What's new

QATARI DIPLOMAT: “WORK ONGOING WITH PAKISTAN ON JF-17 THUNDERS”

Status
Not open for further replies.

This has been going around since 2016, lol. 5 years later and they are still thinking.

Same as PAF considering J10 acquisition for a decade+. It happened when J10 met the required criteria, probably the same with Qatar and JF17s.

This has been going around since 2016, lol. 5 years later and they are still thinking.
It took even longer with Myanmar and Nigeria, both of whom were rumoured to have been interested since 2013.

Big defence deals take time. Pakistan was interested in the j10 since Musharraf's era, and if what's happening is real, PAF is finally getting it after over a decade.

It took even longer with Myanmar and Nigeria, both of whom were rumoured to have been interested since 2013.

Big defence deals take time. Pakistan was interested in the j10 since Musharraf's era, and if what's happening is real, PAF is finally getting it after over a decade.
Qatar I believe are attracted by the AESA radar. They are many eager buyer waiting for blk III to be put into operation first before making the move ( Argentina, Qatar, Azerbaijan, Egypt, Iraq ). They are not interested in Blk II.

Qatar I believe are attracted by the AESA radar. They are many eager buyer waiting for blk III to be put into operation first before making the move ( Argentina, Qatar, Azerbaijan, Egypt, Iraq ). They are not interested in Blk II.
Probably.

I don't think Egypt actually cares much about the JF-17 anymore, but in general, you're probably correct.

JF-17 Thunder Argentine Ambassador Visits Chinese Aerospace In Beijing Discusses Acquisition Of Jets​

Salaam

Sorry, no Leonardo system. There are previous talk about installing western radar for JF-17 but ended up with all Chinese. Avionics and weapon system are sensitive which western and Chinese refuse to reveal too much of their own to each other. If Qatari are no interested in Chinese JF-17 AESA, who go for JF-17? They can go for South Korea FA50 for LIFT requirement with western radar or even asking South Korea for certain technology transfer. I am sure South Korea are willing to sell provide the money is right.

You can continue to fantasize but fact speaks and the most , the ejection seat will be western. In fact, I am not comfortable for this deal to proceed given Qatari complete loyalty to USA, they are unlike UAE who continue to use Huawei 5G while Qatari listen to US command and refuse Huawei network in their country.

I am more than happy if this deal is off.

I think your concerns are valid, however, my guess is if the deal were to materialize it would likely be done keeping these realities and possibilities in mind. After all, no deal is going to happen without the knowledge of both top Chinese and Pakistani security officials signing off on it.

I doubt these questions would be ignored completely by either the Pakistani side or the Chinese - especially the Chinese.

So if something is sold, my guess is it would be an export variant. Especially given the plane has been specifically designed to be exported as well. So I'm guessing there are already export-safe versions of all the tech ready or in the pipeline to account for the problems you've addressed.

It may even be that the Qataris go for a western package to avoid any issues.

The deal is likely happening for geopolitical reasons than anything else imho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom