What's new

1971 East Pakistan - A Veteran speaks

It mattered to you enough that you had to mention this
"whites can't tell the difference between a Pakistani, Iranian, Turk, Arab or Olive skinned South American."

just pointing out

EXACTLY! And there is no mention of indians in that sentence.

Yeah, but then there is another perspective as well.

Taking the example of British mainland and their distant colonies all over the world, they actually managed it well, that was all... They didn't have this flawed policy of ours that any attack on a British colony will be countered by an attack from the British mainland.

Therefore, in my personal opinion, it was just bad mismanagement and unequal distribution of resources etc between the two wings which led to disaster... once you denude an area that much, then you are attracting others to fill that vacuum.

We often overlook the reasons behind this flawed and suicidal defense doctrine. PA had significant infiltration of Soviets at that time. Even Gen, Yahiya himself was seeking financial aids from Moscow in the heights of the conflict . Soviets were successful to control both the political and military wings of PAKISTAN to accomplish their goals. PAKISTAN history is closely connected with the Soviets and majority of people are still in the darkness about it.

Not really. We have been de-hyphenated. Indian and Pak diaspora are not considered to be in same educational, professional or socio economic bracket. Pakistanis are generally far behind now.

For what it is worth Pakistanis are in the same ethnic category as Indians. They are not considered Middle Easterners or Latin Americans as @PAKISTANFOREVER considers

For what it is worth Pakistanis are in the same ethnic category as Indians. They are not considered Middle Easterners or Latin Americans as @PAKISTANFOREVER considers

Where is the evidence of this? Could you post a link to a genuine and reliable source that confirms this? Either way, it makes no difference as the racial and genetic differences between Pakistanis and indians is too great to be considered as being the same ethnicity. In the UK, indians and Pakistanis are considered to be both a different race AND ethnicity.

PS I never said Pakistanis were the same ethnicity as Middle Eastern people or South Americans. I simply pointed out that White people CANNOT tell the difference between the different shades of Brown Olive Skinned people.

Not really. We have been de-hyphenated. Indian and Pak diaspora are not considered to be in same educational, professional or socio economic bracket. Pakistanis are generally far behind now.

Agreed. But the difference is not just in education, professional or socio-economic. The difference is also racial, genetic and cultural. Also both groups have a different heritage.

The first sentence of yours now applies to india, just as it was to Pak of 1971!

In simple terms, this amounts to 'whataboutery'; A: XYZ is a fact that happened to S. B: So what? It is a fact that has happened to T today.

india has lost at least 38,000 square kms of it's territory to China and indians have not even fired a shot:

https://thekashmirwalla.com/2020/05...square-kilometres-to-china-in-a-month-report/

https://eurasiantimes.com/china-has...f-indian-land-in-ladakh-arunachal-india-govt/

All indians do is just talk and blow hot air. Even the Iraqi resistance are way more powerful than jndia. They did better against the americans than the indians have against China.

I am glad that the champion of irrefutable evidence has now taken to citing blogs and online data to back up his pompous claims.

Hindu domination was the primary reason for the formation of the Bangladesh creation.

The discrimination was there, but the former did not help matters.

Confused argument by a nice man with a muddled mind. It is impressive how 5% of the population was able to dominate 95%. Why was partition necessary then? It would have been just as useful for Muslims to be dominated in an unpartitioned country.

Disclaimer: I believe that Partition is an irreversible fact.

arreh wah hero, now these sources have become good enough?

This is why this post is the funniest. Our resident racist and proof-seeker falls into the embraces of a hot online site.

Exactly. Our response should have gone in on 21 Nov 71. PAF should have gone all out on the same very day , unlike the way it went on 3 Dec with only 32 aircraft. General Tikka and his 2 Corps should have been standing by on 21 Nov, not 17 Dec.

Seems like everyone got cold feet, forgot our already declared policy and focused on saving WP only.

Didn't that vindicate the deep-rooted belief of the Bengalis/Bangladeshis that Pakistan simply didn't care about them?

The myth created by India and propagated so often by Indian posters on this forum that Indian Army defeated Pakistan Army in East Pakistan and took 90K POWs is essentially wrong. Pakistan had around 60K front line troops in E Pakistan surrounded a very hostile population of 60 million, totally out numbered militarily both by Indian Army and Mukhti Bahini and no supply lines. No doubt the Indian created and contributed to the situation but Pakistan was inherently in a untenable situ
ation from the get go. Indians gloating over their success in E Pakistan has given them a false sense of invincibility which they will pay a price for that very soon.

A lot of people say that Pakistan should have taken a stand and fought to the last man. Sounds good but very few, if any, would have returned home. That would have destroyed the fabric of the society in West Pakistan and could have risked the existence of what was left of Pakistan. Today at least we are here to fight another day. We are not dominated by India and are more of a threat to them today than before 71.

A lot of people are tigers and lions behind their keyboards, and will fight the enemy to the last key. These gasbags shouldn't be encouraged; there are already too many of them, on both sides of the border, creating an atmosphere of mutual hatred and animosity that is rarely shared by the serving military men.

Your point about a false sense of invincibility is valid, but I hope against hope that you will be proved wrong and that there will be no price to be paid, soon or late.

Yeah mate.
Those Bengalis who ruled us were "lapdogs of west Pakistan" . By the same logic your sheikh mujeeb and his daughter are lapdogs of India.

<sigh!>

Whataboutery strikes; is there to be no respite?

It's a short form of vegetarian.

LOLOL.

You are in a cruel mood today.

Where is the evidence of this? Could you post a link to a genuine and reliable source that confirms this? Either way, it makes no difference as the racial and genetic differences between Pakistanis and indians is too great to be considered as being the same ethnicity. In the UK, indians and Pakistanis are considered to be both a different race AND ethnicity.

And here we go again!

PS I never said Pakistanis were the same ethnicity as Middle Eastern people or South Americans. I simply pointed out that White people CANNOT tell the difference between the different shades of Brown Olive Skinned people.

Agreed. But the difference is not just in education, professional or socio-economic. The difference is also racial, genetic and cultural. Also both groups have a different heritage.

The old, the "wise".

Ouch.

Below the belt, that.

@Joe Shearer And to add; i can't recall a single great commander in history who fought a battle on the basis of realism and changed the world. If you know of any, please do tell me. And here we keep discussing scenarios and ground realities.

Depends on the Indian. Pakistanis are more homogenous. But obviously an Indian Punjabi and Pakistani Punjabi are closer linguistically and ethnically than an Indian from Punjab and an Indian from Karnataka. Similar case with Sindhis and Rajasthanis. But yes, besides these groups it's different. I had read that Brahui is a South Indian language still spoken in Pak and only in Pak but I have never met anyone who speaks it.

@Joe Shearer And to add; i can't recall a single great commander in history who fought a battle on the basis of realism and changed the world. If you know of any, please do tell me. And here we keep discussing scenarios and ground realities.
De Gaulle.

Back
Top Bottom