What's new

Fund Raising Status for Diamer Basha And Mohmand Dam

And we have reached the figure of 4.6 Billion Rupees 100% Pakistani's own will power
:pakistan:

Jut showcases the best solution to any problem comes from with in the people itself

october_9th.png

A fantastic donation campaign at School

Last edited:
It could take 6~7 years depending upon fund availability and workforce.
I am surprised that no one mentioned time line for most important thing that is Main Distribution Line to connect Dam with National Grid and time line for second line.

We need donation for 15~20 years minimum because we need 4~5 Mega Dams. Each year dam capacity is reduced due to silt. and our water need is increasing population+agriculture.

We need to dredge the dams. Take out the silt and dump it in areas nearby. Mangla dam has loads of rocky ravines which could benefit from silt being dumped at the bottom. Fill them up and make artificial flat lands.

I think this Bhasha donation project is a prime example , what works in Pakistan
you take cash from people and have transparency where the funds collected are and what is total

Anytime a disbeliever (in term of project) comes you can just showcase the eagerness of people to help by showing them the totals

People love this level of transparency, I know I love this level of reporting

When you can represent things in graph and totals people see progress immediately they don't need to check TV channel for false news

The project becomes 100% People driven

The other approach is , funding is taken then behind closed door , money is giving to contractor and then projects are delayed by 5 years , and contractors tells people only 5% is remaining for 3 years it is a negative approach. Government changes and then next government comes they check papers and find so many differences in totals etc

Every project in Pakistan should be run like Bhasha Dam Fund ...100% Transparency

Last edited:
We need to dredge the dams. Take out the silt and dump it in areas nearby. Mangla dam has loads of rocky ravines which could benefit from silt being dumped at the bottom. Fill them up and make artificial flat lands.
its too much silt. do you have any study to support project feasibility and if yes for how long will it take? you do know production will stop during cleaning process? simple dumper trucks are not enough we need some high end engineering and also see its feasibility cost+time.

Anything which has a feasibility "Study" normally fails in Pakistan , because the theory masters collect their consulting charges and then disapper

its too much silt. do you have any study to support project feasibility and if yes for how long will it take? you do know production will stop during cleaning process? simple dumper trucks are not enough we need some high end engineering and also see its feasibility cost+time.

It's one of the most simple processes in the world. People do it all the time in the UK. Rivers are regularly dredged to prevent flooding. Its a technique used since ancient times. You just need a barge and a large vacuum. If the Emirates can make islands I'm sure we can manage to dredge a dam.

For Mangla transportation would be minimal too. Its surrounded by land suitable for dumping silt in.

If you appoint me to government, I'll give you a detailed feasibility study, until then it's beyond my means.

It's one of the most simple processes in the world. People do it all the time in the UK. Rivers are regularly dredged to prevent flooding. Its a technique used since ancient times. You just need a barge and a large vacuum. If the Emirates can make islands I'm sure we can manage to dredge a dam.

For Mangla transportation would be minimal too. Its surrounded by land suitable for dumping silt in.

If you appoint me to government, I'll give you a detailed feasibility study, until then it's beyond my means.
Lol! Sir much easier said then done. Govt in past had done it with canals small one.
But cleaning dam? the amount of silt? the amount of Depth? the length of lake? land access?
i would really like to know how you purpose ?
Do you want ship for it? how much that ship can hold? do you want to do it from land?
will you create passage for heavy machines along the side?
you do know the distance b/w both end forget the length of lake i am talking of width.

In modren engineering even if its possible question will raised of its feasibility and as i previous said (is it financially feasible and how long we will need to shutdown power generator during cleaning process)

their could be possibility where engineer would ask to blow up the wall and construct new wall will spill gates at the bottom just like in three star gorges dam. it is the only solution and that too will only clear 40~60 silt not 100%.

Water near dam(wall) is clean because water is still the problem start as distance from wall increased.

You can come to office by next morning nibba.

Lol! Sir much easier said then done. Govt in past had done it with canals small one.
But cleaning dam? the amount of silt? the amount of Depth? the length of lake? land access?
i would really like to know how you purpose ?
Do you want ship for it? how much that ship can hold? do you want to do it from land?
will you create passage for heavy machines along the side?
you do know the distance b/w both end forget the length of lake i am talking of width.

In modren engineering even if its possible question will raised of its feasibility and as i previous said (is it financially feasible and how long we will need to shutdown power generator during cleaning process)

their could be possibility where engineer would ask to blow up the wall and construct new wall will spill gates at the bottom just like in three star gorges dam. it is the only solution and that too will only clear 40~60 silt not 100%.

Water near dam(wall) is clean because water is still the problem start as distance from wall increased.

Bhai ji I agree. Its not easy but it is not impossible either. Mangla is very well connected by road on all sides. 100% will never happen but something is better than nothing.

Of course only if it makes financial sense.

You can come to office by next morning nibba.
Always wanted a govt job. Let's discuss terms. :-)

Mashallah full 9 Crore got added in 1 Day

Best way to deal with any crisis is by your own means and power

:yahoo::pakistan::pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:

october_10thmashalla.png

Last edited:
Fantastic work being done in Schools to raise funds for Bhasha Dam

SPIKE ALERT
  • Multiple Government working groups from Punjab (Mere 1-2 day salary)
  • Punjab Government workers -----> 2 Arab 19 carore :big_boss: that's what I am talking about team work
  • District Education Punjab ----> 55 Crore , 81 Lakh rupee:pop:
  • District Health Punjab --------> 10 Crore , 80 Lakh rupee:smokin:

Last edited:
Lol. Nowhere close to what's needed. Donations to charities like Edhi and Shaukat Khanum have fallen because of this unfathomable goose chase to nowhere.

@AZADPAKISTAN2009
Rate of growth roughly seems to be ~Rs.5 to 7 crore every day. Right!
CJP said in an interview that their initial target is about Rs.50+ Billion.
So at this rate initial target might be achieved in ~3 Years!

Rs. 50,000,000 * 365 days * 3 years = Rs. 54,750,000,000.

According to this news (link), IK said we need Rs.30bn each year. So for that we need approx.
30,000,000,000 / 365 days ~= Rs.8 crore each day which seems achievable.

Total budget for dam ONLY (without electricity generation) is ~ $5 Billion.
Total budget including electricity generation is ~ $14 Billion though!

The only limit is our Imagination

Local Pakistani Citizens inside Pakistan
"200,000,000" 200 Million Pakistanis x $100 Dollar or (9,000 Rupees) = 20 Billion Dollar or 14 Billion Dollar

Expat Pakistani Citizens World Wide
2,000,000 Million Pakistanis x $1000 Dollar = 2.0 Billion ( Bonus)

Not difficult to do in 365 Days

2 Notes of 5,000 rupee in 365 days from each Pakistani do the Trick for Full Dam fund per Pakistani

images

or 1 (100 Dollar) bill from each Pakistani
$_3.JPG

This amount is Cost of 5 Pizza Hut Orders for Family Dinner (a mini party cost)

I prefer to do donate Bi Weekly , and now motivated to do Weekly
It's a on going project

Last edited:
Lol. Nowhere close to what's needed. Donations to charities like Edhi and Shaukat Khanum have fallen because of this unfathomable goose chase to nowhere.
We don't need to raise 14bn $ in one year,the actual amount we need per anum is 30bn PKR,which is achievable.It's not like the whole project is dependent on civilian donations government will also allocate funds from the development budget.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom