

No matter who is the leader, a section of Indians will always be opposed to him for idealogical, poltiical or religious reasons.

That is democracy 101.

I'm talking about any particular community. But if anybody does not believe in democracy and will "raise in arms" against an elected [hypothetical] leader they can pack their *** off to some other country. India is not for them. India cannot be held hostage to what some community [ies] "think" of Modi sans any proof.

India is not for them ? Really ? It is not for the 180 million of its own citizens who chose to subscribe to a different belief system ? A "section of Indian population opposed to Modi " is a gross understatement and you know that perfectly well.

]India is not for them ? Really ?[/B] It is not for the 180 million of its own citizens who chose to subscribe to a different belief system ? A "section of Indian population opposed to Modi " is a gross understatement and you know that perfectly well.

India is not for anyone who raises arms against an elected leader or Govt. In a democracy there is no place for violence, if you don't like the Govt vote them out but to subvert the democratic process is unacceptable.

And the section of the Indian population are those who believe in hearsay. If minorities in Gujurat are happy, it doesn't matter what minorities outside Gujurat think unless Modi becomes a national leader.

The mood of the nation is right now is anti UPA. The BJP should make full use of it.

As am i. But lets be realistic here , how much chance does "Modi" have against the likes of Mrs. Sushama or Mr. Jaitley ? Who by the way, are not going to be deferential to Modi when opportunity comes knocking. Not to mention the fact that the BJP as a party will not even consider making such a blunder.

I can never imagine a man with a criminal record becoming the PMO of the Indian Union. I mean, what will that say about ourselves ?

I cant believe we have such narrow minded people

'He got a clean chit in SIT report when Congress is in Power'

What else do u need ???

India is not for them ? Really ? It is not for the 180 million of its own citizens who chose to subscribe to a different belief system ? A "section of Indian population opposed to Modi " is a gross understatement and you know that perfectly well.

I said about those who would be "up in arms" against a democratically elected leader [hypothetical] and not about one particular community. Whoever does that, irrespective of his/her idealogy must be chucked out.

Actually in thinking that I spoke about Muslims as a whole you just betrayed your communal mind.This is the problem with you people - anyone who supports Modi automatically becomes opposed to Islam and you people begin your arguments from that false assumption.

Contrary to what the media shows you, Muslims in Gujarat who I believe are also a part of the 180 million dont share your unreasoned hate for Modi.

I cant believe we have such narrow minded people

'He got a clean chit in SIT report when Congress is in Power'

What else do u need ???

Who is SIT? When it comes to Modi, perception is everything.

Anyways I am utterly disappointed at Indian courts to fail to come to a verdict about Modi's alleged participation in Gujurat Riot cases even after 10 years.

As am i. But lets be realistic here , how much chance does "Modi" have against the likes of Mrs. Sushama or Mr. Jaitley ? Who by the way, are not going to be deferential to Modi when opportunity comes knocking. Not to mention the fact that the BJP as a party will not even consider making such a blunder.

This means you will vote for BJP? In another thread I remember you saying that your community only votes for Communist or Kerala Congress.

I said about those who would be "up in arms" against a democratically elected leader [hypothetical] and not about one particular community.

Actually in thinking that I spoke about Muslims as a whole you just betrayed your communal mind.

Contrary to what the media shows you, Muslims in Gujarat who I believe are also a part of the 180 million dont share your unreasoned hate for Modi.

Sir, what do you mean it "betrayed my communal mind" ? If this were your first post in this forum, that accusation would be held valid. However, this is really not the first time i'm going through your posts and certainly not the first time you addressed a similar issues. I have always maintained that Modi is ideal for Gujarat, not for the rest of India. He can stay there for as long as he likes. Despite the frequent propaganda hailing Modi as the greatest thing that ever happened to India, people are simply not willing to buy it.

The population outside of Gujarat are not willing to accept him or even willing to forgive him for this supposed role in the Gujarat riots. He needs to go out of his way to prove his worth and salvage his name.

But the paid media & NGOs demonized him so much that it makes it virtually impossible to get the facts across.

Modi doesn't fit into the scheme of things of mainstream media & branded fake secularists. & they also know that in spite of constant attack for last ten years, modi still stood strong & continues to do so. This is what frustrates those so called liberals & drives them crazy.. people like Teesta Setalvad are the face of those frustration!! Then again as a classic say goes.. Kutte bhonke hazzar.. haati (read Modi) chale bazaar!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom