What's new

World population to reach 8.1 billion in 2025: UN

Ayush

Reaction score
Country
India
World population to reach 8.1 billion in 2025: UN - The Times of India
UNITED NATIONS: A new UN report is forecasting that the world's population will increase from 7.2 billion on Thursday to 8.1 billion in 2025 and 9.6 billion in 2050.

The report, released on Thursday, said most of the population growth will occur in developing regions which are projected to increase from 5.9 billion in 2013 to 8.2 billion in 2050.

During that same period, it said, the population of developed countries is expected to remain largely unchanged at around 1.3 billion people.

The report said much of the overall increase between now and 2050 is expected to take place in Africa and countries with large populations such as India, Indonesia, Pakistan, the Philippines and the United States.

and by the bolded part,we can say 9.5 billion by 2050..

India's population to surpass China's by 2025

link

Indian population grew at an annual rate of 1.43 per cent during 2005-10. In comparison, China registered a much lower annual growth rate of 0.7 per cent during corresponding period.

27 million children are born every year in India and only 16 million in China.

In the last 20 years, India's population has increased by more than 350 million, while China's has increased only by 210 million

How Do We Feed India’s Population In 2050?

Link

Indians need to stop their crazy breeding or this planet will be screwed. Indians are ruining this world.

We could try reviving a sterlization program initiated by Indira Gandhi.
If worse comes to worse, the world will have to stop Indian migration and let India itself take care of its overpopulation crisis.

We could try reviving a sterlization program initiated by Indira Gandhi.
If worse comes to worse, the world will have to stop Indian migration and let India itself take care of its overpopulation crisis.

I say the nuclear powers of this world just nuke India so that 75% of its population will be reduced! That's the easiest way.

I say the nuclear powers of this world just nuke India so that 75% of its population will be reduced! That's the easiest way.

dont need to use nuke or anything

Nature will do its part to re balance the issue with problematic india

Some catalyst certainly would help, how about some h7n9 avian flu. China handled it pretty well, wonder how it will fare in the indian slums.

Some catalyst certainly would help, how about some h7n9 avian flu. China handled it pretty well, wonder how it will fare in the indian slums.

Let Nature decides. It knows what or what not to do!

Not even nature will stop this ridiculous Indian breeding. The international community need to put a stop to this Indian nonsense. They are using up the world's resources and contribute nothing to the world.

Not even nature will stop this ridiculous Indian breeding. The international community need to put a stop to this Indian nonsense. They are using up the world's resources and contribute nothing to the world.

Our weapons are used purely for defense and protecting our interests.

I still believe Nature has its methods to do its part.
indians are already on their road to suicides
I am already seeing more indians in China year on year.
We are doing our best part in controlling our population expansion.
We need to curb the crazy influx of indians into China at all costs!

I agree.
Nuking India is the only humane way to stop population crisis...

I support any move China takes to curb or eliminate Indian migration.
This crisis will only get larger as China gets stronger and India is dwelved into poverty...

So the newly added population will be cheap labor for the developed countries? Gee, I feel sorry for them. I am totally against China's 1 child policy, but I am also worried that India's youngsters will just manual labor for consumers of developed countries.

This world has been and will remain to be unfair.

Indian government really need to do something about its population explosion. Sometimes, individual decisions are not the best decisions for themselves or for the nation due to reasons such as education, life experience, etc. I guess it would be difficult in India since India has this voting democracy.

Well our wonderful family planning commission imposes strict one child policy on urban citizens, but have lax policy on rural and minority areas. Lets control population growth of rich Chinese that can give better education to their kids, let poor people have more kids that cannot be fed and educated properly. Isn't the policy funny? I kind of understand their mentality because of their peasant revolution roots, but this is really detrimental for national development.

China's 1 child policy is very similar to world population growth pattern. Rich people have fewer kids, but poor people grow more and more.

Back
Top Bottom